Your Favorite Underrated Games?

Jan 17, 2013 at 4:40 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
I'm just gonna flat out say it, Hello Penguin's pretty great and totally underrated.

Jan 17, 2013 at 5:57 PM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
VVVVVV

Rythum Thief and the Emperors Treasure(I haven't played the full game, but I've played the demo and I want it)

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective(also played the demo, also want it)

Super Mario Sunshine(Seriously, guys. What the heck is wrong with you people?)

Noitu Love and the Army of Grinning Darns(mostly 'cause people haven't even heard of it)

Phantasmaburbia('cause people think it's a terrible game just 'cause it was made in GameMaker)

EarthBound(I believe 'cause normal people look at it for two seconds and say it's stupid 'cause it's weird)

@HyMyNameIsMatt THAT PENGUIN SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!!!!

Jan 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Band
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
farming simulator 2013 :D

Jan 18, 2013 at 1:17 AM
"Huzzah!"
I'm going to say the same thing I always say: Perfect Dark is the greatest videogame ever created and it is criminally underappreciated.

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Jan 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Take my best games list, switch Radiant Silvergun for Thunder Dragon 2, remove anything well-known based on preference and that's probably a good favourites list to start with play Mystic Ark

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 21, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I LOVE Ōkami. Like, seriously. It's got lovely graphics(to say the least), a wonderful soundtrack that strikes me as one of the best in any game, it's based off Japanese Mythology, it has the potential to be super-serious all the time but instead adds a little humor that freshened things, there's an old man who breakdances, you can literally run around being a god, said god is also a cute wolf who hunts demons for lulz, even the name is a clever pun. It's just the awesomest game ever, in my opinion :D

And it's just so much fun to play, and there's so many little details and secrets and bonuses, I'm still playing through the game on my 100+ hour save on the PS2 version. And no one I know has heard of it, and when I try telling them about it they write it off and tell me to stop preaching :(

Besides that, there's also Snow Bros., which I played in the arcade, Milk and Nuts, for NES, and Megaman X6, which everyone seems to hate, in real life anyway. :p

Edit: Oh, and Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers. A lot more fun than people give it credit for, and worth at least a rental.

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:14 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Okami was one of my favorites too. Not entirely sure about underrated, though. RIP Clover Studio

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Wild Desu said:
Okami was one of my favorites too. Not entirely sure about underrated, though. RIP Clover Studio
I don't know...people LOVE to complain about the cutscenes and how they "Go on too long". One guy even talked about what a "crappy game" it was because THE IDIOT DIDN'T GO PAST THE FIRST CUTSCENE. :sun:
Sure enough, I basically tell people their opinions mean jack if they complain about Ōkami.

Clover Studios shall be missed.

Jan 24, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Hyperbolic
The best underrated freeware shooter. The great Emil Christensen a.k.a. HeatoN, the best Counter Strike player in the world is also donating to this game, try it for free:

Download: http://red.planetarena.org/

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Fury 3. It was a great game, the first 3D game I played.

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:18 AM
/end
Polaris said:
Around here it is. People LOVE to complain about the cutscenes and how they "Go on too long". One guy even talked about what a "crappy game" it was because THE IDIOT DIDN'T GO PAST THE FIRST CUTSCENE. :sun: Sure enough, I basically tell people their opinions mean jack if they complain about Ōkami. Clover Studios shall be missed.
Once again the people you hang around with are idiots.

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Once again the people you hang around with are idiots.

Once again,

-,_,- ow.

...Though I should probably go back and edit that. I don't have a clue towards the answer to why I said "Around here". ×_×

I just meant that people in general say that. There is a guy who said that in my school, but I stay away from him.

And they're not necessarily idiots if they hold a different opinion than me. No, they prove their idiocy in funnier ways :D

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:51 AM
/end
I am all into equality when it comes to different people holding different opinions, but no, in this case that person is simply an idiot based on what he said and did.

I say that even though I am not a "fan" of Okami.

Jan 25, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
MetaSeraphim said:
I am all into equality when it comes to different people holding different opinions, but no, in this case that person is simply an idiot based on what he said and did. I say that even though I am not a "fan" of Okami.
:droll: Perhaps I should be clearer.

I do not hang out with people who judge Ōkami on cutscene alone. In fact, most of my friends don't know of Ōkami. The ones who do either like it or hold no opinion.

And now this discussion must die because it has nothing to do with underappreciated games. •_•;

Jan 25, 2013 at 3:12 AM
/end
I never said you did, perhaps I should be clearer.

You said this:

"And they're not necessarily idiots if they hold a different opinion than me"

I am saying it is fine when people have different opinions. But, in the case of that person you explain that person is just a complete idiot.

We clear now?

Jan 25, 2013 at 3:20 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
MetaSeraphim said:
I never said you did, perhaps I should be clearer. You said this: "And they're not necessarily idiots if they hold a different opinion than me" I am saying it is fine when people have different opinions. But, in the case of that person you explain that person is just a complete idiot. We clear now?
Clear as Sunday morning.

And, uh,

Big Rigs Over The Road Racing is fun only to laugh at how bad it is. >,<

Jan 25, 2013 at 3:41 AM
/end
If we are talking racing games Vigilante 8 was pretty decent.

Jan 25, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
I don't think Big Rigs can be counted as a game at all -_-

Jan 25, 2013 at 3:52 AM
/end
Because it is horrible? That is silly. That is like saying ASCII games aren't real games.