Worst Cave Story Hack Ideas

Jan 20, 2019 at 11:55 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Basically, just post your worst, cringiest, most idiotic Cave Story hack ideas.

Jan 21, 2019 at 12:59 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
having a dynamic playersize hack where 4 separate characters have different rects and entity hitboxes and have different physics/sounds/abilities.
although the player customization hack is already a thing, i believe that this is possible.

Jan 21, 2019 at 3:18 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Cave Story Tribute Site Forums Mod

Because skype jokes xd

Jan 21, 2019 at 6:23 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
A mod where white people control assembly and black people control level design in a meta-mod that knows it's a mod.

There was going to be a white kid named nelson that wanted to to level design but he could only do ASM and was forced to learn how to do it in school. The (abusive) teacher in school was going to be me, and Nelson eventually went off and learn from some teacher the ways of level design, there was going to be a showdown where you fight me at the end and then racism ends yay.

There was going to be some joke with Serri in it and something about MaGCSL, and how Nelson can't attend in the contest because he has to ASM hack and can't level design.

That and Cave Story Omochao Edition (like Sonic 1 omochao edition)

Jan 21, 2019 at 6:28 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
A mod where white people control assembly and black people control level design in a meta-mod that knows it's a mod.
This is a bridge we must never cross
sptunk.jpg

Jan 21, 2019 at 1:17 PM
Sorry that I could not tell you earlier, but ideas for stories are also allowed.

Jan 21, 2019 at 3:16 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
isn't this thread about hacks not mods

Jan 21, 2019 at 9:02 PM
Jan 22, 2019 at 12:44 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
A mod about two narrators, one looks like Curly Brace and one looks like human Sue, who take turns making up a story. You play the story they make up, and in between levels you see their conversations. Not-Curly is the xd memester, and Not-Sue is the dark snarker.

The two go back and forth and change the story once you get through a section (ex. getting the Not-Sue-influenced Bloodstained Locket before going back into Mimiga Village, which Not-Curly turns into BonziWorld). It starts out as a CSBD, but by Egg Corridor the level design is completely original. As the mod goes on, Not-Curly becomes less xd and more sinister and you learn more about the narrators' real lives, and the story they create becomes more symbolic in nature.

After 1 or 2 hours of this, you find out that Not-Curly is a personification of Not-Sue's fears and insecurities, and Not-Sue has been alone in her house for years, talking to her imaginary "friend." The final level ends with you a hopeless boss fight against a symbolic version of Not-Sue's hatred of herself and the world, and the mod ends with Not-Sue strangling Not-Curly before watching as the entire world crumbles around her.

it would have a bunch of anime references and the entire ending would be a shout out to evangelion because im a filthy weaboo

I only got the first room done, then realized I was not willing to put in nearly as much effort as was required.

On another note, I would love to see someone put at least one of the ideas in this thread (not counting ones that are already released mods) into a mod and actually make it good.

EDIT 2020:
Goddamn I was edgy

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 4:36 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
happiness gun shoots smiley faces and you can do a no kill run

Mar 23, 2019 at 6:12 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Worst idea I've had is modding this game for more than two years before moving onto actual game development...
...Oh this is a joke thread...
...Of course...

Sequel mods based on the best ending are a bad idea because the good ending is the canonical one that wasn't haphasardly added in because people bitched to Pixel about Cvae Story being a baby game.

Mar 25, 2019 at 3:30 PM
you have no gun, go and die.

Mar 27, 2019 at 11:59 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
every enemy sprite is toroko. not frenzied, just standard toroko running at you with the stick. (is it a broom? idrk.)

Apr 4, 2019 at 4:14 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
i made one of the worst cave story mods ever

Attachments

• cs2.zip
    910.2 KB · Views: 4
Apr 4, 2019 at 8:43 PM
I still don't undersand why you're a fan of minecraft story mode

Apr 5, 2019 at 3:08 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
a hack where you can only have level 1 bubbler