Your glitch experiences

Dec 6, 2014 at 4:43 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
EDIT:this is now a normal glitch thread

Ever had any crazy glitches in cave story mess with the codeing and got some crazy half curly half kazuma creature,or simpley got the booster and skipped a bunch of story, share your expiriences here ^^

the first time i got the booster too early and it messed with the game and there was like 4 kings in mimigma town and toroko was still there

Dec 6, 2014 at 4:57 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I don't think such a glitch exists in original Cave Story.
Then again, you sad "with the codeing" (codeing, lol).
Well, that counts as modifying the game, so... I don't know if it should be in general discussion?? Or maybe it shouldn't be called glitches??

Dec 6, 2014 at 5:03 PM
:p well there are some glitches rarely the game will make crazy mistakes and this thread just mainly to tell something that happened not complain about were it should be :) and story's bout slight things that made a crazy difference

Dec 6, 2014 at 5:13 PM
Off-screen redemption arc
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Yeah, I don't think there actually are any bugs/glitches in the original Cave Story. And he's not complaining, there's a forum for every thread and every thread in its forum. Threads need to be categorized correctly so that it's seen by those who would find it most interesting.

Dec 6, 2014 at 5:20 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Since there is only one game breaking bug in the freeware version, then how about in regular games? One time, in a Halo Reach Ghost race, my ghost suddenly went flying in some random direction while going over a ramp... I was in the lead... :muscledoc:

Dec 6, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Off-screen redemption arc
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Wait, Cave Story does have a bug? What is it???
Also, I think Kirb may have taken the prize for best mimiga misspelling:
kirbmanboggle said:

Dec 6, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Miamiaga is my favourite

Dec 6, 2014 at 6:12 PM
beep boop
The bug in question is the Chako's house glitch. Search it up. I think it was fixed for the other ports though...

Dec 6, 2014 at 6:19 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Miamiaga is indeed the best. Migma is pretty great too, though.
uh so glitches okay once i was playing wind waker and the first time i finished the forest boss i was treated to makar or whoever the leaf guy is dancing forever in front of the heart container. I then had to go back to where I last saved and fight the boss again. It was dumb.

Dec 6, 2014 at 6:19 PM
beep boop
Man, Golden Eye 007... Memories... I really loved the spazzing glitch with the plane. It was just hilarious...

Dec 6, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Bionicobot said:
The bug in question is the Chako's house glitch. Search it up. I think it was fixed for the other ports though...
you mean where you get past her house by taking advantage of some extra altitude by getting hit by bats? that isn't actually game breaking at all. you would still need to get all the neccesary items for the bomb, which would make you do everything you skipped.

Dec 6, 2014 at 7:05 PM
beep boop
Oh, then it should be moved. I kinda changed it, though. There aren't many glitches in Cave Story...

Dec 6, 2014 at 7:09 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Well, I DO have something relevant to say, so...
One day, my little brother and I were playing LoZ: Twilight Princess (I was watching him while he was doing a mix of progressing and goofing around), and he got the bright idea to try to throw a rock at a hostile Goron. After a few misses, he managed to wedge the rock between the Goron and the wall behind him without shattering the rock. Since the throw brought him into the Goron's aggro range, the Goron tried to walk up to Link to punch him. However, the rock behind in such a position must have broke his pathfinding because instead of walking forward he just shuffled in place.
Goron dance party, anybody?

Dec 6, 2014 at 7:39 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
Goerge Bobicles said:
you mean where you get past her house by taking advantage of some extra altitude by getting hit by bats? that isn't actually game breaking at all. you would still need to get all the neccesary items for the bomb, which would make you do everything you skipped.
Incorrect.
If you perform this exploit before she spawns the jellies, you can accidentally trigger an event out of sequence, which will cause that piece of nessesary dialogue to be overridden (so they will never spawn).

Dec 6, 2014 at 8:11 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Yeah, I'm pretty sure if you do as Enlightened said and save, you can't progress at all because you'll never complete the bomb.

Anyway, to discuss the sub-topic a bit, are we talking only unintentional glitches? Because if we aren't, I've purposefully incited glitches in any game I could touch. I've destroyed the world's graphics in Super Metroid, touched the eternal landscape of Glitch City, killed hero and villain at the same time in Super Mario Bros. and explored the beautiful, dangerous world of Unfinished Rijon in the Summer 2010 beta of Pokémon Prism. I'm the Missingno. of videogame players, I love that stuff. :3

Otherwise, though, I haven't dealt with much in the way of interesting unintentional glitches. Probably the only game where something like that happens fairly regularly is Minecraft, because it can get pretty derpy if your computer isn't quite good enough. In particular, I remember falling through the ground for no adequately explained reason while playing with bobbyis and Attheshows, being saved by a small underground mineshaft we made, and then being teleported back up a moment later.

Dec 6, 2014 at 8:30 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Goerge Bobicles said:
No, it's definitely game breaking. IIRC, when you talk to MALCO about the bomb, it sets a flag that changes Santa's dialogue, meaning you can't get the Fireball if you haven't already (which under normal circumstances, you must.) The thing is, the Jellies only spawn after you've talked to Chaco with the Fireball. Without Jellies, you can't get the Juice and make the bomb, so you can't progress. If you've saved after talking to MALCO, your save is irreparable save for hacking.
Polaris said:
Otherwise, though, I haven't dealt with much in the way of interesting unintentional glitches. Probably the only game where something like that happens fairly regularly is Minecraft, because it can get pretty derpy if your computer isn't quite good enough. In particular, I remember falling through the ground for no adequately explained reason while playing with bobbyis and Attheshows, being saved by a small underground mineshaft we made, and then being teleported back up a moment later.
That's a fairly common lag problem; it used to happen to me like 90% of the time when I was playing online.

Dec 6, 2014 at 9:12 PM
i suppose this is a normal game glitch thread now...kay' one time in assasin's creed black flag ps4 i jumped onto my boat and went straight through it, then into a void and died