Ask Bombchu Link ANYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
There's something wrong with providing information?

Dec 24, 2013 at 3:18 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
MagicDoors said:
There's something wrong with providing information?
Yes doors, there is.

You did it to quickly answer the question instead of waiting from me to get online and try to provide info for this poor lost soul. the title is called ask Bombchu Link anything, we all know that you want an ask anything, but you must wait your turn, and I know that you want to bring goodness to every heart in the community and assist them, but it was MY time to help someone, and you swooped down and took it from me. it was my chance to shine, be know and have cats everywhere smile at me for telling sebrex about these wonderful cat points. But no, YOU had to steal all the fame, YOU had to steal all the glory, and now look at me, I'm left I'm the dust and feel horrible and my moral is in the pits. Now I will go on to be shamed forever. I cannot bear to look upon anyone's face anymore because I could not help one with the cat points....

tl;dr

No.

Dec 24, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Oh, jeez. I thought you were serious for a moment there... :pignon2:

Dec 24, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Well, fine. Do you have a Christmas tree up? Is it pretty? .u.

Dec 24, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Based Member
Bombchu Link said:
No, we don't celebrate Christmas.
I'm incredibly sorry to begin to open a can of worms that we just got contained, but I can't help but address the irony in that. Devout christians not celebrating Christmas.

Christmas is a holiday spawned by the arrival of our savior Jesus, one of the most important events written in the Bible, and you don't celebrate it? I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be antagonistic. You know I'm not one to attack your beliefs, because they (mostly) line up with my own, but I just find that one very ironic.

Dec 24, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
christmas is a holiday that has evolved over time, nowadays you can be non religious and still be apart of christmas spirit

like me

Dec 24, 2013 at 7:17 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
HaydenStudios said:
I'm incredibly sorry to begin to open a can of worms that we just got contained, but I can't help but address the irony in that. Devout christians not celebrating Christmas.

Christmas is a holiday spawned by the arrival of our savior Jesus, one of the most important events written in the Bible, and you don't celebrate it? I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be antagonistic. You know I'm not one to attack your beliefs, because they (mostly) line up with my own, but I just find that one very ironic.

This is going to be hard for you:

Jeremiah 10:3-4

For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

Truth and Tradition - Michael Rood

Dunc:

That would be wise, I wanna make this quick and clean like you do.

Dec 24, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Professional Whatever
hayden why

Dec 24, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Hyperbolic
I'm actually serious with these 5 questions. Some dark things I was pondering... maybe you can help?

1) What is existence?
2) What is non-existence (nothing)?
3) Can existence pass into non-existence?
4) Can non-existence pass into existence?
5) If existence can pass into non-existence but non-existence cannot pass into existence what is the salvation from total annihilation?

Dec 24, 2013 at 10:36 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
trickybilly said:
I'm actually serious with these 5 questions. Some dark things I was pondering... maybe you can help?

1) What is existence?
2) What is non-existence (nothing)?
3) Can existence pass into non-existence?
4) Can non-existence pass into existence?
5) If existence can pass into non-existence but non-existence cannot pass into existence what is the salvation from total annihilation?
1. Existence is just a term used to show something that can be seen, felt, or observed in any fashion of form.

2. Non-exitence is something that cannot be seen felt or observed in any fashion of form.

3. Not existence itself, but thing is existence, like when things die, they do not exist. but their parts do still exist as matter.
The first law of thermodynamics states that matter cannot be created or destroyed. Only mental states can be truly destroyed, or created.
This brings us more into souls, but that's a discussion all on it's own.

4. Sure, babies are born every day, they came into existence just 9 month earlier.

5) What is the salvation from total annihilation?
if your asking if ones soul can be preserved though death.

then yes and no.

I have been told that once a soul is created, it cannot be destroyed.
the closes thing to that is Hell

Hell is a horrid place where one is forever tortured for their misdeeds and there is no redemption. period.

The soul was never at risk from destruction, it's just not destroy-able.

but now your asking how to escape hell I'm assuming......

===This is a Christian perspective of the world,and hell===

To figure this how to escape hell, one must know who is sending you there, why and what for.

who is sending us there?

Almighty God himself.

God made the world and made commandments to keep the world running smoothly.

God expects all to keep his commandments because he is holy and pure, and anything less than that is considered sin.

we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God

we are all dammed to hell unless we can find a replacement.

that replacement is Jesus Christ.

he walked on the earth over 2000 years ago and kept all of God's commandments.

he was the perfect example and he died in place of us on the cross and saved us from our sins.

he was the ultimate sacrifice to save all.

he is our ticket out of hell and to heaven.

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Bombchu Link said:
Hell is a horrid place where one is forever tortured for their misdeeds and there is no redemption. period.
I'm really sorry but this is the most common misconception I see about Hell, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't call it a "Christian perspective". Feel free to call it your religion's perspective, as I don't know enough about it to say otherwise, but I can assure you that this definition you've given is wrong to Catholics, though many Catholics are unaware.

The Catholic definition of Hell is simply eternal separation from God. As God is the source of love, and happiness can come from love alone, Hell is a place without happiness simply by extension. The only "torture" that goes on in Hell is having to deal with eternal separation from happiness. However...

there is no redemption. period.
This is untrue. Humans are judged three times: Once after every sin they commit. Once at their death. Finally, once more at the apocalypse. God is always forgiving. If someone in Hell truly feels remorse for their actions, and asks God for forgiveness, I'm sure that at the final judgement they will be forgiven. Obviously, I can't speak in absolute certainty, as only God truly knows, but it does seem logical that someone as loving as God would be willing to forgive, as long as the person wants it.

Also, just a tiny nitpick:
made commandments to keep the world running smoothly
Actually, the commandments were made as instructions on how to be happy. God wants us to be happy, so he gave us a set of instructions on how to be. Simple as that. You're not wrong, of course, as if everyone followed the commandments, the world would run smoothly, you're just not completely right.

Dec 25, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Bombchu, if you don't celebrate Christmas...

At least celebrate Give Someone A Hug For No Reason day.

And make sure your parents know you love them. It's clear you hold their morals in high regard, after all.

Dec 25, 2013 at 3:35 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Polaris said:
Bombchu, if you don't celebrate Christmas...

At least celebrate Give Someone A Hug For No Reason day.
how about you then?

hey, you, stop laughing back there!

You're just so good at breaking up these hard feelings and know just what to say.

thank you

And make sure your parents know you love them. It's clear you hold their morals in high regard, after all.

And I will do that as well, they mean the world to me.

Dec 25, 2013 at 3:54 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I don't feel like reading that so I'll just ask: Is the reason you don't celebrate because of the pagan origins of Christmas? I had a friend with super crazy religious parents who didn't celebrate Christmas for that reason.

Dec 25, 2013 at 4:41 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Wild Desu said:
I don't feel like reading that so I'll just ask: Is the reason you don't celebrate because of the pagan origins of Christmas? I had a friend with super crazy religious parents who didn't celebrate Christmas for that reason.
Yes

Dec 26, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Been here way too long...
I've heard Jesus was born in March. Do you celebrate his birth then, and if so, how?

Status
Not open for further replies.