Ask Bombchu Link ANYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2013 at 1:56 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Noxid said:
what I would /really/ like is for you to think critically about why this is happening and why people are reacting the way they are to the things you are saying.
Consider things from /all/ points of view, not just the one you've been told is right.
Read the goddamn wikipedia or something and use the gift of the internet to expand your awareness and your horizons instead of watching sonic videos on youtube.

I don't want you to leave.
I want you to become a better person.

It's your choice whether to do that or to run away.

(I'm just gonna try and figure this out as I type)

Why is this happening?

Well first of all it's because I've decided to verbalize my personal opinions about life.

People have been criticizing me for blindly believing in the bible.

I honestly thought that God (making the entire universe) knows what is best for me.

I follow his plan for life, (the bible) and try to become a better person.

He says that He is not of the world, and that the world will not like you for following his plan.

but life, he says, will be better if you KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.

I just don't think being around cussing, and talk about gays and stuff is helping me keep his commandments....

Consider from all points of view.

I've been trying and trying, and trying to understand why Dunc is so different, because it hurts me that I have an enemy on the forums.

I know that I can't please everyone, but it's like every time I let my butt slip, I get slammed for it, apologize and then do it again.

Expand my horizons...

I think you have a very valid point here.

I use the computer to only look up sonic and stuff, but not any history or really learn anything about anything.

I feel like I'm wasting my time making Sue's Story because what is the point anymore.

what is the point?

I...Honestly think highly of you Taeler, and I really like you, but I just can't keep on doing this any longer....

I want to stay really badly, and I'm being perfectly honest, if I leave, I will lose Sue's Story and most of my friends I have made here.

But I just can't

I just can't

unless something changes around here to make more friendly, I have to leave.

Staying around this cussing doesn't help and It's only made my language worse, and also is bringing me back a haunting of my old habits.

I'm sorry....

I really am Taeler.

E: and bombchu, just stop you're not tearing up.

Captain Fabulous said:
Bombchu, it's not that we don't like that you're different from us. We're not upset that you think differently than us, disagree with us, and were brought up differently than us. We're reacting this way because your lifestyle enforces a lot of ideas that have been proven to not work out in reality, and we're sad that your parents have basically brainwashed you into thinking there is no other way. Not that your parents are bad people, because after all, they grew up the same way you did. But you're different, because you have access to many, many times more information than they did (or do now, since they're computer-illiterate). You can go on the internet and learn about so many different kinds of people, lifestyles, cultures, religions, and philosophies. It's greatly enlightening and objectively good for you as a person. Don't let anybody tell you that learning is bad, regardless of the subject matter. Well, ok, you're 16, so don't go learning about guro sites, but you know what I mean.

I'll phrase this as a question, since that's the point of the thread: can you tell me why we'd have such a forceful reaction to your beliefs? Can you see it from our point of view?
Sorry, didn't see your post.

Because I look so weird mixed in with you guys.

I'm trying, but you can't see it my way because you can't understand what It's like to be christian.

I would go to the ends of the earth to keep God's word if I have to.

I'm trying to see...

and I see that I'm a weirdo for being against gays and eating pork.

And I want everyone to know that.

Dec 9, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND
YOU'VE NEVER BEEN CHRISTIAN
YOU'RE NOT EVEN MY REAL JESUS

Dec 9, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Been here way too long...
I don't think you tried very hard, Bombchu.

Dec 9, 2013 at 2:07 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Captain Fabulous said:
I don't think you tried very hard, Bombchu.
Then can you tell me what your honest opinion on me is then?

I feel so lost right now, and not understanding.

Dec 9, 2013 at 3:32 AM
"Huzzah!"
Don't leave Bombchu Link. Sometimes I wanna leave here... but I don't.
I think your very nice. You try to be nice to others most of the time. Obviously, this is irrelevant.
If you leave, your making them right. It's sorta like bullies.
I am christian too... only I didn't mention it because all of the haters around here.
Now I will probably be hated. This is how the CSTF is. You can't change it.

Dec 9, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Professional Whatever
Knuckles we don't hate you for being christian, in fact the whole point of this is discussing different religious opinions basically

Dec 9, 2013 at 4:03 AM
"Huzzah!"
MagicDoors said:
Knuckles we don't hate you for being christian, in fact the whole point of this is discussing different religious opinions basically
Well that makes sense...
That being said, I understand Bombchu Link too... He doesn't want to talk about other religions and is not going to change his religion no what matter what others say. I am this way too. But that's why I never brought up religion on here in the first place.
Edit: He's probably going to leave now. I feel a little sorry for him and I will miss him somewhat But It's kinda his fault. Don't about discuss religion on here. Don't ask others questions about it either. Goodbye Bombchu Link.

