Cave Story+ Recomposed Mod.

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:31 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I recently made a mod to replace all of Cave Story+ "New" music with Drellis Skiad's "Cave Story: Recomposed" album, along with special music for Hell and the Final Battle. If you haven't listened to Drellis Skiad's soundtrack, go do it RIGHT NOW, and you can DL the album for free (Note, you do not have to download the album for the mod to work.)

How to make this mod work.

1: Download the attatched folder (Ogg.zip) and unzip the file to your desktop.
2: Take the newly unzipped Ogg folder and redirect it to Steam>Steamapps>Common>Cave Story+>Data>Base, windows will ask if you want to merge the folder and replace the files, say yes to it. Note, this will delete all the "New" Cave Story music that Nicalis installed with the game, so if you want to keep those files, copy and paste them into a different folder.
3: Launch your Cave Story+ and go to the Menu's options, and select music to "New". Note, the music is a little louder than the original, remastered, and new soundtracks, so adjust the music volume accordingly.
4: Enjoy your newly recomposed Cave Story!

Discalimer: I do not own any of the music in this mod, all credit and appreciation goes to their rightful owners.

DL Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ioz9eb9bpn46dzp

Here's samples from the music I used.

Drellis Skiad's Recomposition of Jenka and the Labirynth

Piano Track of "Running Hell" done by Resallin

Final Battle Pendulum Style Remix courtesy of Nutritious and OC:ReMix

Mar 5, 2013 at 1:10 AM
MagicDoors said:
Notice how the music is different. I had seen this thread before I posted, I had actually searched to see if anyone did this before.
Vendrocci's mod, albeit excellent, is orchestral. This is a recomposition done by a different artist entirely. Thanks for reading the entire post, makes me feel super magical!

Mar 5, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's still the same idea of replacing the CS+ music with fanbased copies. That's all.

Mar 5, 2013 at 2:10 AM
p165266-0-areyoukiddingmememeface.gif

If you don't like it, you only had to say so. No need to upbraid my first mod that I had no help with. Have you even tried it? If I had critiqued your mods without trying them, you'd call me a big time dumb*ss, probably.
/appreciation.

Mar 5, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Professional Whatever
I'm not saying I don't like it. If I cared enough to play every mod that pops up, I would play it. All I'm saying is
You know what
Just keep doing whatever. If someone gives you flak for copying their idea it's not my problem.

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Okay Hookdraw while it is true that the one sold linked is different, this one is the same album, Drellis Skiad's Cave Story Recomposed.
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/3789/

To be fair Running Hell and Final Battle are different in yours, and also Scorching Back and Charge aren't in this one, aslo Jenka 2 is Jenka 1. Regardless you have still managed to completely rip this off without knowing. And uh if you critiqued one of his mods without playing it it would be you being a dumbass, whereas this is him pointing out that you've done something done before, which is a legitimate thing to do without "playing" your "mod".

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:15 AM
MagicDoors said:
I'm not saying I don't like it. If I cared enough to play every mod that pops up, I would play it. All I'm saying is
You know what
Just keep doing whatever. If someone gives you flak for copying their idea it's not my problem.
I wasn't copying their idea. I haven't been on the forums in forever to know exactly what was going on (Can you imagine??). I had actually been working on my stuff on and off for about a week to get the hang of files and chopping up music, because you know, if you read my post, it is my first mod.
My goodness, you people.

Dunc2403 said:
Okay Hookdraw while it is true that the one sold linked is different, this one is the same album, Drellis Skiad's Cave Story Recomposed.
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/3789/

To be fair Running Hell and Final Battle are different in yours, and also Scorching Back and Charge aren't in this one, aslo Jenka 2 is Jenka 1. Regardless you have still managed to completely rip this off without knowing. And uh if you critiqued one of his mods without playing it it would be you being a dumbass, whereas this is him pointing out that you've done something done before, which is a legitimate thing to do without "playing" your "mod".
Ok, I'll give you that. I totally didn't see that when I did my search at all.

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:17 AM
Uh, I'm sorry? Did you see my post?
Bros, do you even read??

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:19 AM
Professional Whatever
HookDraw McGraw said:
I wasn't copying their idea. I haven't been on the forums in forever to know exactly what was going on (Can you imagine??). I had actually been working on my stuff on and off for about a week to get the hang of files and chopping up music, because you know, if you read my post, it is my first mod.
My goodness, you people.
Good jesus we're not telling you to cease and desist or hostages will be shot we're just telling you to watch out because there's a similar idea
HookDraw McGraw said:
Uh, I'm sorry? Did you see my post?
Bros, do you even read??
He posted that before he saw your edit

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:19 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
You know very well that you posted your response to him before you put your response to me in. I posted my response to your lack of response to me after you had posted your response to me but before I got the popup saying you had responded to me.

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:21 AM
Like I said before, I saw and took note. What more do you want from me?

Dunc2403 said:
You know very well that you posted your response to him before you put your response to me in. I posted my response to your lack of response to me after you had posted your response to me but before I got the popup saying you had responded to me.
X) Haha, OK, Dunc, you win. Made my day.

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:23 AM
I just thought your post was humorous, is all.

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:24 AM
Professional Whatever
No he's talking about the pre-edit

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:32 AM
MagicDoors said:
You know what
This was you implying that I had stolen an idea. Those posts were me defending my case. As Dunc had pointed out, someone HAD done this in the past, but apparently I had overlooked it in my search. I had no idea someone had done it before, alright? I fully understand and take note (magicdoors), that this has been done before and similar things are being done. No need to go riding my back for something irrelevant when I'm looking for modding critique. Now that all that bull is out of the way, if anyone wants to actually try it and critique me on my audio placement and editing, that would be just peachy.

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:45 AM
Professional Whatever
Very well, I'll stop posting here then. I do hope we can continue to critique each others' mods in the future, as actual feedback is, as you said, just peachy.

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Oh, dear, could you be any more wry?

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:15 PM
essentially spirited away for an indefinite time.
"..."
my god... I'm going to go play your mod, at some point. really, I couldn't care less if somebody already tried to do this :\