Your favorite Pokemon game

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:40 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Captain Fabulous said:
Second gen had the best Pokemon design and I will fight you.
No, I don't mind what game you think is best. We can all agree that 4th gen had the worst Pokemon, hold hands, and go home happy.

Whatever the latest gen is has the worst pokemon, which I know is more than 4.

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:34 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Yakkers said:
I seriously hope you're not implying that an ice cream cone and a trash bag with a face (both with evos, mind you) are better than anything in DPP.

HELL YES. Try battling noobs on wifi, and you'll see EVERY DAMN ONE with arceus or darkrai. And if you go to http://justdubs.net you'll see the badassery of the new season.

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:37 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Yakkers said:
I seriously hope you're not implying that an ice cream cone and a trash bag with a face (both with evos, mind you) are better than anything in DPP.

This. Though I am not a huge fan of gen 4, some of the gen 5 pokemon are just...what the fuck. They really are running out of ideas, and they really need to stop thinking there aren't enough monkeys.

But then again, Fab is just a stupid 5th gen fanboy. :)

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:50 PM
p135365-0-thscreenshot20111130214955.png

I might dare to say that my first generation pokemon seem to be quite superior to all your pokemon, ol' chap.

p135365-1-thscreenshot20111130175531.png

Very much so.

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:56 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
HuzzahToasterSoapBarTime said:
I might dare to say that my first generation pokemon seem to be quite superior to all your pokemon, ol' chap.
Yeah, I am fine with pretty much any generation Pokemon as long as it's not the fifth. And like someone said before, I don't really like the weird evolutions/ pre-evolutions ( ...excluding Porygon-Z ;_; ).
Yakkers said:
Heh, my favorite 5th Gen pokemon is the "Ice Cream Cone" :)

Dec 2, 2011 at 12:06 AM
Dunc2403 said:
Because Proffesor Layton totally has a Charizard.

He does. You just don't know. ......YET.
diph.php

Dec 2, 2011 at 12:25 AM
daughter of chivalry
No, there definitely are, such as the ones you linked. But a lot of the designs are totally rehashed or just wtf in general.

Dec 2, 2011 at 12:29 AM

^THIS WHOLE TOPIC.

Dec 2, 2011 at 12:52 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
WD said:
No, there definitely are, such as the ones you linked. But a lot of the designs are totally rehashed or just wtf in general.

Which I think is why they got rid of the previous generations for Gen V. That and trying to fit 600,000 Pokemon into one region is ridiculous. To me, Pokemon White felt like starting over again, like Red/Blue only better.

Dec 2, 2011 at 1:08 AM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Emerald.
Code:
show_message(string(get_end_of_thread("Your favorite Pokemon game")))
[OK]

Dec 2, 2011 at 4:03 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
HuzzahToasterSoapBarTime said:

^THIS WHOLE TOPIC.

Ok ok I concede ~w~;; Still, I kind of miss when the main basis for pokémons (the majority of each National Pokédex anyway) was to mix a cute and cool concept. Seems that nowadays it's mostly using silly or child-magnet concepts for attract mode.

And yeah, game for kids... Supposedly BW had a plot toned up a (unnoticeable) bit mature. I still wish they'd make more media for the fans who grew up with the franchise even so. Mature it together with its fans.

I mean, Pokémon Colosseum, the first one, had a go at it, and how many people rejoiced! Pokémons being used as weapons. Mugging the loving pets of others for power or survival, or even self-defense. A whole desertified continent due to mankind abuse, half of the population blaming it on the pokémons, and half of it trying to use them to recover that. You couldn't even tell which side was right at the first moments of the game! It's that kind of diversification that the Pokémon franchise could use nowadays. Different approaches, not different characters for the exactly same old game! Which is still cool, but it only works for so long.