Dec 9, 2013 at 4:05 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
The implications do seem to point to that though.

Bombchu, when you started this thread, were you aware that you may have been asked these questions regarding your views? Do you intend to change the minds of those reading this forum or simply want them to understand you more?

Dec 9, 2013 at 4:12 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
It's not his religion specifically, but the bigotry and closed-mindedness that comes with it
Dunc's as christian as they come but that doesn't make him a bad person, he's accepting and open-minded and all that good stuff

Dec 9, 2013 at 4:38 AM
Based Member
All right, let me offer a bit of input into this situation.

I'm sorry that your stay here hasn't been the most peaceful, Andrew. A lot of people here aren't really grounded in the same morals we are, and simply operate on a different wavelength. When you go out onto the internet, you're going to find all kinds of people with all kinds of beliefs. I've only met a few atheists physically, but I've met loads of them on the internet. Some of whom I'm pretty good friends with. And the reason I get on with them is because we only state our religions or lack thereof when it is relevant (which on the internet, is best kept somewhere between the range of never and rarely, unless it's on a dedicated site), and in so doing do not attempt to impose our beliefs on each other in any way.

I have a soft spot for you for a lot of reasons. One of them is that I see myself in you a lot when a situation has gotten heated up. Something about the way you type in these situations reminds me of the way I typed when I was in such situations in the newness of my membership. Possibly something inherent to the fact that we're both home schooled. Possibly due to our similar moral upbringing. Looking back at those times, sometimes I think I had the right idea with the defense that I was making, but the wrong execution, and the whole situation could have been avoided had I acted differently. There are some things I did as a new member that got me a lot of heat that I look back on today and still believe I was in the right and that the community was being blindly biased, but in other situations there was a significant amount of fault on my part. I've felt for a while that there was a near equal amount of fault on the community's part in some of the situations involving you that have been heated, although I'm afraid I must lean more on the community's side in light of recent events.

Nobody's disliking you for your beliefs, but the extent to which you talk about them has been the main source of irritation to some. It's best to just be silent about your morals and beliefs, because it's unreasonable to assume everyone's going to be like us, and that they'll easily change to be like us. You see people swearing? Don't say anything to them about it. Just continue the conversation as though nothing happened. You see people talking about gay marriage? If it isn't in your thread, either don't post, or if you know what you're doing, then if the thread topic is intended to be something else, then post something relevant to the OP as a subtle attempt to discontinue the off-topic situation. If it's your thread then you have the right to politely ask the undesirable discussion to be moved to the SPOT.

Jesus died for us so that we could go to heaven and have eternal life. This is a gift that he has given to us. He's given us the choice to either accept it or reject it. He doesn't try to force it down our throats. Remember that part of the Bible when that man goes up to Jesus and asks what he must do to lead a godly life or something like that? Then Jesus tells him what he must do, the man is turned off, and then sadly walks away? That was Jesus offering the opportunity for the man to follow him, but he also allowed him to reject it, which he did. I apologize for my inability to directly cite it, but I'm pretty sure there's a Bible verse that specifically states that we shouldn't try to impose our beliefs on others, even if we know their acceptance will benefit them.

Furthermore, when people start saying stuff about someone being gay or people having sex, try not to take it too personally. People here use hyperbole a lot. Remember when Dunc told you to go burn in hell? Did he really mean it? Of course not. He was just using the derogatory methods of speech that these people here operate with. Please excuse the french here. I'm not actually using it, I'm just giving an example. Does anyone here really mean it when hey say "Fuck you"? Of course not. Can you imagine if people here actually meant that every time they said that?

Unlike most people here, I like your moral standing, and I like that you're defending it. But one thing that you're missing is that it's good to be open-minded and respectful to others' opinions. Disagreeing with the other side of the argument, without at least having some level of understanding as to why they believe what they believe, is ignorant, biased, and close-minded.

Despite all these quirks you have that have stirred up a lot of chaos, I disagree with Taeler. I do not think you're a moron at all. I think you're a very smart person. Not a lot of people here can understand ASM. And not a lot of people have made a mod that's as well-received as Sue's Story. Furthermore, on a more agenda-driven note, I think that home schoolers like you and me are the kinds of people necessary in the future to fix the current problems facing our country.

