Quick Modding/Hacking Answers Thread

Feb 11, 2021 at 3:52 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Is there a way I can replace the booster(fall) entity's code with the vanilla code? I swear last time I worked on my mod, he would fall if ANP'd with a value of 10, but working on it 2 months later it no longer animates. I think the entity might be corrupted or something.

Feb 27, 2021 at 8:33 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This is my fist time modding and I would like to know how to do a few things in Cave Editor
1. How do I change Quote's Sprite ( I can't find it)
2. How do I get a working door transition with a music change
3. How do I do a door and key System
4. How do I change the Title and the intro ________Presents

Feb 27, 2021 at 8:53 AM
Best Cow
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
This is my fist time modding and I would like to know how to do a few things in Cave Editor
1. How do I change Quote's Sprite ( I can't find it)
2. How do I get a working door transition with a music change
3. How do I do a door and key System
4. How do I change the Title and the intro ________Presents
1. data/MyChar.bmp (make sure to save as 24-bit bitmap to keep the changes without the colors fucking over)
2. You can copy/paste the TSC for the events in the scripts to help give you an idea on how it'll work.
3. You can use <ITJ (ITem Jump) to jump to an event when you have whichever item is necessary. Otherwise, you won't be able to access the next room.
4. Title:

Just be sure to modify Title.bmp if you decide to make it full-screen. If you don't wanna touch the config, then you can just modify the bitmap.

Feb 27, 2021 at 11:10 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
1. data/MyChar.bmp (make sure to save as 24-bit bitmap to keep the changes without the colors fucking over)
2. You can copy/paste the TSC for the events in the scripts to help give you an idea on how it'll work.
3. You can use <ITJ (ITem Jump) to jump to an event when you have whichever item is necessary. Otherwise, you won't be able to access the next room.
4. Title:

Just be sure to modify Title.bmp if you decide to make it full-screen. If you don't wanna touch the config, then you can just modify the bitmap.
Ok thanks I found a program to edit sprites called pixelformer to change the title and characters, and I will try reusing code for existing doors.