An unfinished iOS title. It was rebooted once and then was dropped in 2013.
The game tasks you, a fish, with recovering the pieces of a mermaid's pendant. The game features a buddy mechanic, plus all weapons have charge attacks.
A Windows build of Rockfish was released by Pixel on the 30th of July 2023; Said version of the game was a demo for IGF 2012.
It deals little damage but has a wide attack range.
It shoots two bubble beams simultaneously.
Deals three bubble beams simultaneously.
It can reach enemies in distance, and destory fragile blocks.
It shoots two razor lines, which can destroy fragile blocks.
It explodes when reaching a target.
It restores your health by 10.
Mermaid is sealed inside the pendant.
Links and Downloads
Warning: This game is unfinished and won't ever be finished. It is presented as-is.
- View the pre-reboot devlog (archived)
- View relevant tweets by Pixel (archived)
- Download the Rockfish (0.2.0) Windows Port (English)
- Download the Rockfish (0.2.0) Windows Port (Japanese)
- Download the Rockfish (0.2.1) Android Port (English) by Alula
- Download the Rockfish (0.2.1) Android Port (Japanese) by Alula
- Download the Rockfish Emscripten Port by Alula
- Download the Rockfish Linux Port by Alula
Pixel made 10 Rockfish emotes for the QVGA discord. Here are all 10 emotes at their original 128x128 resolution: