Zelda III Remake: Parallel Worlds

Jun 9, 2007 at 11:03 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
I just found this as of last night by random chance:
Zelda Parallel Worlds
So far it's a pretty amazing rehash of Zelda III, similar to what they did with Super Metroid Redesign. Apparently it was released sometime during December of 2006. I guess I missed it and I'm a little late with this, but better late than never for those looking to enjoy a new Zelda III adventure. : )

The overworld is completely different, new sprites were used, new dungeons and dungeon designs and interesting new architecture types. There are some issues here and there and the dialogue could use some improvement in places, but it is a very much a solid brand new Zelda III in many respects. Afterall, the current batch is only beta 1.0. They spent something like four years on developing it and it shows.

-SkyeWelse

Oct 31, 2007 at 1:21 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
SkyeWelse said:
I just found this as of last night by random chance:
Zelda Parallel Worlds
So far it's a pretty amazing rehash of Zelda III, similar to what they did with Super Metroid Redesign. Apparently it was released sometime during December of 2006. I guess I missed it and I'm a little late with this, but better late than never for those looking to enjoy a new Zelda III adventure. : )

The overworld is completely different, new sprites were used, new dungeons and dungeon designs and interesting new architecture types. There are some issues here and there and the dialogue could use some improvement in places, but it is a very much a solid brand new Zelda III in many respects. Afterall, the current batch is only beta 1.0. They spent something like four years on developing it and it shows.

-SkyeWelse
I will play these when I get home.

Do you know of any other hacking jobs like this? I know of the Breath of Fire II remake that d4s is making.

Nov 1, 2007 at 3:39 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
andwhyisit said:
I will play these when I get home.

Do you know of any other hacking jobs like this? I know of the Breath of Fire II remake that d4s is making.

Well... lol, there is of course the Zelda 3C: Quest for Calatia project that has it's own forum tied right here on MiraiGamer.net forums. Also I posted a thread earlier in the Gamer's Lounge for the Super Metroid ReDesign project that is very challenging and nicely edited. Also you might be interested in the "semi-official" spiritual successor to Zelda: A Link to the Past called BS Zelda: Anicent Stone Tablets (Inishie no Sekiban) that has been pretty much completely translated and repaired over the years from it's original unplayable state. Head on over to the BS Zelda Homepage for that.

Edit: There is also the Metroid Prime 2-D project. That's coming along very nicely.

-SkyeWelse

Nov 2, 2007 at 12:34 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
SkyeWelse said:
Well... lol, there is of course the Zelda 3C: Quest for Calatia project that has it's own forum tied right here on MiraiGamer.net forums. Also I posted a thread earlier in the Gamer's Lounge for the Super Metroid ReDesign project that is very challenging and nicely edited. Also you might be interested in the "semi-official" spiritual successor to Zelda: A Link to the Past called BS Zelda: Anicent Stone Tablets (Inishie no Sekiban) that has been pretty much completely translated and repaired over the years from it's original unplayable state. Head on over to the BS Zelda Homepage for that.

Edit: There is also the Metroid Prime 2-D project. That's coming along very nicely.

-SkyeWelse
The hacked games I am awaiting are the d4s' BOF2 translation and enhancement, Nightcrawler's Emerald Dragon translation, the Ys 5 translation, the Tales of Phantasia PSX translation (6 years in the making and near completion), and Megaman New Horizon.

Anicent Stone Tablets looks good.

EDIT: I found a sonic remake,
http://www.sonicstadium.org/board/index.php?showtopic=18791

Apr 26, 2010 at 8:33 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
I found this game a while ago. A guy on YouTube Let's Played it. Here's his account.
http://www.youtube.com/user/goron50?blend=1&ob=4
He played through the whole game and beat Ganon. From what I saw, the game is really hard, but interesting, thanks for giving us a download link.:)

Apr 27, 2010 at 12:37 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
thunderzap7;93179 said:
I found this game a while ago. A guy on YouTube Let's Played it. Here's his account.
http://www.youtube.com/user/goron50?blend=1&ob=4
He played through the whole game and beat Ganon. From what I saw, the game is really hard, but interesting, thanks for giving us a download link.:)

Eh... Why did you ressurect this ancient thread? No one uses this part of the forums much, but feel free to post and repost over and over and over. Try the cavestory forums, lots more traffic there.