New profile posts

Congratulations to Tpcool for being registered on this site for ten years now! I meant to send something the day it happened, but the day after will have to do.
Jade
Jade
My ten year's coming up next year...
Wow what the fuck are we all old?????
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Congrats on 10 years. I remember when 2011 members were viewed as young whippersnappers. It's crazy to think that there are now so few active members on these forums who've been around longer than I have, and half of them are 2011 members.
Tpcool
Tpcool
Thanks for the shoutout, Pummel! The 10 year anniversary feels extra special now. :oops: Same Hayden. I remember first joining and immediately knowing I wanted to stay on for a long time so I could be one of the cool veterans after doing a ton of lurking haha.
At this point Cave Story’s not very present on my mind anymore, but a lot of the folks here come to mind every now and then. I do wish I’d interacted more, as now I’m quite distant from the whole thing.
Nonetheless I hope you’re all doing splendid (or at least moderately splendid)
Tpcool
Tpcool
Great to hear from you again Vinyl. I still have enough memories of you to remember your old username and skills, so at the very least I feel like you made an impact. Love you guys! :D
VinylCheese
VinylCheese
Yeah! I mean since then I’ve mostly moved on to chiptune which has been great (wish I could say I was still writing originals but, alas). Glad I’m somewhat memorable :mahin:
There was a discord server for y’all, right? Still goin along in there?
Pummelator
Pummelator
Yup. The discord server is still around. Activity has also been slower there, but there are at least a few people active. If you're interested, here's the link to join it: https://discord.gg/0l4989hIisKn4fJ6
So ok guys, the other day I tried to make a profile post comment, and I had some really cool stuff to say about what Mint was talking about, but APPARENTLY there's a 420 character limit on profile posts for replies, and I was SUPER pissed. I had to re-word my comment to make what I was going to say look like a lot of unrelated stuff and like I was a drunk rambling about random crap. ANNOYING af. I can't believe that I have to use shorter sentences and not be able to drop super long replies to posts that have meaningful content. I thought that this place encouraged discussion smh.
Don't forget, My signature modding move is adding Booster 2.0 and other useful items in pots, Mostly the one next to Mahin, But to be sure, Check all the pots.
Serri
Serri
My signature modding move is using Booster's Lab to open up Cave Story.
Jade
Jade
My signature modding move is doing something more efficient than modding a dead video game.
yo noxid, i can't use boosters lab, its being dumb
Serri
Serri
Don't use v511. You can use v500, it's downloadable from the last post in the Booster's Lab thread.

Also Noxid dead
How do people feel about (mostly) vanilla mods nowadays
Serri
Serri
Wow that's, actually really spot on there, BLink. It would be nice to see good vanilla mods again though, best to start by doing it oneself ;)
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
I think with how mods with hacks, hack tools, and new engines become more and more impressive, it allows people to try new things and create more unique experiences. We've seen CSBDs and the like, sequel mods, and others doing more unique ideas in Cave Editor and Booster's Lab' but with these new tools modders can share mods and even new hacks and demos.
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
The time to be a modder has been easier than ever, especially if you want to make something new and unique that stands out.

I don't think vanilla modding is on it's way out or anything, I see it as simply evolving; it's cool to see what people can do with the basics, but I personally find it vastly more interested to see what we haven't been shown before! Especially with mod accessible hacks and tools.
uh oh here comes another chinese earthquake ebrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbr