"save as draft" Option?

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Life keeps going, but my temper doesn't.
"..."
Sometimes I might make a new topic or reply to something but there were times that I HAD to get off, no objections. And it is sad because I might say something important or I have typed a lot. So is it possible to add a save as draft feature to the forums? That would be greatly appreciated.

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

and no, I cant save as a .txt. dont have that much time. It would be faster.

Aug 29, 2013 at 4:53 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
There's this magical thing called the "clipboard"
You can like
Copy things
And then
You paste them

Have fun :'D :33 C:

Edit: after actually reading your spoiler (i dont know why you use them they're stupid) my answer is no, they're not slower at all

Aug 29, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Fatih120 said:
and no, I cant save as a .txt. dont have that much time. It would be faster.
If you have enough time to make a thread asking for this, I'm pretty sure you have enough time to save a small txt file.

Aug 29, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Been here way too long...
Motherfucker, unless you're running an OS that's seven years younger than the computer it's on, copying something onto Notepad takes a few seconds. Don't use that as part of your argument.

Aug 29, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Professional Whatever
Aug 29, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Professional Whatever
you idiot
If you're not supposed to be on the computer then you have no reason to be making threads
We're really just fueling your bad habits by making accommodations like that, plus it would only benefit you and would be a bunch of work for Andy probably

Aug 29, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
You're one to talk sold :/

But yeah, there's no reason anyone will need this unless they're going against s real life superior's will, which we don't condone.
Here's a tip: post less. If you have something to actually contribute to a discussion taking place, post. You've proven that you can't make good threads, so don't. When you reach the point where you think you're posting too little, good work, you're almost there. Them you just need to post a tiny bit less, and you'll be posting all you should.
Also, take the advice Captain Fabulous gave you in the other thread. The first two are actually things you really need to do, the third not quite yet. However, if you disregard this part, or don't understand it (like you seem to do with /all/ my posts) then it's time to follow that bit of advice. Do you understand?

Also, for something slightly more on topic, I wrote that whole post out without ever needing to save, because I'm doing it at a time I'm allowed to.

Aug 29, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Professional Whatever
Dunc2403 said:
You're one to talk sold :/
It's completely different because i never make threads

Aug 29, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Professional Whatever
Yes, it sure is strange that you're not able to perform moderator actions >.<

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
You know, if you're really incapable of opening Notepad, you could make a status on your profile called "This is where I keep my posts." or something, and leave your unfinished posts there in the comments on that status. Then, whenever you get back to the computer tablet, it will be right there for you to copy-paste and finish.

This method DOES leave the possibility of people doing silly things with your unfinished posts, but if they're really stupid or immature enough to do that, you pretty much shouldn't be paying them any mind, anyhow.

...not that I'm condoning you make so many threads, of course. It's the sort of thing that will get you banned very early on in your life on the forums. :hoppy:

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Based Member
Fatih120 said:
Well excuuuuuuuuuuus-
For some reason the forums won't even let me lock threads. I mean, WAT?
MagicDoors said:
Yes, it sure is strange that you're not able to perform moderator actions >.<
I'm sorry Fatih, I'm so mean. That was mean of me. I just couldn't resist. That image I posted on your profile is fake. Regular users can't lock threads, not even their own. The only option for me is the "Hide" option as well. I'm also pretty sure that even mods and admins don't have any "Block selected users" or "Disable signatures" options, because I just made those up. Please don't be mad, it was a joke.

For those of you confused...

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2013 at 1:02 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 30, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Based Member
Noxid said:
If it prevented said user from even being able to post in the thread like my hypothetical option does rather than not making their posts visible to you, then that really would have been nice to know earlier. And of course that signature option only affects you and not anyone browsing the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 30, 2013 at 1:22 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
blocking people from being able to reply to one particular thread would be silly and open to wanton abuse.
as far as signatures, why would you care what anyone else sees?

maybe they don't work those ways but it is a useful feature nontheless.