Quick question

Apr 1, 2016 at 5:03 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well in short i've come back to replay this great game after forgetting about it for a couple of years. I can't help noticing that i seem to be getting what looks like screen tearing on the bottom half of the screen though. I'm running the pc version of the game 1.0.0.6 english patched if it matters. OS is windows 7 professional 64 bit. Any thoughts?

EDIT
I forgot to mention my graphics card, which is an nvidia GeForce GT 620.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2016 at 5:21 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Well in short i've come back to replay this great game after forgetting about it for a couple of years. I can't help noticing that i seem to be getting what looks like screen tearing on the bottom half of the screen though. I'm running the pc version of the game 1.0.0.6 english patched if it matters. OS is windows 7 professional 64 bit. Any thoughts?

EDIT
I forgot to mention my graphics card, which is an nvidia GeForce GT 620.

What's the refresh rate of your screen/monitor.

Apr 1, 2016 at 6:09 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
hmmn nope that didn't seem to affect it. Does the game have some kind of built in motion blur effect? I haven't played it in 3 or more years, and that was on a different computer than this one.

Apr 1, 2016 at 7:04 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
hmmn must be screen tearing then. Its by far the worst in the first cave but is present in all areas so far(started over). I've tried running the game in several different compatibility modes but none seen to have any effect. Have not tried windowed mode as i prefer full screen. Using doconfig.exe to change it from "full screen" to Full 32-Bit reduces the effect but does not eliminate it.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2016 at 12:59 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
the game runs at 50fps so you may need to either change your refresh rate or play windowed because there is not a vsync option

e: unless you hack it to be closer to 60fps but I feel like that probably wouldn't solve your problem and also it would make the game run weird.

Apr 1, 2016 at 6:01 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hmmn the refresh rate seems to be locked in at 60 Hertz, its not giving me any other choice that I can find.