Your best ingame achievements

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
What do you consider your best ingame achievement? Have you beaten IWBTG or something? Share it here.

My best ingame achievement, apart for winning several gaming tournaments in Alien Arena is that I've found really great friends and good fun. I'm proud of my clan, Clan SiNister [SiN] . One of our member is negotiating with Emil Pathric William Christensen, (who is widely considered as one of the best Counter-Strike players of all time) regarding sponsorship for our game.

Jan 12, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
A great achievement

I didn't expect that when I was taking the video xD

Anyway, greatest achievements in-game... hmmm
100% Super Meat Boy, Perfect Bit.trip.runner, Cave Story Best Ending, collecting that one shiny in VVVVVV, finishing Ys games on the hardest difficulty, getting some of the frustrating secrets in Crescent Pale Mist, and more...
...all using the keyboard!

During my 10 years of Starsiege Tribes, I took on some really sick players and for a while was around their
level. That game was very rough compared to average FPS'...

They all had moments of rage, followed by great relief. But, those moments pale in comparison to more creative achievements... for example in Morrowind, Ultima VII, Baldur's Gate... I spent many, many hours roleplaying and going beyond the game's limitations without cheating or modding... Those characters stayed with me far longer than any momentary victory...

(Addendum :
Personally I always tried to avoid tournaments and the like; I always preferred a casual atmosphere more than matches... My favorite/main clan/tribe : HoG {Hand of God}, I miss them D:, they've grown up, but I still know some of them...)

Jan 12, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
These are roughly listed in chronological order.

LEGO Island 2: During the time that I was 7-9 years old, every bit of time I spent playing this game was playing the minigames over and over again in an attempt to get gold on everything. After a year to a year-and-a-half spent working towards this goal, I FINALLY got gold on every last minigame and island, and could go to my shelf of trophies and see nothing but gold.

Rayman 3: After many months of sharpening my score on all the levels and doing things to get the maximum combo, I got my score really high.

Rayman 2: It took a very long time, but I eventually found every last yellow lum.

Rayman Arena: Beat every last area there is, and also beat Speed Stress. Just so you know what this is, you were chased by a giant wave and had to run over acceleration pads and repeatedly tap a button that would give you an extra boost if you did so. Surviving needed some very rapid button presses along with quick arrow key presses that made my brother laugh pretty hard at seeing my hands move with such inhuman speed, and hearing the keyboard buttons being mashed so rapidly. My dad just so happened to be around during this, and he cringed and threatened to take the keyboard away due to concerns regarding the health of my hands. (despite this coming up on several other occasions, he never followed through with it)

Sonic Heroes: When you first complete the story mode with a team, the ending screen shows all the characters from the game and says something like: "Try another team." Then when you finally beat the story mode with all four teams, the ending screen shows the seven chaos emeralds and says something like: "Collect all seven chaos emeralds." Then if you do that, the ending screen shows metal Sonic and says: "Defeat last evil." Then when you do the extra final boss, the ending screen says: "Get all A rank." So then when you finally go to all the levels and get A on every single one of them, the ending screen says: "Try SUPER HARD mode." And then, when you play super hard mode, it's basically the story mode with Team Sonic except all the levels are harder, and when you beat it, finally, after all that hard work, the ending screen says: "Thank you for playing." Doing all this stuff is pretty hard, and extremely time-consuming. I had a lot of free time when I was ten, and even then it took me 81 days from the day I got that game to get to that ending screen, and my brother was completely left in the dust and never got all A's in his file.

Halo: Beat the campaign mode on all four difficulties.

Halo 2: Beat the campaign mode on all four difficulties. (all four difficulties are harder in Halo 2 than they were in the first one)

Cave Story: Fell in love with the game in less than twelve hours, and by the time one month had elapsed, I had played through the whole thing at least ten times, and seen every last bit of dialogue that it's possible to see in the game to the point where the only bits that were new to me when I looked through the code were those that never execute unless the game has been modified. Additionally, within this one-month timespan, I got a sacred grounds time under three minutes and got to see Sue at the main menu. In the following months, I kept polishing my time, and for some time held the fastest known Sacred Grounds time with the Spur. While I have since been surpassed, I plan on reclaiming my title.

