Mimiga Animation

Should the story be divided into 2 parts? Episode one ending with a cliffhanger...

• Yes

• No

• Don't Care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aug 21, 2015 at 3:18 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Title should say it all. My friend animates. I write when I get bored. Concept art is being developed. We've contacted Joe Skinner about using his instrumental, and he's contemplating giving us permission to use his piece. I was wondering if anyone out there had a good remix to the theme we could use as a short intro. Credit would be given, as well as a spot on our team. And yes, if this thing gets rolling as much as we hope it would we'll need more musicians. I've been trying to keep the post count down, and not appear so spammy. I put this post in the Satellite Lounge so it won't be in the way. We're working on art to use in a promo to post to youtube. I'll post the link in this thread when it comes out. It's not going to be anything too fancy though. Probably some concept art, and offerings for team slots. Anyhow, I'll see you later. I'm off to finishing scripting.

and i'm not going to lie. i'm scared to death how people are going to reply to this post

Aug 21, 2015 at 3:21 AM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
It would help if we had an example of your friends animation.

Aug 21, 2015 at 3:34 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Aug 21, 2015 at 3:40 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Aug 21, 2015 at 3:49 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Camero said:
#Fixer90 2.
this isn't a mod, he seems to have an actual plan. however this does not belong in satellite lounge, this belongs in the music section of the Cave story section

Aug 21, 2015 at 4:55 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Why don't you just try to get permission to use one of the hundreds that already exist?

Aug 21, 2015 at 6:20 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
If you really need something, I have this somewhere between my random Cave Story files that I don't use.
It's in .ORG format though, so you have to convert it if you want to use something else. But you can find how to do that by searching the forums.
Don't expect too much, but the idea might help. At least I hope so.

QuoteHax said:
Nobody's going to make your flash for you.
The thread is a request for music, not animation.

Aug 21, 2015 at 12:45 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
i'm planning on using this thread for all the animation news so I don't have to create a new one. The last time I made a thread I got yelled at so I'm doing it here so it has less a chance counting against me. Since this isn't going to be completely related to music I put it here. If I would of placed it in the music section someone would have said "this says animation not music" and then boom same result, I get scolded for posting. I posted in here so it would be out of the way.
QuoteHax said:
Nobody's going to make your flash for you.
If you read what I've posted. I have a friend, whom I am working with, to complete this animation. I am not asking people to help animate off this website. I am giving people a chance to create a theme remix that we might use. I'm quite capable of remixing music on my own, but I thought this project should be for the fan base and not just for me, thus I gave the chance for people to participate. Thanks for telling me people aren't going to do it for me. I realize this, which is why the script for EP 1 is already finished and being edited.

Aug 21, 2015 at 7:31 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Just so you guys know this is literally him providing an opportunity, not him demanding something of us. The guy's perfectly capable of making his own remix, and he knows it.

Aug 21, 2015 at 8:11 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I still don't see why you wouldn't just use one of the hundreds of main theme remixes that already exist, rather than going to the effort of making yet another one.

Aug 21, 2015 at 9:11 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
So the song could be a completely new remix. If you have remixes you would like to submit then send them this way!

duncathan said:
Just so you guys know this is literally him providing an opportunity, not him demanding something of us. The guy's perfectly capable of making his own remix, and he knows it.
Thank you Duncathan. That's exactly what it is. An opportunity. Just like there will be opportunities in other areas later on for different people with other talents. Anyways feel free to send any theme ideas this way. Heck if you want to create a brand new song I'll put those ones into consideration too!

Aug 21, 2015 at 9:16 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Aeternum said:
So the song could be a completely new remix.
Well yes, that's what it would be. But the question is why do you want a new remix? What makes having a new one so much better than using a pre-existing one?

Aug 21, 2015 at 9:24 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
"So the song could be a completely new remix."

I literally just explained why. So its unique. If you want to debate about this pm me. Please I'm trying to keep this thread as constructive as possible. The reason for a new remix is so its unique. So the musician has a chance to be credited.

Aug 21, 2015 at 10:40 PM
Professional Whatever
From what I can tell he's trying to get the active community involved, which is a pretty good reason if you ask me.

Aug 21, 2015 at 11:13 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Aeternum said:
I literally just explained why. So its unique. If you want to debate about this pm me. Please I'm trying to keep this thread as constructive as possible. The reason for a new remix is so its unique. So the musician has a chance to be credited.
But why do you want it to be unique? Are you not able to elaborate on that? What's preventing you from crediting the artist of an already existing remix, do you just not credit people if the thing they made for you isn't "new" enough??
Doors said:
From what I can tell he's trying to get the active community involved, which is a pretty good reason if you ask me.
I think that might be what he wants, but he has yet to actually say this himself.

Aug 22, 2015 at 12:12 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Alright. I'm saying this for the last time. If you want to bash my thread around pm me rather than spam my thread with how you think I should do things. I'm taking this from a previous post

"Thank you Duncathan. That's exactly what it is. An opportunity. Just like there will be opportunities in other areas later on for different people with other talents. Anyways feel free to send any theme ideas this way. Heck if you want to create a brand new song I'll put those ones into consideration too!"

What part of opportunity do you not get? Or the fact that i continue to say that other opportunities will arise in other areas of production. This is the last time I politely ask you not to criticize my post. This thread is for those who are interested in the project, not an opportunity for people to argue over something stupid. Now please if you don't want to help, leave the thread. If you do, then stay and post something constructive. Thank you.

Aug 22, 2015 at 1:57 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Aeternum said:
i'm planning on using this thread for all the animation news so I don't have to create a new one. The last time I made a thread I got yelled at so I'm doing it here so it has less a chance counting against me. Since this isn't going to be completely related to music I put it here. If I would of placed it in the music section someone would have said "this says animation not music" and then boom same result, I get scolded for posting. I posted in here so it would be out of the way. If you read what I've posted. I have a friend, whom I am working with, to complete this animation. I am not asking people to help animate off this website. I am giving people a chance to create a theme remix that we might use. I'm quite capable of remixing music on my own, but I thought this project should be for the fan base and not just for me, thus I gave the chance for people to participate. Thanks for telling me people aren't going to do it for me. I realize this, which is why the script for EP 1 is already finished and being edited.
You are doing absolutely nothing wrong, some people are just incapable of reading and comprehending text. *cough cough*

It was extremely... ah, what's the word... polite (?) of you to put this somewhere where you thought it wouldn't take up space. In the future, however, I urge you to use your own discretion in regards to what forum to post a thread in, and forget what other people will think about it. Worst case scenario, your thread gets moved.

duncathan said:
Thank you dunc, but to be honest, at this point the community needs a slap in the face, not a polite rebuttal.

Also, GIR, stop badgering the dude. Do people need a reason for being original or unique? No, I didn't think so.

Now, is this remix you want an ORG or good ol' fashioned MP3?

Please don't ask for a MIDI. Just don't.

Aug 22, 2015 at 1:59 AM
Professional Whatever
its ok bro i got this