Would Jack have gone insane after the events of Cave Story if he was still alive?

Sep 27, 2015 at 10:31 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
No one ever mentions this, because it's overshadowed by the tragic deaths of King and Toroko, but I've always felt horrible for this guy. At least King and Toroko were basically mercy-killed; Jack, on the other hand, was the one who was kept alive to witness the madness unfolding.

After probably at least a month of doing his boring and shitty job of standing next to the graveyard 24/7, he had to deal with losing both of his best friends in the entire world, King and Toroko, while being enslaved and thrown in jail for life by the person who was ultimately responsible for the deaths of both of them.

Also, Mahin was probably eating all the food in there XD

Anyway, this is a very interesting theory because it tackles several important subjects simultaneously.

First of all, did Jack actually survive throughout the entirety of the game, or did he really, in fact, end up getting turned into one of the Enraged Mimigas on the Balcony? If so, what happened to his signature hat-and-glasses outfit? I would think that someone like him would probably turn into one of those skinny Enraged Mimigas, meaning that he would still be able to wear his normal clothes just fine.

Second of all, did he develop bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and/or some other type of severe PTSD from the loss of his entire family? Personally, I think that that would be a pretty damned brilliant concept for the plot if Pixel ever decided to finally make Cave Story 2 a real thing and keep Jack alive in it. It would make him a very sick and fucked-up yet nonetheless interesting Shakespearean tragedy of a character.

Last but not least, how would he have escaped if he had already disappeared from his jail cell by the time Quote got there? I'm not sure if there's any plausible theory to answer that question, but Jack certainly did rebuild the entire Mimiga Village with nothing but his strength(?) and his wits, so I'm sure that the bespectacled little freak would be smart enough to think of something.

So...what do you think?

Sep 27, 2015 at 10:40 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
he has every mental disorder
even aids

Sep 27, 2015 at 10:43 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
you don't just develop bipolar disorder dude
that's not how that shit works
what if you just get really old and start to lose the plot

Sep 27, 2015 at 10:49 PM
what if you just get really old and start to lose the plot

I don't think most of the people here are going to know what "lose the plot" means without looking it up on Google (hell even I didn't), but you're basically saying he would lose his touch with reality and rationality...right?

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:15 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I don't think most of the people here are going to know what "lose the plot" means without looking it up on Google
I live on the opposite side of the world to Noxid and I know that expression without looking it up. I think it's just you.

Sep 28, 2015 at 2:37 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I live on the opposite side of the world to Noxid and I know that expression without looking it up. I think it's just you.
Well, I also didn't know what it meant; despite being knowledgeable about these kinds of things, both of English and Polish.

Sep 28, 2015 at 8:27 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
As Jack raced towards the Doctor, the wind blowing around his fur.
He had found his courage from within, though it had come all too late.
But he vowed revenge...

...Scaling the outer wall. Crossing paths with monsters. Falling presses. Even encountering the legendary Red Demon,
Jack's mastery of wit and stealth beat all the odds.

And at last, he stood outside in blinding morning light, facing the ominous castle.
"...Only a fool would walk through the front door!" Jack wryly laughed, mocking the open gate.
So once more, Jack raced up the wall and crawled through a small passage...

...Into the darkness, he fell upon something unexpected.
A living, beating, floating rock? Something important no doubt!
Could this save them? Turn everyone back?

What should he do...?

!?
Someone's here! Jack swiftly slid into an opening.

...? That's the witch! ... This is it!!
Adjusting his goggles, steeling his resolve; Jack unbuttoned the locked case and at pulled out... *Sweat drop* ...where's the Bubbler?!

*RRRRRRRRumble*
"Wha..."
We're moving! Now he had a clear view of someone directly ahead... Red hat, pale skin, pointy green ears... that's the boy from before!
What's he......
*SPURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR*

p207370-0-921.jpg

THE END

Sep 28, 2015 at 11:24 PM
As Jack raced towards the Doctor, the wind blowing around his fur.
He had found his courage from within, though it had come all too late.
But he vowed revenge...

