Worst Video Games You Have Ever Played?

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:41 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
So, what are some absolutely awful games you've played? There are some games that just feel broken (quote story but that doesnt count because its obviously not mainstream) and some that just aren't that good...i guess the sims 4?

But the absolute worst mainstream game i have ever played is (drumbeat please)

COD Ghosts! Yeah, i would put the whole series, but this is the worst of the bunch. Another mindless shooter.

Another is pretty much any game involved in the "hey look i made a simulator of something you would never believe!" trend that seems to be taking off. Some examples are Goat simulator, I am Bread, and Rock Simulator.

Post to your heart's content, as long as the posts contain at the most only 99% rage.

Edit: and every minecraft clone ever

Edit #2: By mainstream game i really mean any game that is an ACTUAL standalone game that is not a CS mod or related to that. I will include any Steam game on this, and yes i know they arent really all mainstream.

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:47 AM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Okay so wait, define specifically what you mean a 'mainstream' game here.
AAA games?
Well that can't be correct since three indie games are listed.
Like, popular on the internet?
I'm pretty damn sure no minecraft clone's ever gotten remotely the amount of attention to ever be called "mainstream".

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:50 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Also if you want to say that goat simulator is part of a trend then go fuck right off because it was basically the first (or the only one that actually matters I can't remember which)

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:50 AM
"..."
Yinga said:
Okay so wait, define specifically what you mean a 'mainstream' game here.
AAA games?
Well that can't be correct since three indie games are listed.
Like, popular on the internet?
I'm pretty damn sure no minecraft clone's ever gotten remotely the amount of attention to ever be called "mainstream".
Okay i fixed my post. And Goat simulator is pretty popular now.

There also can be mainstream indie games, like minecraft.

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:52 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
funwillfunwill said:
COD Ghosts! Yeah, i would put the whole series, but this is the worst of the bunch. Another mindless shooter.
I really dislike how CoD is almost universally disliked by those who don't play it on a regular basis just because it's cool to hate. I haven't played the newer ones myself (which includes Ghosts), but going by how you also mention the rest of the series, I think you may be a bit biased. CoD is one of the most polished shooters out there and it has a low barrier to entry, something that a lot of games look up to. The multiplayer is a genuinely fantastic experience, and I think that a lot of people who claim they hate the series would actually enjoy it if they gave it an actual shot.

funwillfunwill said:
Another is pretty much any game involved in the "hey look i made a simulator of something you would never believe!" trend that seems to be taking off. Some examples are Goat simulator, I am Bread, and Rock Simulator.
I suppose Goat Simulator was mainstream for a little while, but not something I would put on nearly on the same level as the much more popular AAA games.

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:53 AM
Christ, Call of Duty isn't a godawful shitfest like everyone who doesn't want to look like a mainstream gamer makes it out to be. I've played a few minutes of it, and it's fine. You're a guy with a gun, there's other guys with guns, you get lots of different guns to shoot with, nothing gets in the way of this, and the graphics are pretty. The worst thing I can say about Call of Duty is that it's boring, simplistic, and not challenging. Singleplayer, anyway. Haven't played multiplayer, but it's obviously not worse than singleplayer. There are lots of games worse than a boring, highly-polished shooter.

Mainstream games tend to get that way by being enjoyable. If there's a massive, glaring flaw in a mainstream game that ruins it for you, like Call of Duty: Ghosts being a mindless shooter, then that flaw must be outweighed by something else to have gained popularity. Codspooks, for example, is pretty, and has very approachable multiplayer. The only way absolute trash gets popular is by pre-release advertising (Dante's Inferno) or post-release bashing (Ride to Hell: Redemption). So, there's two examples of mainstream games I didn't like. But again, Dante's Inferno wasn't actually terrible, it was just incredibly dull and lived up to none of the hype.

In conclusion, Aliens: Colonial Marines. gg no re

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:53 AM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Tpcool said:
how you also mention the rest of the series
yes thank you holy shit
CoD was GOOD until like, 5
nobody played 5, but then MW2 came out and everything was downhill from there, unfortunately
I remember when modern warfare was a radical new idea....

