WinAmp Plugin in_org.dll (ORG player)

May 2, 2008 at 11:04 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
in_org.dll is an Organya music player for WinAmp and compatible Windows-based programs.
Current release: v1.09 (2016-08-27)
Source code: Please contribute on GitHub!
  • Near-perfectly reproduces how the music is supposed to play! (may play slightly faster upon microinspection... I still haven't perfectly tuned it.)
  • The view file info dialog shows the number of instruments, length of the song loop, and other convenient information about an org.
  • Songs loop properly as many times as you like.
    (Change looping preferences in the plug-in's Configure dialogue.)
  • Songs that normally loop silence will finish and halt instead.
  • Supports extended OrgMaker 2.0 English drum kits.
  • Supports the most common beta drum set. (Change the org file header to "Org-01" with a hex editor or notepad.)
  • Full source code available. Released for free to all under the WTFPL.

Last edited:
May 2, 2008 at 11:47 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Very nice work, I congratulate you on your effort.
... Though, I can't try it out, since I'm not using Winamp, and haven't been using it since ... 2001, I think.

P.S: Did you base this on ORGestrate?

May 3, 2008 at 3:41 AM
X-Calibar Online
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
!!

I had been wondering if there was an org plugin for winamp... Nice work~

*downloadssss*

May 3, 2008 at 5:06 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
cookie said:
P.S: Did you base this on ORGestrate?
Nope, I wrote it from scratch with only the WinAmp's in_raw.dll source as refrence...

May 4, 2008 at 2:06 AM
"Huzzah!"
Nice so far.

This works on XMPlay, too, though the global pitch seems to be lowered by 7 semitones and the instrument sounds aren't right. Not sure if this is the case in Winamp or not (I won't touch it with a 10-foot pole), so it may be an XMP-only thing. Anyone else confirm this?

I can't wait 'til it's finished. I'll stick Balrog's theme on repeat for hours on end now. :(

Jun 18, 2008 at 8:23 AM
I tried fixing the pitch/volume stuff. Wasn't entirely successful, I think ... but it should be "better"...

I'm painfully dumping sounds to a raw data stream, so I'm pretty sure it'll sound exactly as bad in XMPlay as it does in WinAmp, unfortunately.

Jul 18, 2008 at 1:48 AM
New version released, source code included. I don't really expect anyone to do anything with it, but the option is there.

Jul 18, 2008 at 2:15 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I think it's great :3 *tested it*
It doesn't sound 100% original though, I think it's the drums, they are too high pitched.
But anyway, great work. :D

Jul 18, 2008 at 2:42 PM
Awesome! :D

I've always wanted a plugin which plays .org files in Winamp.

Is there anyway to make the song loop several times before moving to the next song in a playlist?

Aug 7, 2008 at 6:30 PM
No, a special option for that was not made ... I didn't even make a configuration dialog at all, sorry. You can fix it up yourself if you want ... I'm out for now. Busy with AgL. (A month has passed since the anniversary.)

Aug 8, 2008 at 11:54 PM
Echidna-san said:
No, a special option for that was not made ... I didn't even make a configuration dialog at all, sorry. You can fix it up yourself if you want ...
A shame really, I would've liked to have a play list of .orgs running in the background whilst I'm mucking about on my PC. Meh, I'm just glad there is a plugin at all.

Echidna-san said:
I'm out for now. Busy with AgL. (A month has passed since the anniversary.)
Glad to hear you're still working on that project. I can't wait 'till its finished. :p

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:54 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I found this thread when I was looking for a Winamp Org player, but it seems that the site the plugin was on is now down. Does anyone know someplace else to locate the plugin?

Feb 19, 2009 at 6:06 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
CyberBotX said:
I found this thread when I was looking for a Winamp Org player, but it seems that the site the plugin was on is now down. Does anyone know someplace else to locate the plugin?
I have a copy at home I think. I need JTE's permission if I ever want to upload it to the site, but I could upload it to mediafire later today if I remember.

EDIT: Sorry but I don't have it. I thought I did, but it doesn't seem to be there. :D
Found a copy of ORGasm though.

If anyone has in_org.dll in their winamp plugins folder, please upload it and post it.

Feb 19, 2009 at 12:54 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'd prefer the source if possible, but either one works. I also don't want to step on JTE's toes if he doesn't wish to have it posted. Either way, though, I appreciate the help.

Feb 19, 2009 at 5:49 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
There was someone – sshigi, I think – who mentioned something about having created a similar dll...

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:12 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I've had very little luck finding another plugin online through Google. I'm sure part of the problem is looking for the word "org" which is also a top-level domain name suffix, and doing "organya" doesn't always work either.

Feb 19, 2009 at 11:12 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
CyberBotX said:
I'd prefer the source if possible, but either one works. I also don't want to step on JTE's toes if he doesn't wish to have it posted. Either way, though, I appreciate the help.
The source was never released, and, knowing jte, never will be.

To anyone who has ever used the plugin:
Look under c:\Program Files\Winamp\plugins and look for a file called in_org.dll. If you have in_org.dll then post it here, otherwise it is most likely lost to the world. But I swear that at least someone in this forum would have downloaded it by now.

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:52 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
sshsigi said:
But I could make someone a .dll or something perhaps that would play Org's, if anyone needs it; that part is done.
See? There's one that may be available if you ask in that thread.

Feb 20, 2009 at 5:21 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I posted in that thread to ask. Although if anyone has JTE's DLL, I'd appreciate that too.

By the way, to anywhyisit, are you sure JTE never released the source? The link in his first post seems to claim that he did include the full source code with the DLL.

Feb 20, 2009 at 10:19 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
CyberBotX said:
By the way, to anywhyisit, are you sure JTE never released the source? The link in his first post seems to claim that he did include the full source code with the DLL.
Oh! You are right. Still it would be easier for someone to find the dll rather than the zip with the source code.

Hmm. I wonder what license it is under.