Also, I would not recommend keeping your parents in tune to your internet activity. Seriously. I guess it's a matter of personal preference, and it's not like I do anything I don't think my parents would approve of, but just the way things are on the internet I would feel really weird telling my parents all about. Aside from a few projects of mine (My fourth ending mod, my fourth ending hoax, Plus Porter, etc.), they really don't know much about most of my activity here. I guess it's up to you though.

Personally, I don't want you to leave. But if you believe that continued exposure to this community is a bad influence on you, then perhaps you should do that. I'll miss you though.

Dec 9, 2013 at 4:53 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I was about to post my perspective on how I'm Morman and that it's great to have standards but not that great to show them off when it's not necessary to discussion and not everyone will tolerate hearing it... But I think Hayden summed it up pretty well while Ninja'ng me, so I'll withhold that long post.

You're not a moron. I hope that you can still enjoy the forums, but I understand if you feel the need to go elsewhere.

Dec 9, 2013 at 5:22 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
you guys are missing the point so hard and I have no idea how to communicate it to you

Dec 9, 2013 at 5:54 AM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Bombchu. I am not your enemy. However, if I were...

"But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you," Matthew 5:44
Bombchu, I'm trying to help you. I really am. Hayden made a great point, and I've the scripture back it. In Luke 9:5, Jesus said "If people do not welcome you, leave their town and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them." Now, obviously that's quite drastic, but it gets the point across. Jesus himself said not to bother with converting nonbelievers if they are so against it. After all, it's the holy spirit that truly converts someone. The most you can do is open a door for the Spirit. But if that door is closed, there's nothing you can do.

You asked why I'm different. The answer to that is, honestly, quite simple.
"'Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?'
Jesus replied: '"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: "Love your neighbor as yourself." All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.'"
Matthew 22:36-40

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."
John 13:34

Those rules are truly the only you must follow. They really are the condensed teachings of Jesus; all else is redundancy. Due to this, your belief that one must follow the entire bible to a T simply seems silly. You follow these simple rules, and you'll go to heaven. I know that, and it seems like it'd be beneficial to you (and perhaps your parents) to understand that.

Dec 9, 2013 at 7:11 AM
Bombchu Link said:
Why is this happening?

Well first of all it's because I've decided to verbalize my personal opinions about life.

People have been criticizing me for blindly believing in the bible.

I honestly thought that God (making the entire universe) knows what is best for me.
There are many, many interpretations of the Bible. If you want to unleash a heavy, wet shitstorm of theological discussion, you can talk to Dunc about some of them. He's not a douchenozzle, he just takes Jesus seriously. More importantly, he recognizes that his way of interpreting the Bible is not necessarily correct, it's just the one he likes. And it changes as he learns more and discusses religion with others, i.e. people with different beliefs. There is no correct way to interpret the Bible, and no way to know exactly what God's happy with. I suppose a devout Christian like yourself can feel confident that they know the path to Heaven, but I see billions people taking hundreds of paths, most of them convinced that it'll work out. How can just one of them be right? What makes them right?

I'm not saying you should give up because it's impossible to know whether what you're doing is right. Do what you think is right. But listen and truly consider what other people believe is right, and maybe your ideas will change. Your mind will grow, at the very least.

Bombchu Link said:
I follow his plan for life, (the bible) and try to become a better person.

He says that He is not of the world, and that the world will not like you for following his plan.
So God straight-up told you that peeps aren't gonna like Christians. You are still surprised that people don't like Christians. Why don't you try listening to God, heathen?

Joking aside, following a plan created by an otherworldly being that doesn't make sense to human reasoning MIGHT make you look bad. I hope this sheds some light on why your stance on marriage, kissing, homosexuality, cussing, and some other things was so poorly received.

Bombchu Link said:
but life, he says, will be better if you KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.

I just don't think being around cussing, and talk about gays and stuff is helping me keep his commandments....
Well, do you mean the ten big ones? Because those don't mention gays and stuff, unless you're coveting your neighbour's manservant. Number three is "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vain," and since the Lord's name is not Fuck, that doesn't cover swearing.

I know there are a lot of other words in the Bible about gays and stuff, but most Christians I know choose to love their neighbour rather than be an antisocial bigot. Just saying.

Bombchu Link said:
I've been trying and trying, and trying to understand why Dunc is so different, because it hurts me that I have an enemy on the forums.
Dunc is not your enemy so much as ideologically opposed to the way you follow the Bible. It dictates so much of your life that he can't oppose that without opposing you. I already explained how Dunc is a different Christian than you: he's accepting of different opinions, as long as they're well-considered.