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Bahaha, time for me to gloat! I can't remember all of the super-cool stuff I've done, but I'll try to list the important stuff.

Beat Battletoads using no continues or warps
Beat Silver Surfer without dying or turbo controllers
Beat Super Meat Boy 100% (And all courses A+, even though it's not required for 100%)
Beat IWBTG on Very Hard mode
Beat Ninja Gaiden (and I'm on the verge of beating Ninja Gaiden II)
Beat Milon's Secret Castle
Beat The Terminator
Beat Halo 3, ODST, and Reach on Legendary. I also did all of the vidmaster challenges.
Beat Mega Man 1-6, 9, 10, and X. I got to the Final Boss in Mega Man 9 without taking a single hit of damage.
Beat Battle Kid: Fortress of Peril
Beat The Adventures of Bayou Billy

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Hey guys, there was this one time where I played a game, and I beat it! It was amazing.

Jan 13, 2013 at 12:31 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
beated halo on legendary with no dying
MGS 3 with no alert
IWBTG on very hard
SMB 100%
Jenka's Nightmare Revived No Dying
Beated Ninja gaiden
Time Crisis 4 No Continue Only Uses Pistol

ETC'ETC'ETC'

Jan 13, 2013 at 1:08 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Hey guys, there was this one time where I played a game, and I beat it! It was amazing.
Goddammit you stole my joke. But I was gonna add that I went through the game without worrying about achievements and just enjoyed the ride.

Jan 13, 2013 at 3:45 AM
Not anymore
I have beaten IWBTG.

I also finished La Mulana, most of it without using walkthroughs / FAQs / let's play videos.

Jan 13, 2013 at 4:26 AM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Getting achievements on Cave Story+ without even doing anything to get them
It's just normal for me

Jan 13, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I've defeated every Illusion of Time/Gaia boss as Will at least once (including Solid Arm). Except for Dark Gaia since you're not given a choice in the matter.

A complete Cave Story Bubbler-only run, including hell.

600+ hours in a single Pokemon Silver save before the internal battery died. Had a 100% complete Pokedex (251 Pokemon) too.

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:55 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I generally suck at games and don't see many to completion due to lack of staying interest, so this kinda works for me. :mrgreen:

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:48 PM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
HaydenStudios said:
These are roughly listed in chronological order.

LEGO Island 2: During the time that I was 7-9 years old, every bit of time I spent playing this game was playing the minigames over and over again in an attempt to get gold on everything. After a year to a year-and-a-half spent working towards this goal, I FINALLY got gold on every last minigame and island, and could go to my shelf of trophies and see nothing but gold.

Rayman 3: After many months of sharpening my score on all the levels and doing things to get the maximum combo, I got my score really high.

Rayman 2: It took a very long time, but I eventually found every last yellow lum.

Rayman Arena: Beat every last area there is, and also beat Speed Stress. Just so you know what this is, you were chased by a giant wave and had to run over acceleration pads and repeatedly tap a button that would give you an extra boost if you did so. Surviving needed some very rapid button presses along with quick arrow key presses that made my brother laugh pretty hard at seeing my hands move with such inhuman speed, and hearing the keyboard buttons being mashed so rapidly. My dad just so happened to be around during this, and he cringed and threatened to take the keyboard away due to concerns regarding the health of my hands. (despite this coming up on several other occasions, he never followed through with it)

Sonic Heroes: When you first complete the story mode with a team, the ending screen shows all the characters from the game and says something like: "Try another team." Then when you finally beat the story mode with all four teams, the ending screen shows the seven chaos emeralds and says something like: "Collect all seven chaos emeralds." Then if you do that, the ending screen shows metal Sonic and says: "Defeat last evil." Then when you do the extra final boss, the ending screen says: "Get all A rank." So then when you finally go to all the levels and get A on every single one of them, the ending screen says: "Try SUPER HARD mode." And then, when you play super hard mode, it's basically the story mode with Team Sonic except all the levels are harder, and when you beat it, finally, after all that hard work, the ending screen says: "Thank you for playing." Doing all this stuff is pretty hard, and extremely time-consuming. I had a lot of free time when I was ten, and even then it took me 81 days from the day I got that game to get to that ending screen, and my brother was completely left in the dust and never got all A's in his file.

