Zelda3C Discussion

Oct 7, 2009 at 4:45 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
Due to the limited amount of posts on this forum, I think it would be appropriate to just have one thread for all general discussion. If it becomes a problem we can always start a new thread.

Anyway, on the topic of GM's recent Diary update:

I'm amazed to finally see the dam built, in game! I know how long it took, and I know how much effort went into it, and I think that it'll really pay off. Also, I completely agree with Erock's comment that we should have the roaring-water sound effect from the Zora's domain.

All in all, it's a fantastic accomplishment!

And of course, I feel the need to comment on the "argument" GM had with his brother:

One of the things that frustrated me about this project from the beginning was the sporadic updates and lack of communication with those following the project. Once I got into regular contact with GM, I understood why. GM, you have your priorities straight, especially concerning family-time/real-life vs. this project.

This is a hobby, same as for me, and when real-life takes over you notice that I pretty much vanish from this site and otherwise, much like you do. You don't let it monopolize your time, but it sounds like when you get some free time *of your own* you try to spend it doing what *you* want to do, working on this game you've dreamed of finishing for years. Sounds completely fair for a person with a family and a full-time job to get to do what they want to, alone, for a little while.

But again, I understand how younger brothers can be, and I can say first-hand not to let what they say ring in your ears too long. He was probably just taking his frustration out on you.

So GM, just wanted to let you know that one of the things that's impressed me about you actually is your willingness to put the project on the backburner when more important issues or family matters arise. Yes, it slows things down, but that's okay. I've accepted the fact that the game may not be released for years... but that just means it'll get better, as it gives us more time to work on other advancements (such as MON's Black Magic, new sprites, etc.) that'll allow amazing freedom in the project.

We are not professional game designers, we're not tied to any time-table, and we're not doing this for money. Yeah, it'd be nice to get paid to do this, but honestly I don't care that much. Not everything is about profit, but.. haha, maybe we should design some Zelda-style game after this one that we could actually sell for money since we'll have some notoriety for this hack. :p

Anyway, I guess I need to tell what I've been up to this whole time.

I've recently graduated college, gotten married, moved into a new trailer, and gotten a job as a math teacher. Yeah, pretty busy especially with grading papers at home and the fact I'm doing my internship this year (loads of paperwork, being observed while teaching, junk like that). On top of that my stress level has flared up, so I'm spending a lot of my time just chilling and trying not to feel anxious.

The good news is, once I've gotten into the swing of things and am not using most of my free time as R&R, I'll have a lot of extra free time to hack. Weekends, fall break, thanksgiving break, Christmas break, spring break, and summer vacation. Plenty of time to get something done.

Anyway, I'm hoping everyone the best. Adios!

Oct 8, 2009 at 9:54 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
hi Reshaper256!

congrats to your marriage, your graduation and your new job! *impressed*

i can give you a promise, i´ll keep an eye on this project, no matter how long it will take...

best wishes
tesslaar

Oct 15, 2009 at 3:00 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
I socond that Reshaper!

Good luck, gongratz and keep up the good work GM!

Oct 16, 2009 at 7:07 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
I just wanted to say that you guys are amazing. I played Outlands (well, the first quest, the second one was too hard for me and I gave up but I'll make another run at it eventually when I'm feeling up to that much bitter-yet-fun-taste-of-defeat) and it was amazing, and I'm SO looking forward to Quest for Calatia. I've been waiting for years and I'll keep waiting as long as it takes. Congrats on managing to find time for your personal life (such as your brother, who should be more understanding) while still continuing on this awesome project. Keep up the great work, and I'll keep telling my friends that they should play Outlands.

Dec 29, 2009 at 4:38 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Is there anybody that would like to give a brief little synopsis of the project? I've peeked in from time to time, and it looks like a pretty epic-scale LttP hack, but I don't know anything specific. What I have seen is enough to pique my interest though.

Jan 1, 2010 at 9:02 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
go to questforcalatia.net and read the main page. that should be all the basic info you need, or were you looking for a timeline or something for everything weve done in the game? if so read the diary entries

Jan 15, 2010 at 1:29 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
It has been awhile for sure. I do wish a Happy Belated New Year! Thanks thus far for all the work you have done. For me this is a beautiful task you are doing and I cannot wait to enjoy New Zelda memories.:D