Switch to IPBoard?

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Very high-priority fix:

The button on quotes letting you click to see the words in the original post no longer exist. In addition, quotes made prior to this upgrade use single quotes, whereas now it uses double quotes. So now older quotes have usernames appear with singles quotes on either side.

Dec 3, 2012 at 2:43 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Hmm, it seems to be running pretty slow in general. Maybe it's just my computer?

Dec 3, 2012 at 2:57 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
HaydenStudios said:
The button on quotes letting you click to see the words in the original post no longer exist.
It does exist. The button is on the far right-hand side instead of on the left.
HaydenStudios said:
In addition, quotes made prior to this upgrade use single quotes, whereas now it uses double quotes. So now older quotes have usernames appear with singles quotes on either side.
Rebuilding BBCodes should fix this. I'll take a look at it this arvo.
cultr1 said:
Hmm, it seems to be running pretty slow in general. Maybe it's just my computer?
What browser are you using?

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:03 AM
Professional Whatever
Okay woah

"The button on quotes letting you click to see the words in the original post no longer exist.It does exist. The button is on the far right-hand side instead of on the left.
In addition, quotes made prior to this upgrade use single quotes, whereas now it uses double quotes. So now older quotes have usernames appear with singles quotes on either side.Rebuilding BBCodes should fix this. I'll take a look at it this arvo.
Hmm, it seems to be running pretty slow in general. Maybe it's just my computer?What browser are you using?"

This is the email I just got. Note the lack of "---Quote---" where there's supposed to be.
Also I don't know how it looks in default forum style, but the new quotes look kind of jarring in the darker style (I forget the name of the style).

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Based Member
andwhyisit said:
It does exist. The button is on the far right-hand side instead of on the left.
Derp. Anyway, I see you put it back on the left side with everything else. Thanks!
andwhyisit said:
Rebuilding BBCodes should fix this. I'll take a look at it this arvo.
Looks like you've fixed it most of the way, but the single quotes still appear in my sig even though they didn't before this upgrade, even after I cleared my cache.

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 3, 2012 at 9:01 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
in regards to the second thing, that relates to the server that the forums are being hosted on. I'd assume that the host machine is using an OS with a case-sensitive filesystem. The same thing happens on my website.

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
The vast majority of web servers are linux or unix based. Linux and unix are case sensitive.

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
I was using Chrome, but it, just like the previous issue, resolved itself with time.

Perhaps more annoying is the lack of spoiler boxes? Using iOS Safari, and Chrome.

p143352-0-l6f87.jpg

Dec 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Seems like youtube and media tags are still broken, yet]http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/4482/]yet they work on some pages, but]http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/4482/]but not in others.

Test media tag :
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0DPdy98e4c[/media]]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0DPdy98e4c

Test youtube tag :

Using quick reply for this post.
Is it working for others? O_o?

Media tag successful, youtube... not. [double post test]

Now I will EDIT the post and hit save immediately... let's see if that breaks everything.
(by the way all the issues I pointed out yesterday still exist for me... tried deleting all temp files, etc, but no good)
BBcode mode on, seems to remedy the issue I had with being unable to see the amount of space between lines during editing.

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Based Member
In some topics, I can't view who's voted for what in polls. But in some other topics, I can see who's voted for what.

And when setting up my own poll, I don't see any option letting the thread starter choose whether to let other members see who has voted for which options. Yes, I know this has been happening ever since before the upgrade, but I guess now would be as good of a time to address this as any.

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
In some topics, I can't view who's voted for what in polls. But in some other topics, I can see who's voted for what.

And when setting up my own poll, I don't see any option letting the thread starter choose whether to let other members see who has voted for which options. Yes, I know this has been happening ever since before the upgrade, but I guess now would be as good of a time to address this as any.
p143355-0-pollforum.png

That's where you toggle whether votes are visible or not.

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
As far as I can tell the new way to embed a video is to just paste the full URL of the video Media tag works by just posting URL :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARegYCvlZko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARegYCvlZko

Youtube tags on the other hand are mostly broken, though they seem to work in random places... Youtube tag is working ;D

Also, topic summary is still reversed~showing the oldest post first during full edit mode.

Oh and it's a good idea to keep BBcode mode on if you are editing a post. Otherwise, it'll oddly format your post by hiding line breaks.

Lastly, after editing a post with an embedded video, it will look like the video breaks and just turns into a URL, but if you refresh the page, it's working fine.

EDIT: One issue with the nice new embeds, and the media tags in the past... the video runs slowly on an older PC [doesn't matter what quality is being used, it stutters, but the sound works fine]
(using IE8, on single core 2.8GHZ P4, XP; haven't tested on chrome, etc).
The older youtube tagged embed had no speed issues even in HD mode. Not sure if anyone else has this issue.

And now to test playlist youtube videos :

Seems like it's now impossible to embed a playlist.

EDITEDIT: Apparently there's an issue with brackets I believe? I typed this at the END of my post :

[I didn't know it was possible to do this with the youtube tags until recently though]

But, when I hit save, it deletes that line. Probably because it thinks it is a useless tag?
Ah.. I see, because the bracket had an I following it, it determined the entire line to be an italics tag.
So, you have to avoid stuff like :

[i rule] [u suck!] [s ssomething] [b cool]

test

Dec 6, 2012 at 5:08 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Try the youtube tag now.

The media BBCode settings are annoyingly reset after every upgrade and the default media bbcode settings have youtube as an alias, and the youtube tag obviously conflicts with that. The code tag resets as well, which doesn't really help matters much. I'll need to try and override the syntax highlighting via css instead of by editing the button.

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Based Member
I'm still experiencing the profile glitch SEBTi pointed out earlier wherein trying to link to a specific VM conversation just leads you to that person's recent updates.

For example: This link should lead you a VM conversation where Dunc corrects me on what language Noxid wrote his engine in, tells me to get my facts straight, and then I facepalm. But at the moment it just redirects me to my latest updates.

EDIT: Or, sometimes it links you to an error page, more true to SEBTi's post.

Dec 17, 2012 at 5:00 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Can I have a link to the page where the broken link appears?

Dec 17, 2012 at 5:55 AM
Based Member
andwhyisit said:
Can I have a link to the page where the broken link appears?
Didn't I just give you one?
HaydenStudios said:
This link should lead you a VM conversation where...
That link should ideally lead you to a conversation, but with this error occurring, that link in the quote should lead you to the error message I'm experiencing.

Dec 25, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I meant a link to the page you were at BEFORE you clicked that link.

Essentially Page A links to Page B, and Page B is showing that error. You gave me a link to Page B but I also want a link to Page A.

Dec 25, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Based Member
andwhyisit said:
I meant a link to the page you were at BEFORE you clicked that link.

Essentially Page A links to Page B, and Page B is showing that error. You gave me a link to Page B but I also want a link to Page A.
Well, that would be on page 42 of this thread:

http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/3739/

I'm very sorry Andy, I think we're having some sort of communication flaw, because I'm not sure why you would ask that, but if that's what you meant, then that would be page A. Clicking on that other link from before while on the page linked just above will link you to that error message. Although I get that same error message no matter where I link it from. Clicking on it while on my profile used to redirect me to just my profile and no specific conversation, but now for me clicking on it there gives me the error message as well.

Either you asked a silly question, or I'm still having trouble understanding what you're asking.

Dec 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Okay andwhy and hayden:
Andwhy is asking for the exact page you clicked on that link in the first place, which is likely your notifications thingy, something that obviously cannot be linked
Hayden is telling you that all particular comment threads are unable to be linked to on their own, instead it will either give you an error message or direct you to their profile, but not the conversation you're looking for