Monster X is nothing - Find out how with these easy steps

Aug 12, 2020 at 5:46 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I see that a lot of people have trouble with Monster X even though I never remember finding the boss that difficult. For reference, I'm capable of going through Cave Story up to the entrance to hell without dying. To accomplish this feat I must surely have come across a good strategy for Monster X at sheer random.

Here are the keys:
  • Monster X changes direction a set amount of times (three if I remember right?) before stopping to fire missiles. I purposely run with it end-to-end across the entire arena so it takes as much time as possible between firings. This gives you more time (and room) to clear out the missiles so you can focus on attacking during the next volley.
  • Getting the Bubbler at level 3 puts the boss on Easy Mode. The bubble cloud helps protect you from missiles and makes it simple to hit more than one of X's targets at once.
  • ?
  • YOU WON !

Aug 12, 2020 at 10:59 PM
Okay I give up... for now
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Oh hey Jazz, haven't seen you around in a long time. Thanks for the tips on defeating Monster X. Hope this helps people who are struggling.

Aug 13, 2020 at 3:56 AM
"Huzzah!"
I feel like this is directed towards people who have tried Hard Mode and failed, since honestly I never really had a problem with the boss in any other circumstance
or maybe im just that good

Sep 28, 2020 at 1:06 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
late respons

I always did like the Bubbler for that fight. These days for the first form I prefer the Blade or something more damaging to take care of it quickly, but for the second form it definitely does a good job dealing with the fish missiles (which still annoy me). The only problem is losing level 3 as soon as one does manage to get through :koron:

Sep 28, 2020 at 9:07 PM
Everything you hate about humanity
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Level 1/2 Blade makes this fight a joke, though using that method makes the hard part avoiding the exp drops from the projectiles and enemies

Oct 6, 2020 at 8:49 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
i always use the level 1 blade. just spam as fast as possible, but the bubbler works great as you said

Oct 25, 2020 at 6:35 PM
Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
i like the BLADE!!! :chin: :balrog::sue::sue::sue::sue::sue: