Is it possible to play Cave Story+ without using internet?

Mar 4, 2013 at 12:31 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I want to play CS+ on a separate PC that doesn't have internet. Is it possible?

Sorry if this is in the wrong area.

Mar 4, 2013 at 1:41 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
It is possible. You would have to be able to access Steam on the PC without internet and download CS+ on to it. After that, it should be possible to play CS+ without an internet connection.
Also, there is really no fine line for Cave Story and Cave Story+ division. As long as you make it clear on what version of the game your playing/discussing about, it should be fine.

Mar 4, 2013 at 2:34 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
How would I access Steam without internet?

Mar 4, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Simple: you wouldn't. :p

You'll have to steal wifi from somewhere, or have someone share it via tethering or something.

Good luck :)

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You could get the Humble Indie Bundle version.

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Yeah, but I already downloaded it last night (only cuz it was on sale). What's the difference between normal and HIB version?

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:12 AM
Based Member
The HIB version has no DRM, hence you can play it offline, and installing it is just about as easy as installing the original Cave Story.
On the downside, it has a horribly game-breaking glitch that the steam version doesn't have. And I don't know if the Steam version got patched or what, but the Wind Fortress timer glitch is present in the HIB version as well.

Mar 4, 2013 at 5:57 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
HaydenStudios said:
HaydenStudios, on 04 Mar 2013 - 13:02, said:
The HIB version has no DRM, hence you can play it offline, and installing it is just about as easy as installing the original Cave Story.
On the downside, it has a horribly game-breaking glitch that the steam version doesn't have. And I don't know if the Steam version got patched or what, but the Wind Fortress timer glitch is present in the HIB version as well.
The games have been patched a number of times. Both HIB and Steam. You would think that those bugs would be old news by this point.

Mar 4, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
As Rubyyoshi said...
You should be able to play most Steam games offline, if you download Steam, the games, then click on offline mode. Not sure if there's any kind of long term time limit to offline mode, or if you can keep it offline indefinitely.

You'd probably have to move your PC to a room or some place with internet, then bring it back D:

Mar 7, 2013 at 5:18 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
I hate Steam and it's always online DRM.
But I love it at the same time.
Help