would you rather

May 6, 2018 at 3:33 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
one says "Would you rather [x] or [y]?", & the other quotes this & answers accordingly.

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 4:06 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
"Would you rather [x] or [y]?"
Definitely [x]. Stylistically a much cooler letter than y, although both letters are still quite nice. :awesomeface:

Would you rather: have your post count reset to zero or be forced to use the Gameflaws skin whenever you browse the forums? (@TheCyberSleuth is exempt from this hypothetical scenario)

May 6, 2018 at 4:18 AM
Would you rather: have your post count reset to zero or be forced to use the Gameflaws skin whenever you browse the forums? (@TheCyberSleuth is exempt from this hypothetical scenario)

i'm actually okay with the gameflaws skin.

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 4:28 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
That question should really be asked to those in the Nu tier. So I'll have to use GameFlaws (it's pretty good though, why the hate? ;-;. )
Would you rather be banned for 10 days for a major rule violation, or a month for double posting?

May 6, 2018 at 4:39 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
That question should really be asked to those in the Nu tier. So I'll have to use GameFlaws (it's pretty good though, why the hate? ;-;. )
Would you rather be banned for 10 days for a major rule violation, or a month for double posting?
10 days for a major rule violation. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened anyways.
Would you rather have beta Cave Story or Mother 3 in North America :cool:

May 6, 2018 at 5:09 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
10 days for a major rule violation. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened anyways.
Would you rather have beta Cave Story or Mother 3 in North America :cool:
Beta Cave Story. I want to use those cool weapons; I can just get Mother 3 on an emulator but we don't have Beta CS.
Would you rather have the Blade or Nemesis?

May 6, 2018 at 6:54 AM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Isn't the beta where Quote had Curly's name [+on his hat]?
Yes, among other interesting things that were ultimately dropped from the actual game. Beta Cave Story was very, very different.

On the topic: would you rather be able to understand and speak every language in the world, or be able to fully read and communicate with other people's minds?

May 6, 2018 at 4:07 PM
Yes, among other interesting things that were ultimately dropped from the actual game. Beta Cave Story was very, very different.

On the topic: would you rather be able to understand and speak every language in the world, or be able to fully read and communicate with other people's minds?

telepathy, assuming there is no language barrier.

would you rather be mute or always say what you think?

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 5:07 PM
War criminal
& if it does, I'd probably speak & understand every language.
But doesn't that mean the opposite if there were a language barrier?
Would you rather be mute or always say what you think?
I always say what I think, so I'm exempt from that question!

Would you rather have an extra couple hours of sleep, or an extra couple hours of intense activity?

May 6, 2018 at 5:46 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
... be able to fully read and communicate with other people's minds?
I hope this is relevant: there is an episode of Kino no Tabi that shows the possible dangerous consequences of this.

Would you rather have an extra couple hours of sleep, or an extra couple hours of intense activity?
Sleep. Definitely sleep. Sleep is a wonderful thing.

Would you rather have Cave Story get an animated adaptation, or release a sequel game?

May 6, 2018 at 5:59 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Would you rather have Cave Story get an animated adaptation, or release a sequel game?

Definitely a sequel. I don't want them to accidentally draw the characters wrong in an animation, and fans can make fan animated series anyway. A sequel would be nice.

Would you rather live with Tyrone Rodriguez or Daisuke Amaya? (Remember the latter can only speak Japanese I think)

May 6, 2018 at 6:58 PM

I always say what I think, so I'm exempt from that question!

extra couple hours of sleep. i must've had some tricky wording there. if the second option doesn't work on people with a different spoken language, I would pick the first option.

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 7:04 PM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Also, I must've had some tricky wording there. If the second option doesn't work on people with a different spoken language, I would pick the first option.
Oh, don't worry, you automatically read and understand everything. Everything. Every their deep, hidden thought and tendency. Especially the beautiful and terrifying and disgusting ones.

I'm going with Daisuke Amaya. He seems to be cool.

May 7, 2018 at 6:11 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Would you rather have beta cvae story or the source code for cave story.

May 7, 2018 at 7:38 PM
War criminal
May 7, 2018 at 8:45 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
An animated series because a lot of sequels suck. However, if an animated series was being made, it would probably be in the NICALiS-port art style and not like the art style that is found in the credits or the manual.

Would you rather use only light themes for the rest of your life or have MatPat make a """theory""" about CaveStory and have 50 new users a minute join the forums. That was oddly specific.

May 8, 2018 at 12:29 PM
Would you rather use only light themes for the rest of your life or have MatPat make a """theory""" about CaveStory and have 50 new users a minute join the forums. That was oddly specific.
I'd go with the i̶d̶i̶o̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶l̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶a̶d̶i̶c̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s theory, as it would end up either being an already existing theory on the forums, or him comparing Cave Story to Shakespearean tragedies.

Would you rather live in a large kangaroo pouch, belonging to a racist kangaroo, or have a fleshy pouch attached to your lower torso, in which a little racist kangaroo lives in

Last edited:
May 8, 2018 at 8:29 PM
I'd go with the i̶d̶i̶o̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶l̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶a̶d̶i̶c̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s theory, as it would end up either being an already existing theory on the forums, or him comparing Cave Story to Shakespearean tragedies.

Would you rather live in a large kangaroo pouch, belonging to a racist kangaroo, or have a fleshy pouch attached to your lower torso, in which a little racist kangaroo lives in

racist kangaroo baby live in a flesh pouch on my lower torso.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 4:07 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I'd rather live in the kangaroo pouch because I don't want to have a fleshy pouch attached to my lower torso.

Would you rather never be able to increase your post count or (this one's already been done) have it reset to zero?

I think this is a question that'll be harder than just choosing to use an already decent theme.