Noxid's Monthly Game Challenge - Scores Galore(s)!

Apr 21, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Of all weapons, your least favorite is the laser rifle? Honestly, that's one of the best. My least favorite would have to be the dual pistol, since the shots are all so weak, and I hardly ever need to shoot in two different directions.

Apr 21, 2013 at 1:42 AM
/end
X-Calibar said:
T
BTW, has anyone unlocked ambush mode? I can't even make it to 20 crates... That is the most frustrating thing since 3hp Cave Story Hell, the random falling brick corridor...
Ambush Mode is cute, the monsters can randomly spawn anywhere on the map.

I am posting this for now in case I don't beat X-Calibar's score, but I will beat it!!!

p166166-0-b9ds44o.jpg

Apr 21, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I don't really like the Laser Rifle that much either...too slow, difficult to use, and there are plenty of other guns just as or more powerful.

Apr 21, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
HaydenStudios said:
Of all weapons, your least favorite is the laser rifle? Honestly, that's one of the best. My least favorite would have to be the dual pistol, since the shots are all so weak, and I hardly ever need to shoot in two different directions.
From the perspective of someone who only goes up to the Revolver, my weapon ranking would be: Revolver > Machine Gun > Dual Pistol > Bazooka > Shotgun. Dual Pistol might be my pick for the worst weapon to take out the big enemies, but there's no delay in between shots which makes it better than the Bazooka and Shotgun for me. Also, does anybody NOT think that the Revolver is the best weapon?

MetaSeraphim said:
Aw geez I need to try this on a better computer because now I need to beat both of you.

Apr 21, 2013 at 1:52 AM
/end
I personally love the Flamethrower, great for taking out the big ones, mobs of the small ones and the ghost ones.

Apr 21, 2013 at 2:45 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
MetaSeraphim said:
Ambush Mode is cute, the monsters can randomly spawn anywhere on the map.

I am posting this for now in case I don't beat X-Calibar's score, but I will beat it!!!
Close...! But not even you can stop me now!!!
Hohoho... *sweating raindrops

ps, glad to see you online! :3

On guns...
I actually like the laser. First, it's a LASER! Second, it's gotten me through a couple impossible situations when I was surrounded by hordes of enraged enemies on either side... Once you have the timing down, you can just jump right through large enemies, and then turn around to hit the other side if they are in a straight line.
Slowwww refire is killer though...

Also, the disc gun is a beast, until it comes back and you forgot about it.... D:

The WORST, in my opinion... is the double pistol. Maybe I'm getting lazy... if I had a rapid-fire key it would be a good choice. But, I usually avoid mass button mashing until my back is against the wall.... YOU SHALL NOT PASS! rtatptaptatp (and that's about where he runs me over)

And the best ... Flamethrower... Revolver ... ... ...
Flamethrower! Fire and forget saves the day. (well until you realize you can't jump because your feet are burning -_-)

Revolver is always great, but when I'm being swamped, trying to turn, back and forth nailing everything usually is a losing battle.

^These are my thoughts after playing the other... cuter... modes...

Apr 21, 2013 at 3:03 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
After Windows 8 decided that only Flamethrowers can crash the game... worst weapon? Pistol, not double, the one you start off with. Then, second to last, comes the Double Pistol... ashame. The Minigun is my favorite weapon, Revolver comes in second.

Apr 21, 2013 at 3:23 AM
/end
I was having a couple of good runs so I decided to push my luck annnnnnnd. . .

545!
p166172-0-ngqiopt.jpg

I died on purpose because my hand started to cramp. . . but I don't think I can go much higher than this.

On the note of weapons here are some stats.

Little Guys: 2 HP
Flying Guys: 2 HP
Big Guys: 10 HP

Machine Gun, Double Pistol, Normal Pistol, Shotgun and Minigun all do the same damage (1 HP) just in different ways.

So, with the Normal or Double Pistols it takes 10 shots to take down the big guys.

Normal Pistol: 1 shot at a time, 1 HP of damage, unlimited range and no reload.

You'll never use it again after opening your first crate.

Double Pistol: Fires on both sides of you, 1 HP of damage each, unlimited range, no reload.

It's okay, it can save your life, but it can really put a cramp in your hand.

