Worst part about Cave Story?

Feb 28, 2019 at 6:34 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Post what you think is the worst part about Cave Story, no matter if it is an unfair difficulty spike, that one character you hated, a dumb mechanic, whatever!

Feb 28, 2019 at 6:50 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The Dog gathering part was a pain before stacking them was added in one of the later ports.

Feb 28, 2019 at 6:59 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Worst part? Nicalis owns the distribution rights to it

Feb 28, 2019 at 7:05 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
When Momorin takes away booster without a warning.
I ACTUALLY NEED THIS THING RIGHT NOW YOU COULD ATLEAST ASK FIRST!

Feb 28, 2019 at 7:55 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Hell B2. As the player exits from Hell B1, exhausted from their practicing and timed jumping past instant death spikes that some unskilled modders think is fun to place everywhere; they find themselves entering a long hallway as the island crumbles around them, blocks are falling from the ceiling, at a first glance, it looks easy, as they have survived this kind of issue before in their escape from the tower, but this time, it's different, for whatever ungodly reason Pixel thought it was a good idea to make an entire section of the hardest level based explicitly on RNG. No matter how skilled you are at this game, you will forever get your ass beat by this unholy piece of garbage that Amaya has brought upon this world. With every chance that they got to improve the issues, be it in Cave Story + or Cave Story 3D, there was still a refusal to improve, a refusal to make this level a proper challenge, a refusal to listen to the fans, no matter what they've been offered, Tyrone, Amaya, they want to see the eternal suffering and hear the screams of the damned in one hallway filled with rubble and angels.
Hell B2 is where you go when you die.

Feb 28, 2019 at 10:54 PM
"Huzzah!"
The worst part would be anytime in the game that has back tracking

Mar 1, 2019 at 12:28 AM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
when the credits end after you beat the game :( :(:muscledoc::balrog::pignon2:

Mar 1, 2019 at 12:39 AM
CSE Discord Admin
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Sand Zone.

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:26 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Probably all the backtracking in Bushlands for the Jellyfish Juice. That coupled with all of the fetchquests you need to do to get the materials for the bomb just make it a chore, as well as having to get the Jellyfish Juice AGAIN if you want the Bubbler. It all amounts to just a big chore.

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:42 AM
Stoned Member
Probably all the backtracking in Bushlands for the Jellyfish Juice. That coupled with all of the fetchquests you need to do to get the materials for the bomb just make it a chore, as well as having to get the Jellyfish Juice AGAIN if you want the Bubbler. It all amounts to just a big chore.
Let us all bow and thank Tyrone for fixing this one issue

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:43 AM
War criminal
People actually think the Grasstown fetchquest was bad, while Jenka is full of shit and made Quote walk further and further in a straight line just to grab one puppy?
I mean, at least in Grasstown you can grab two items ahead of time and skip Chako in vanilla.

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:06 PM
Based Member
I agree with Serri that Hell B2 is not good design. When speedrunning, the amount of health you lose is very heavily dependent on a combination of luck and how much you're willing to trade speed for health. Getting puppies in the sand zone is also a part of the game that gets a little bit annoying. The Grasstown fetch quest never bothered me that much, although one summer when I played the game over and over again, it did start to get a little old.

EDIT: 1750th post! "What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:12 PM
The Bubbler at Level 1.

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:14 PM
Pointless double post
Is this just a joke?, or are you really too immature to be here?
[offtopic] Given that he is a 12 year old, probably the latter. [/offtopic]

Mar 1, 2019 at 5:40 PM
War criminal
I agree with Serri that Hell B2 is not good design.
While you have telepathically shared sentiments with me, it was not my post that you have agreed with! :p

Mar 3, 2019 at 1:49 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I like B2 even though it's a pain xD (Though I don't speedrun often...)

Worst part? Well, the best ending where they fly away was pretty random to me... There wasn't a sense of tying up all the loose ends and instead flying away to find paradise?
What a curious choice... Kinda fun, but if not for the exhilaration buzz of beating Ballos for the first time, I think I would have been a little more disappointed.