New profile posts

how did you add 3d animation in your mods
dan_crim
dan_crim
i found this link
then clicked on the profile who post it
Serri
Serri
Ah, the thread was made by him, but if you go on the download, you can literally see the creators' names next to the mod names. At least try to read for more than 2 seconds.
Udl2I33.png
dan_crim
dan_crim
have anyone seen zxin after 2020
what's up everybody the cave story autism comet is back at me. thankfully this time approximately 7-8 years have passed and my brain is no longer some kind of a sludge, if you have interacted with my past self for any extended period of time you may be entitled to financial compensation
juneibyou
juneibyou
i've probably jumped in over like three different usernames but if anyone remembers "tainy" then here i am
Serri
Serri
Ohhhhh now I remember. Can't help but think of the one time Aar mentioned you in his videos about the video format. How have you been since then?
juneibyou
juneibyou
i've been alr, gotten better at art and been hanging around some cool ppl and projects. also for all the time i've been screwing around with it i only actually beat cave story for the first time a week or two ago LOL
god I haven't been here forever, just wanted to get back into playing mods. I can't belive what has changed in 4 years lmao
Banana Man 4577
Banana Man 4577
What has changed? Beyond the members that is
Serri
Serri
Nothing's changed, really.
I registered for the forum just to ask this question: For some reason, plus porter is refusing to work. By that, I mean it's permanently at an incredibly low resolution along with the small issue that the tabs that are supposed to be there (apply port and cancel) aren't there. They just don't exist for some reason. I've looked on the page for plus porter and it shows options unlike what I'm getting, which is a lack of them. I'd send examples, but I don't exactly know how to work the site so I'm stuck with just trying to explain it. It's like the bottom part is completely cut off in every tab, including auto porter and the about tab. If you can get back to me on this, I would appreciate it because I was really looking forward to playing the fourth ending mod.
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Glad to see that Plus Porter is still getting new people to try it out all these years later! Go ahead and make a post in the thread, it should be easier to attach images there, and it will give more exposure so others who might be having a similar problem will be more likely to see it. Also describe in your post what operating system you're using.
Because I can.
That was my first status update, approximately 8 years ago. I miss forum culture. Something brought me back to it today and I don’t know what. I don’t think I will stay here for long, but I am glad to have been part of it. If you're active here, please continue to be. As the internet becomes more and more fractured, private, and niche, it's important to not only reminisce about but also maintain the open dialogue and candid connections that this medium encouraged.
Say things.
Because you can.
Jade
Jade
Nicalis has activated the chip they implanted into every cave story player
Serri
Serri
Nicalis does what Nintencalis
Soooo I was freaking out and getting upset over nothing.... it was one bmp that was broken for some reason!
Mint
Mint
Yeah I've had that before when I was saving bmps in 32-bit.
Still Trying To Figure Out How To Mod Cave Story+
Serri
Serri
Step one: You don't.
Step two: You don't.
SpermSpur
SpermSpur
SpermSpur
i just found out that boosters lab can make cave story plus mods
.... So either I sacrifice creativity by using the freeware engine (stupid 24 bit colors), or I sacrifice being able to use bl's assembly hacks by switching to another engine
Jade
Jade
Use a sprite editing software like Aseprite or Libresprite to export bmps properly
knuckles5577
knuckles5577
I was using paint.net... I saved them as 24-bit. I'm assuming I made my sprites with too many colors... Unless paint.net just isn't good enough*
Mint
Mint
Paint.net is totally fine, I've been using it for almost 10 years and it hasn't stopped me.
i've decided that I am going to redo my old ideas. At least some of them... SO yes, I'm gonna get back into cs modding. even though I still don't know any assembly...
EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
You don't need assembly to make a good mod.
knuckles5577
knuckles5577
I suppose that is true but I do need custom things in my mod... some of which cannot simply be done with any of the current tools available. therefore, i will need assembly hacks at some point.
for example, my mod is going to at least have two new weapons. i might also need a few new bosses. i'm also gonna need a custom ai companion similar to curly, but a bit different and more complex.
Sonulianic
Sonulianic
Nice. I haven't mod Cave Story before. Not once in my life.
i kinda wanna take another crack at cave story modding since i'm older now... but i wanna continue my old concepts... some of it still in my head... but i have none of the stuff from my old mods...
Does anyone know where I can find a download of the sample music bundled with piyopiyo player/editor without the garbled filenames?
I'm probably gonna have to make a new discord account because my current discord account uses the email for my old school, which I no longer go to.
Brayconn
Brayconn
There should be an option in account settings to change your email
Sonulianic
Sonulianic
I see, I've also used a discord alts too.