Halo: Beat the campaign mode on all four difficulties.

Halo 2: Beat the campaign mode on all four difficulties. (all four difficulties are harder in Halo 2 than they were in the first one)

Cave Story: Fell in love with the game in less than twelve hours, and by the time one month had elapsed, I had played through the whole thing at least ten times, and seen every last bit of dialogue that it's possible to see in the game to the point where the only bits that were new to me when I looked through the code were those that never execute unless the game has been modified. Additionally, within this one-month timespan, I got a sacred grounds time under three minutes and got to see Sue at the main menu. In the following months, I kept polishing my time, and for some time held the fastest known Sacred Grounds time with the Spur. While I have since been surpassed, I plan on reclaiming my title.
Wow, you have no life... Joking, that was a joke. I would never actually say that.

Anywho, for my in-game achievements:

Cave Story: -Beating Ballos for the first time(after trial, error, and a broken R-button).

VVVVVV: -Collected all the Shinies and unlocked the secret lab.

Portal 2: -I somehow managed to glitch the game and get behind one of the walls in one of the test chambers(and it was glitchy).
- Beat the co-op campaign BY MYSELF!!(try toppin' THAT, Steve Wiebe XD (that was another joke)).

Secret Agent Clank: Found the Treehouse and found the hidden tribute.

Jan 16, 2013 at 2:16 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Dunc2403 said:
Haha do you seriously think it's impossible to beat portal 2 coop by yourself
Maybe he was operating both controllers by himself?? That would take crazy good timing though, probably.

Jan 16, 2013 at 2:58 AM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Yeah, I was using both controllers by myself.

Haha do you seriously think it's impossible to beat portal 2 coop by yourself
Hey, you don't see me judging your achievements, so lets keep the lip buttoned shall we?

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Thanks to New Game Plus, exploitment of stuff, and a certain debug thingie, I managed to get to a point in Jenka's Nightmare Revived where I had something like 1,000 HP, the Polaris, the Polar Star, the Snake(albeit with rather low ammo), the Machine Gun with 150 ammo, an infinite ammo Super Mis- I mean, Detonator, an infinite ammo Bubbler, the Timereaver, and the Lightaga spell. Also the "fake" weapons (green square, missiles, and The dESTROYER), but those don't count. I didn't cheat or hack to get these.
All that, and I still don't know what the Liberty Ticket does T_T

I also defeated Rayquaza with a Level 35 Gardevoir named Ash(who happens to be my lead due to her exuberant amounts of badassery), beat Megaman X6 at 5 years old without cheats, went through Cave Story with the best weapon (Polar Star) and nothing else, somehow glitched the game and got a Mew in Gold(which is sadly deceased and was extremely unstable), and still own my beloved special edition Game Boy Color, which is in good health.

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Polaris said:
beat Megaman X6 at 5 years old without cheats
Congrats to you. I had rented that game from Blockbuster when I was fairly young, and I thought it was really damn hard. I only got past Shield Sheldon and some other guy, I forget. I don't know how you could have possibly done it!

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
I have no idea how I did it O_o

I'm serious, I really don't. I do remember that I was stuck for weeks on High Max, though-thankfully I was really patient when I was younger. Also, I kinda favored Zero, which is good 'cause honestly he's the best.

And then I found out about the Ultimate armor, and went back and revenge-killed the game Xb

Jan 20, 2013 at 1:29 AM
/end
I remember Megaman X6, while everyone else bashed it I personally loved it. Managed to completely beat the game with only using X or Zero without getting the ultimate armor and managed to save all the reploids without using any guides.

Now I am going to have to pop my copy of Megaman X6 into my PS1, thanks a lot Pola!