Winter Festive Modding Festival (2019)

Dec 17, 2019 at 11:16 PM
"Huzzah!"
Dec 18, 2019 at 4:29 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Hello everybody! We're nearly down to a week here, so how are everybody's mods coming along? :D
yes
it is currently a mod
(i am doing my best; dont expect anything amazing though)

Dec 19, 2019 at 12:32 PM
"Huzzah!"
i think my plan was a tad too ambitious considering how late i started and my rampant procrastination, so i'm gonna cut some areas in order to finish the final one, i may add them in in a later update once the contest is over. hopefully this means i can focus on polishing what i've got! and maybe add some more bad puns in.

p372076-0-2f60de3fd8b95e0cf03b0de7c2d693b40aaaa0dd.png

Dec 19, 2019 at 1:57 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
i think my plan was a tad too ambitious considering how late i started and my rampant procrastination, so i'm gonna cut some areas in order to finish the final one, i may add them in in a later update once the contest is over. hopefully this means i can focus on polishing what i've got! and maybe add some more bad puns in.

p372076-0-2f60de3fd8b95e0cf03b0de7c2d693b40aaaa0dd.png
Good idea. :) I can't wait to play it!!

Dec 20, 2019 at 4:31 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I might drop out of this competition. I don't feel like I have a solid idea at the moment and I have limited time for everything. We'll see if I can do something in the coming days but it's highly unlikely. Good luck everyone and thank you @SSketh for the awesome competition!

Dec 23, 2019 at 3:19 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I might drop out of this competition. I don't feel like I have a solid idea at the moment and I have limited time for everything. We'll see if I can do something in the coming days but it's highly unlikely. Good luck everyone and thank you @SSketh for the awesome competition!
Thank you so much!! :D

Everyone the contest is going to end in about 30 hours so please ready your submissions for.. submission! :)

Dec 24, 2019 at 2:17 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019 at 9:28 AM
"Huzzah!"
Dec 24, 2019 at 11:14 AM
These look excellent, everybody! Thank you so much for putting in the time to participate in the festival. :)
Sadly I'm going into the livestream blind so I will have to pace myself!!

here's my submission, called 'Festive Quest' ironically it didn't turn out very festive whoops
https://doukutsuclub.knack.com/database#my-mods/mod-details/5e01d9053434950015cbdf1f/

since the stream takes place on christmas morning for me, unfortunately i'm not sure if i'll be able to make it, so if i don't show up, there's some notes in the readme file explaining some stuff!
The livestream will be in early January. I hope you're not celebrating Christmas then!

Dec 24, 2019 at 11:20 AM
"Huzzah!"
These look excellent, everybody! Thank you so much for putting in the time to participate in the festival. :)
Sadly I'm going into the livestream blind so I will have to pace myself!!

The livestream will be in early January. I hope you're not celebrating Christmas then!
whoops, i misread lmao, i thought the stream was going to be once the contest was over ala modfest

do you have a solid date yet?

Dec 24, 2019 at 11:23 AM
whoops, i misread lmao, i thought the stream was going to be once the contest was over ala modfest

do you have a solid date yet?
No, sorry!

Dec 24, 2019 at 12:59 PM
We are 11 hours from the submission deadline! If you would like to enter, please ready your submission. Remember that submissions do not have to be finished mods!

Dec 25, 2019 at 12:22 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Due to my will to focus more on my bigger project, I will proceed as I said and drop out of this competition. I'm really sorry I couldn't make it, but I hope there will be more competitions like this! I like the way this whole event was organized. Keep up the good work, @SSketh!

I've played all the mods that were submitted and I have a personal ranking (which I'm not gonna tell :p ), so I'm excited to see if my rankings will be any similar to yours.

Good luck everyone and happy holidays!

Dec 25, 2019 at 5:46 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
but I hope there will be more competitions like this!
Probably not, there will be a hold on contests after the failure and decline of Modcon the past couple years. And i mean sure, the CSMC discord has the bimonthly Modfest, but it's more of a celebration to modding than a competition.

Dec 25, 2019 at 7:05 AM
Due to my will to focus more on my bigger project, I will proceed as I said and drop out of this competition. I'm really sorry I couldn't make it, but I hope there will be more competitions like this! I like the way this whole event was organized. Keep up the good work, @SSketh!

I've played all the mods that were submitted and I have a personal ranking (which I'm not gonna tell :p ), so I'm excited to see if my rankings will be any similar to yours.

Good luck everyone and happy holidays!
Thank you so much for the kind words and I wish you luck on your bigger project. I hope I get to see it next year!

The submission deadline has officially passed, so I'll be opening a thread for community voting in a few days. :o
If anyone was slightly late and missed deadline you may still submit to me personally until December the 26th at 23:59 UTC+0. But there will be a flat rate penalty for missing the deadline!

Dec 25, 2019 at 3:30 PM
"Huzzah!"
Congratulations Ssketh for making an actually successful Modding event that got even more attention than the main event, (MODCON 2019)!
I didn't make any MOD for this contest, but I will be watching the stream once I know when it is.
Yeah, I just wanted to say this...
Happy Holidays, everyone!