One point of the video that got me nagged though. revving up the viewpoint of designs to make the game fresh? Pokémon is hardly a blockbuster like it used to be. Because let's face it, as much as we love this game and complain about this and that, we're about the few suckers who keep playing the exactly same game with a new dressing on every serve. There's not so many children interested on this game in comparison to the 90s-ish because the game concept isn't as new and inventive as it used to be.

In fact I think we're trying to draw from a long-dried well. And still we faithfully buy and play the same game. There's something seriously wrong with this...

Dec 2, 2011 at 4:24 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Billy MT said:
I still wish they'd make more media for the fans who grew up with the franchise even so. Mature it together with its fans.

The fans are pretty good at making their own 'mature' media..
granted that's maybe not the kind of 'mature' you were aiming for.

I can't say whether pokemon is so much less popular than it was in the 90's because it's been a long time since I've been to an elementary school playground.

Dec 2, 2011 at 7:42 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Noxid said:
The fans are pretty good at making their own 'mature' media..
granted that's maybe not the kind of 'mature' you were aiming for.

Noooooox what the heck...!
jcdragon-keke.gif

Noxid said:
I can't say whether pokemon is so much less popular than it was in the 90's because it's been a long time since I've been to an elementary school playground.

They're filled with PSPs and Playstation Xperias. Imagine with the soon-to-come PSVitas. Yeeeep, Nintendo's losing grounds. But that's for another discussion.

And do notice that despise my rant above, I'm still a die-hard player of the Pokémon series. Up to the point to still hold on to at least one copy of each generation that I gone through. So it's not that I'm trying to make a point across with you guys or have some useless superior argument. It's more of a venting from myself FOR myself, who can't admit that is growing tired of playing an endless loop of the same game, over and over again...

The Mystery Dungeon series turned that around, but it was short lived when the Password Generators came. The Ranger series are more of a novelty, one-shot game without much appeal after the first two playthroughs - and the fact that you can get their special pokés to the mainstream games once in the game's lifetime (without illegal hacks) didn't helped the replay value. Battle Revolution was the nail of the coffin for the Colosseum series.

What else can be done to keep the legend of the pocket monsters rolling?

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:56 PM
Billy MT said:
I still wish they'd make more media for the fans who grew up with the franchise even so. Mature it together with its fans.

read pokemon adventures.

pkmndcolon.png

Dec 19, 2011 at 6:54 AM
Discord Group Moderator
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I say Either Black or Emerald, black because of its awsome gameplay and emerald for being the pinnicale of the series( untill the downfall of all the meta game titans...)

Dec 19, 2011 at 11:39 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Billy MT said:
I mean, Pokémon Colosseum, the first one, had a go at it, and how many people rejoiced! Pokémons being used as weapons. Mugging the loving pets of others for power or survival, or even self-defense. A whole desertified continent due to mankind abuse, half of the population blaming it on the pokémons, and half of it trying to use them to recover that. You couldn't even tell which side was right at the first moments of the game!
Yeah, after playing colloseum I saw how stagnant the main series had become. When the 4th gen games were released, just another rehash on the same game with some new pokemon and minor changes, I just gave up on the franchise. Plus with so many bloody event pokemon it is impossible to truely complete a pokedex.

My silver version's internal battery died earlier this year. A total of 600+ hours down the drain. :(

Oh and the original Gen 1 bike theme is still king. :D

Dec 19, 2011 at 4:11 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
My school has a slight creepy, devoted group of Pokemon players who waste hours breeding and getting perfect IVs as EVs, where I do much better stuff, like Skyrim.

I kid, I actually was quite into Pokemon, before I sold my DS.
I had quite a team...

Dec 19, 2011 at 6:09 PM
daughter of chivalry
andwhyisit said:
My silver version's internal battery died earlier this year. A total of 600+ hours down the drain. :D

Aw, same thing happened to my gold version, but I wore it out a long time ago when I was still little. Not like I can find it anymore, but it's still a shame.

cultr1 said:
I had quite a team...

Going into flashback mode?