Shotgun: Fires 5 bullets right in front of you, 1 HP of damage each, so 5 total if all bullets land. Very limited range, and has about a 1 to 3 second reload time. Also, has a slight AoE because each bullet counts as 1 so you can kill two little guys or two flying guys at the same time if they're close to each other.

I don't really like this one, it can be handy, but the reload kills it for me.

Machine Gun: Fires 1 bullet at a time but it's rapid fire, 1 HP of damage each. No reload and unlimited range.

Minigun: This is basically a Shotgun and Machine Gun in one. Each bullet does 1 HP of damage each, but it is rapid fire and spread shot, massive AoE. And to stop the recoil just hold down on the arrow key in which your firing. Firing to the left? Hold down on left arrow key.

This one is pretty nice overall, but not my favorite.

Bazooka: 1 shell, 5 HP of damage, about a 5-7 second reload and a decent AoE.

It's fun for one shot, but that's it.

Grenade Launcher: 1 shell, 10 HP of damage, about a 3-5 second reload and a decent AoE.

Handy for keeping mobs from getting down, but not good for getting crates.

Laser Rifle: Has two attacks, when it is charging which I will call the blade, and when it fires which I will call the beam. The blade does 5 HP of damage, but you can hardly notice because it deals it so fast, the beam does 10 HP of damage and can wipe out a line of monsters. Reload is about 3-4 seconds.

It's okay, but not even close to my favorite.

Katana: 1 blade, 5 HP of damage, about a 1 second delay which can be annoying, makes the big guys turn around, and it can slice whatever is right in front of you.

Fun to play around with, not good for collecting crates.

Mines: 1 mine, 10 HP of damage, mobs have to step on it for it to go off, you can set one about every 3-4 seconds.

Good for making sure the monsters don't drop in the fire, other than that not so good. But I like them.

Disc Gun: 1 disc, 5 HP of damage, will bounce off one wall and then stop when it gets to the other one, has about a 2 second delay, will slice everything in its path, even you.

I like it, I really like it, I also hate it, I really hate it. It has saved me as much as it has kill me.

Revolver: 1 bullet, 5 HP of damage, unlimited range, no reload.

Best weapon in terms of DPS, it's like having a Bazooka with no reload time. I like it.

Flamethrower: Deals 1 damage for every second the monster is inside the flames, no reload, range is a little over half the map.

Nice, I like it, I think its my favorite.

Apr 21, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Indie game enthusiast
You have a strong competitive spirit.
................... I will accept the challenge............. (or have a small breakdown...)

Apr 21, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
HaydenStudios said:
No, you. misunderstand me. It's a great weapon, I just suck at using it.

Apr 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Ugh fuck my life I hit the goddamn windows button and I was frozen in place.
Watch out Meta.

Apr 23, 2013 at 3:48 AM
/end
I look forward to you beating me so that I can beat you in turn.

Apr 24, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Hyperbolic
No comment.

p166177-0-12772393.jpg

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Indie game enthusiast
p166178-0-dumb.gif

Full playthrough :Here with Metroid Metal musicccc Jump to 16:44 for the 510 playthrough

horray
I got a shotgun.
I got lucky and 3 pointblank hits to a BIG enemy failed to kill him and I ran into him because THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.

blahb lah oh great I'm this guy

Apr 25, 2013 at 11:20 PM
/end
Here are two cute little challenges.

Score 10+ points without using weapons/killing monsters.

Get 100%.

Apr 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Holy oh my god yes I did it.
As of posting, I am still in this same game as indicated by me being paused. I just wanted to get this up here in case something happens and because I'm a nervous wreak at the moment because I was really surprised to get this high. Also, I disabled my Windows key. That is the only reason I was able to do this. I await your response, Meta. :)

EDIT:
You're not going to want to beat this score Meta.

Trust me you really don't want to. Just crown me winner already
Honestly if you can beat this score Meta, you deserve to win. I just now realize that I wasn't too far away from the High Score list on supercratebox.com, geez.

Apr 29, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Holy

Crap

Sweet mother of pasta, you, like, almost tripled an already huge score. Oh my goodness.

Apr 29, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Indie game enthusiast
How long did it take?!

Apr 29, 2013 at 12:35 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Downloading now...