Dunc's problem, which is the same as my and Noxid's problem, is that your opinions aren't well-considered. They're not really even your own. Your parents have driven their morals and their views into your head for your entire life. All of us questioned the things we were taught, accepted some of it, rejected other parts, and came up with our own ideas about the world. You have yet to do this, and it makes people buttfrustrated with your closed-mindedness and ignorance. Although ignorance is bliss, it's human nature to learn. Please don't resist it.

Fearing God and following the Bible as fervently as you do indicates that you're socially unfit and unprepared for reality. Maybe it'll get you into Heaven, but it'll sure ruin your time on Earth.

Bombchu Link said:
Because I look so weird mixed in with you guys.
No, it's not because you're weird. I mean, you are weird, and we can be a bit (very) circlejerky at times, but ultimately we're accepting people. The correct answer is that you're a zealot who brings up his unhealthy set of morals too often and it impedes social interaction. The best example of this is the swearing fiasco. Another correct answer is that you blindly, unquestioningly follow these morals that were forced upon you.

Bombchu Link said:
I'm trying, but you can't see it my way because you can't understand what It's like to be christian.
Did you forget that there are other Christians on this website? I think they understand what it's like to be Christian, and still think you're a zealot. And us atheists still understand what it's like to be Christian better than you understand what it's like to be atheist. That's one of the issues here. You not being able to see outside your own mindset.

Bombchu Link said:
and I see that I'm a weirdo for being against gays and eating pork.
I want you to do something for me. I honestly think it will help. You have to be serious about this, because it's the crux of why this thread turned into a shitstorm. Ask yourself, "Why am I against gays? Why am I against eating pork?" And if the answer is "Because God said so," "Because the Bible said so," or "Because <anyone> said so," you are not a man, you are a tape recorder. Find a better reason to live the way you do, or reconsider living that way.

"But Captain Fabulous, 'Because God said so' is the greatest reason of all." Shut up. He gave you free will for a reason.

And if you can come up with good reasons for all your beliefs, then I'll be content, no matter what they are, except for the one where you're not allowed to be gay. That one's a little outdated.

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:29 AM
"Huzzah!"
Bombchu Link said:
I guess that it's my turn to ask you a question.

Do I even belong here?

It's like I don't fit in anymore.

And now my parents want me to leave.

I think it's my time to leave.
Read this. He's probably not coming back. Usually when parents say that they want you to stop something, they make sure you do. Especially christian parents. I should know. So he probably won't even read all of what you guys are saying. I could be wrong though...
Honestly I don't really fit in here either but I'm not leaving anytime soon.(I'm not even refering to my religion.) I have bad social skills in real life. Sometimes I talk too much or sometimes I'm too shy to talk at all. And it shows here. There is alot of threads I thought about posting in, like the thread about having a swear filter. I didn't post in it. Because I was thinking it would turn into some kinda fight. Seeing as it already was, I decided to be smart and just go do something else. I also didn't want to look immature. Like saying "I'm going to quit if you don't do it".

Dec 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Professional Whatever
This is still a fantastic message to everyone to calm their shit about religion and look at other people's perspective, regardless if bombchu sees it or not

Dec 9, 2013 at 2:31 PM
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Mr.Bombchu Link, You're a really nice person. I/we don't want you to go away. Please stay here.

I have some more questions...

What's your favorite Cave Story character? Why is it so?
What's your favorite flower?
Would you rather prefer soap bubbles in your favorite color or in the natural rainbow tinge they have?

(P.S. My record is a bubble approx. 2.5 feet across!)

Dec 9, 2013 at 4:31 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
I wake up this mourning and see ten notifications.

Thank you hayden.

Thank you Enlightend One

Thank you Captain Fabulous.

Thank you Dunc.

Thank you Noxid.

I don''t want to leave.
You guys are rough around the edges, but you guys realy care about me. (if you didn't you wouldn't have even brought up the conversations)

In fact I don't want others controlling my life anymore.

So I therefore promise to shut my mouth about ANYTHING unless I know what I'm talking about, from my own research, not someone telling me what to do.

I will become a better person.

Randolf said:
Just to break it, at least a bit:
How do you eat soup?

With a spoon

IdioticBaka1824 said:
Mr.Bombchu Link, You're a really nice person. I/we don't want you to go away. Please stay here.
I have some more questions...
What's your favorite Cave Story character? Why is it so?
What's your favorite flower?
Would you rather prefer soap bubbles in your favorite color or in the natural rainbow tinge they have?
(P.S. My record is a bubble approx. 2.5 feet across!)
Probably Curly, she is so nice.

Flower? pansies or gladius

Their natural tinge, they look better in the entire rainbow then my own color.

Status
Not open for further replies.