• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

New profile posts

Hey, may I have my username changed to Rosa? I may or may not be getting a bit too into the protag from Pokemon B2W2.
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
Done. You know the drill.
I'm getting this weird thing with Pxtone where after a certain point during playback there's this noise that sounds like crackling or someone squeezing something through a rubber tube. Any idea what's causing it?
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
Not sure, but if on Windows, could go to your audio device properties and try adjusting the format to a smaller number like 44kHz or 48kHz if it's 96kHz or above. And if it's 24 bit+ down to 16 bit. For testing purposes. Maybe disable audio enhancements as well while you're at it? But set it back after confirming it doesn't help.
SuperJaws100
SuperJaws100
That did not work but thanks for the suggestion!
I played Dreams Of Reality 2 out of curiosity and It was just cringy...
I kept getting jump scared by sonic.exe and all this time I thought there was more to the mod.
Rosa
Rosa
There is, but there's no easy way to do it, which is why nobody knows who Musuko is
Something happened to me last Thursday when I was driving home, I had a couple of miles to go - I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky, to the east. It was moving very irregularly. Suddenly there was intense light all around me, and when I came to, I was home. What do you think happened to me?
zxin
zxin
Too much LSD again.
Quick question: how many skip flags can be safely used?
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
I wrote this down once:
"0001 - 0063 for skip flags that will be SAVED on soft reset
8064 - 9999 for skip flags that WON'T be SAVED on soft reset
0064 - 7999 for normal flags that will be SAVED on hard reset
8000 - 8063 for normal flags that WON'T be SAVED on hard reset"
Also:
"There are 1000 flags, meaning the safe range is between 0000 and 8000. Beyond that you're bumping into other reserved RAM."
zxin
zxin
Well, there are only 64 bits allocated to skipflags by the game, so you can use 0000-0063 without going OOB. If you use skipflags higher than that you will run into the regular flags' memory, and your skipflags will be saved by the game (which you probably don't want).
Kim Tyranto
Kim Tyranto
Thanks! This'll help a lot! :)
Well, back to lurking for now... and trying to beat Ironhead with four of "entity 366" on its map. That thing's worse than a nightmare...
If you feel bad, scream into a pillow!
Mister.Hex
Mister.Hex
I prefer punching. Of course, gotta watch out to not hurt yourself like a moron.
zxin
zxin
Hey, there are a lot of us pillows who've been through a lot of shit and we don't need you philistines giving people bad ideas.
got bored and was clickin' through sites recently and found nicalis' online store. i remember a while ago there was discussion of some exclusive cave story usb drives? not sure if this was already well known, but you can buy 'em for twenty dollars now. https://store.nicalis.com/products/cavestory-quote-usb
Kim! It's been such a long time since I've seen you around on either Vresun, LSF or here. Happy to see you're doing well still! :D
Kim Tyranto
Kim Tyranto
Thanks, and not that I know of, unfortunately... I guess I still had a lot of things to sort through, come to terms with, etc. - I'll try finding out once Ellen's 100% okay.
AFTRHR
AFTRHR
Good luck then! Wish you all the best.
Kim Tyranto
Kim Tyranto
Thank you~
Have you ever thought about trying to translate Cave Story yourself? Pretty fun.
Extra Life
Extra Life
If someone actually knew japanese then we could get a really accurate translation.
zxin
zxin
Like the AGTP? Heheh.
Still alive; a lot's happened, but I've got no 'net access from a computer, and have to borrow my girlfriend's phone. (I've also moved elsewhere, in 2018.)
Mint
Mint
Oh woao it's great to hear from you again! has it really been so long? A lot has changed since then.
I hope life has been going for the better ever since last we heard from you.
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
"Oh, I got my memory back in 2017~." Oh wow, just saw that! I'm very happy for you. I was worried about what happened to you.
...Ah, hearing those names again, I really need to replay LS sometime. It is an impressive creation. It's like you created the foundations of your own Momodora-verse. In another world I could imagine seeing a line of your games released on Steam x) Lots of sequels to purchase...
Kim Tyranto
Kim Tyranto
Yeah... a lot's changed! And... LS is quite a huge project. It seems to have grown *exponentially* between '17 and '18 alone.
I did plan a LOT of sequels, prequels and whatnot before '17 though.
rats rats we are the rats celebrating yet another birthday bash
Draco
Draco
XEMOUS it's your birthday today
Cake and ice cream is on it's way and
XEMOUS you've been a good grill this year
open up your gifts while we go cheer
well i forgot cave story exists for 4 months but hi again
cavestoryLOL
cavestoryLOL
oh yeah also when i went to work on rocky fable the game crashed with no error log what the heck
Extra Life
Extra Life
henlo
joexyz
joexyz
what are you talking about? cave story is just a figment of your imagination...