...Scaling the outer wall. Crossing paths with monsters. Falling presses. Even encountering the legendary Red Demon,
Jack's mastery of wit and stealth beat all the odds.

And at last, he stood outside in blinding morning light, facing the ominous castle.
"...Only a fool would walk through the front door!" Jack wryly laughed, mocking the open gate.
So once more, Jack raced up the wall and crawled through a small passage...

...Into the darkness, he fell upon something unexpected.
A living, beating, floating rock? Something important no doubt!
Could this save them? Turn everyone back?

What should he do...?

!?
Someone's here! Jack swiftly slid into an opening.

...? That's the witch! ... This is it!!
Adjusting his goggles, steeling his resolve; Jack unbuttoned the locked case and at pulled out... *Sweat drop* ...where's the Bubbler?!

*RRRRRRRRumble*
"Wha..."
We're moving! Now he had a clear view of someone directly ahead... Red hat, pale skin, pointy green ears... that's the boy from before!
What's he......
*SPURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR*

p207370-0-921.jpg

THE END

What the hell did you just write? I should turn that into...a poem. XD
Also...did you draw the image while writing that?

Sep 29, 2015 at 12:19 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
What the hell did you just write? I should turn that into...a poem. XD
Also...did you draw the image while writing that?
That's what happens when you've already face planted your mouse once tonight from exhaustion, but post something anyway. lol
And no, can't take credit for the pic... found it long ago. I was just going to post the image and say "thought this was canon", but spammy posts are usually unwelcome (if it's not your own artwork).

@OP - I do wonder what happened to Jack though. It's one of those loose ends that nag at you... Like the Colons. Or Booster visiting Jenka in the credits.
Why do Santa and Chaco; nurse and doctor get a place in the epilogue but not the others? What happened to all the other transformed Mimigas?!

Personally, I think they lived. Did Jack flip out? Only if he's the only one left. OR if he finds the Demon Crown and becomes the first Mimiga King.
but Jack certainly did rebuild the entire Mimiga Village with nothing but his strength(?) and his wits
Is that a reference to Jenka's Nightmare? I don't recall Jack doing anything like that in the original...

Sep 29, 2015 at 1:02 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
All enraged Mimigas that were still alive after the destruction of the core should have reverted back to normal.

Sep 29, 2015 at 2:37 AM
All enraged Mimigas that were still alive after the destruction of the core should have reverted back to normal.

However, Jack being one of the enraged Mimigas that Quote killed on the Balcony IS sadly the most likely-to-be-true fan theory about him. ;(

Sep 29, 2015 at 3:12 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
It's pretty likely that Quote just avoided them, though...even without the Booster, they all just jump over you.

Sep 29, 2015 at 3:15 AM
It's pretty likely that Quote just avoided them, though...even without the Booster, they all just jump over you.

That's not what the actual players do, unfortunately...yeah, we're all bastards XD

Sep 29, 2015 at 3:17 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
It's what I do :<

Besides, there's really no reason to kill them with so many other resources and a save point available, and it gets irritating after a while if one is having trouble with the Tower of Bosses.

Sep 29, 2015 at 3:59 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I do it too. It saves me having to lose health before the boss trio, and yes, it does get grating after a while fighting them over and over.
You do shoot them first time around, but after a while you just stop bothering.

Though most of the enraged Mimigas on the balcony are small, so they may likely be the Colons (Korons). It's likely that we all murdered little children before taking on the boss trio.

Also you need to consider that there are many more uncounted for Mimigas (not to mention those that we never saw) in the game than there are rabid Mimigas on the balcony. You cannot assume that any specific Mimiga was amongst the slain, even if the rabid Mimigas dying on the balcony can be utilised as a story element rather than merely as a gameplay one.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2015 at 8:37 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"

I'm pretty sure that's a myth like how red flowers make your blood boil and fall over dead.