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:54 AM
"..."
Tpcool said:
I really dislike how CoD is almost universally disliked by those who don't play it on a regular basis just because it's cool to hate. I haven't played the newer ones myself (which includes Ghosts), but going by how you also mention the rest of the series, I think you may be a bit biased. CoD is one of the most polished shooters out there and it has a low barrier to entry, something that a lot of games look up to. The multiplayer is a genuinely fantastic experience, and I think that a lot of people who claim they hate the series would actually enjoy it if they gave it an actual shot.
I prefer FPS games with strategy instead of just shooting. Like every battlefield game before BF3 (tbh i dont really hate battlefield 3 or 4, they just arent as good as the others.)

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:57 AM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I really dislike Ocarina of Time. It's just too boring for me...

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:58 AM
"..."
Captain Fabulous said:
In conclusion, Aliens: Colonial Marines. gg no re
I would have put Colonial Marines based on all of the hate it has gotten, but i have never actually played it so i wont judge it.
Aar said:
Are you trying to get yourself killed by every member of the forums?

Feb 6, 2015 at 1:00 AM
Aar said:
For some perspective, which game would you consider similar but less boring?
I just want to see where you're coming from. I'm not a zedla fanboi who's rushing to defend it.

Perpetually out of it
funwillfunwill said:
Are you trying to get yourself killed by every member of the forums?
You seem to be forgetting that the people here've actually grasped the concept of an opinion, unlike most of the internet.

Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
funwillfunwill said:
I prefer FPS games with strategy instead of just shooting. Like every battlefield game before BF3 (tbh i dont really hate battlefield 3 or 4, they just arent as good as the others.)
I think you're still under the mindset that CoD multiplayer is just mindless shooting. When I was at my peak, I could get the dankest killstreaks available, and it wasn't because I was running around with a good gun. I knew the maps good and I was able to utilize, gasp, strategy. Just because it's easy to get into doesn't mean it's simple to master.

"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Garnet Red was absolute trash. Here's a video:
http://youtu.be/WZOVYmP5Ylo

CoD is okay, but I prefer Counter-Strike. I'll see if I can think of some more games that weren't very good.

Feb 6, 2015 at 1:08 AM
You know what, Colonial Marines was kind of a cop-out. It's terrible, but it's objectively terrible. No one's going to argue in favour of Colonial Marines.
So, here's a more personal opinion on a staggeringly popular series of games: I don't like Mario Party. I don't like any minigame-based games, really, including WarioWare and those fucking minigames from Pokemon Stadium. I find it frustrating to spend most of the alotted time learning the mechanics, and I get little satisfaction out of mastering one when the reward is so small.
Everyone else seems to like those dumbass shitgames from Stadium, so pls debate me theists.

Feb 6, 2015 at 1:09 AM
"..."
Pummelator said:
Garnet Red was absolute trash. Here's a video:
http://youtu.be/WZOVYmP5Ylo

CoD is okay, but I prefer Counter-Strike. I'll see if I can think of some more games that weren't very good.
Actually it looks better than ET, but that's all i can say. It seems to be yet another RPG maker game made in an hour.

And it seems EA gets a lot of hate for their shovelware games--but in all honesty, they aren't half bad. I dont really like sports games, though. But still, they aren't bad, they just use the same formula for each game.

Another edit: regarding CoD, i dislike that they have just rehashed the same game since MW2. I would prefer a return to the WWII theme of the older games.

Feb 6, 2015 at 1:19 AM
funwillfunwill said:
And it seems EA gets a lot of hate for their shovelware games--but in all honesty, they aren't half bad. I dont really like sports games, though. But still, they aren't bad, they just use the same formula for each game.
EA does get a lot of hate, but most of it is for their business practices, not the games they've published.

Feb 6, 2015 at 1:21 AM
2dbro
Mother - Cognitive Dissonance

It's OK, but,
not as good as I thought.
Sorry if I hurt your feelings, you Mother fanboys out there.