Quick Modding/Hacking Answers Thread

Aug 23, 2020 at 7:23 PM
PADORU PADORU
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Nice, I don't think we've had a mod like that for years, now that I think of it.

Sep 1, 2020 at 1:19 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Question: If I make Title.pbm and/or Fade.pbm larger, will that cause any issues with teh title screen/fade effect? If there's no consequences to this I'm planning on putting some entity sprites on those sheets.

Sep 1, 2020 at 7:32 PM
PADORU PADORU
There will be no problems with making the Title screen bitmap larger as long as you use the Title Screen hack used in Booster's Lab, as long as it fits within the window resolution (depends if you're using Mod Loader or not). As for Fade.bmp however, I don't think there's actually a confirmed hack for that, and you will need to adjust it's framerects in order to make it bigger (the top 16 pixels in the bitmap are what's being used).

Sep 5, 2020 at 4:02 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
On NpcRegu.pbm, Santa has a sprite of him looking behind himself (like Quote's when the player presses down). Is this sprite unused?

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 4:37 PM
PADORU PADORU
On NpcRegu.pbm, Santa has a sprite of him looking behind himself (like Quote's when the player presses down). Is this sprite unused?
Actually, it is used, but only where Santa walks to his house after you give him his key. Even though it was never listed in the ANP.txt file in Booster's Lab, it is <ANPXXXX:0005:ZZZZ

Oct 25, 2020 at 1:12 PM
Has anyone gotten Blink's Money Hack to work correctly? I applied it in DouA to my mod, but it freezes and then crashes the game. I tried Serri's version on Vannila, and everything works fine but i don't know how to collect coins. EXP gives you EXP, not money, when I want EXP to give you money and only money.

Oct 25, 2020 at 9:38 PM
PADORU PADORU
Has anyone gotten Blink's Money Hack to work correctly? I applied it in DouA to my mod, but it freezes and then crashes the game. I tried Serri's version on Vannila, and everything works fine but i don't know how to collect coins. EXP gives you EXP, not money, when I want EXP to give you money and only money.
Here's the actual fix, the one you mentioned was for making it compatible with <VAR.

Nov 6, 2020 at 11:20 PM
Where is the address for the Level 2 Blade bullet's framerects? I am trying to change it to a 32x32 sprite for my CS Beta mod, but I cannot seem to find any at address 406E60.
This is what I'm looking at:
ASM.png

Nov 7, 2020 at 12:16 AM
PADORU PADORU
They're over here, at address 0x406f70. Modify the hex numbers at the end of each line, you may need a calculator to convert the numbers if you have locations in the Bullet.bmp file in mind.

Nov 7, 2020 at 12:49 PM
Thanks!

Nov 15, 2020 at 11:02 PM
Where is the starting position for the Core boss? I've been looking through the code, but can't find it.