Wii music: garbage or just misunderstood?

Feb 13, 2011 at 9:44 PM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I've always wondered why everyone loved the new Living Waterway so much. D:
To me, it doesn't match at all. :l

Feb 13, 2011 at 9:45 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Ollie said:
I've always wondered why everyone loved the new Living Waterway so much. D:
To me, it doesn't match at all. :l

I don't know what you mean by match. Sure it was different, but it was also better.

Feb 13, 2011 at 10:04 PM
Hey.
I mean it doesn't match the Waterway. It was too quiet and it takes like a minute to actually do something. I admit that it's moderately good, but I personally like the original one more.

Feb 13, 2011 at 10:47 PM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
it's called Living Waterway for a reason :p
but seriously, there are some tracks that are different, but still pull off the feeling of the originals.

then there's crap like Plantation, which just isn't anywhere near the original in feel imo

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:42 AM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Really i seem to be the only guy who thought it was fine buying cave story on the wiiware and thought i didnt just waste 1,200 wii points (then again i love unlockable modes like curly mode or boss attack)likes most music and likes the new graphics.

Feb 14, 2011 at 2:24 AM
"Huzzah!"
Alot of the tracks just had a "going nowhere" feel to it. Even in particuarly intense situations, its trundling along quietly and slowly nowhere in particular, with the very occasional shadow of the original track showing up in some of them.

Feb 14, 2011 at 4:26 AM
Hey.
JakeXanth said:
Personally I think the wii music is great.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. And thank you. I agree all the way. And yeah, Scorching Back is one of the better tracks on the Wii.

Feb 14, 2011 at 5:01 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Marx said:
Really i seem to be the only guy who thought it was fine buying cave story on the wiiware and thought i didnt just waste 1,200 wii points (then again i love unlockable modes like curly mode or boss attack)likes most music and likes the new graphics.
I don't think it'll be a waste. The only reason I haven't already done it is because a) I have been too lazy to set up wireless on the Wii and b) I have been busy with school.

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Not really, they're just different. I mean, the new Geothermal is just full of emotion for example (a different atmosphere from the original though), and that's one song:
Eh, I really don't see this being full of emotion. Oh, it's nice enough, but it's kinda flat and subdued.

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
And the new Living Waterway is probably the best new song (even better than the original I'd say):
Not going to say if it's better or worse, but I do like this one.

Miles_Valentine said:
Alot of the tracks just had a "going nowhere" feel to it. Even in particuarly intense situations, its trundling along quietly and slowly nowhere in particular, with the very occasional shadow of the original track showing up in some of them.
To be fair, it's a video game track. Video game tracks sort of have to go nowhere, though I guess it's better when they do it in a roundabout way. :p

And yes Jake, that one is nice too.

Feb 18, 2011 at 9:40 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
About all of the Wii music songs take forever to start before it actually starts making noise.

And for those who own the Wii version of the game, you can click on the 'music' section of the options as a sound test. Sorry if it had already been mentioned.

Feb 18, 2011 at 10:02 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I haven't bought the game yet, but I just spent an entire hour or so just listening to the soundtrack. My thoughts were that, as a fan of 8-bit sound, the new music is great! However the problem is that for me they took the 8-bit direction too far in some of the more famous peices, especially moonsong. I used to think moonsong was nice, it gave a feeling of great sadness and invoked personal thought. With the new one, the background is so busy as to detract from the melody and make me want to mute it.

Apr 28, 2011 at 7:50 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
cave story wii the music was killed!

i have listened to the music the wii version of cave story (via youtube) and i think they killed the music example: running hell remix for the wii was absalotly wreaked it sounds like i should be on a rainbow pony riding into a gaybar!!!!!!!!!!!!! like running hell music is supposed to make your addrenaling rush so it will be fun but the wii version just... dosent seem good enough
and it costs like £8 or somthing to buy the new wii ware version of cave-story when you can download the orignanal from the website!
curly mode i saw on cave story (youtube again) was a bit dissapointing cas its like most of the talking is from curly thats kinda strange... i know curly has a big mouth but it just doesent seem right

ps: if your gonna reply dont say anything offending it just pisses me off!!! i be like this :mahin: not like this :awesomeface:

Apr 28, 2011 at 7:57 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Re: cave story wii the music was killed!

As a music composer I font really like the Music in the WII Version at all,
It just doesn't have that umph,
That power and soul the original did which gave you the motivation and passion to fight on.
There was some points in CS where i was in tears like the Undead Core battle, because there was just monsters everywhere and I knew the fate of the island depended on me,
The music was one of the biggest reasons for that,
If id played the wii version first I wouldn't have felt that passion at all, no way....

Apr 28, 2011 at 8:08 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"

The wii music was not done by Pixel, so no surprise it failed.

Apr 28, 2011 at 8:37 PM
Hey.

To be honest I don't agree with any of you.
I do agree that the original was better (And that Last Battle was bad in the Wii version), but most of it is good. I liked Running Hell, and when I was playing through the Sacred Grounds on the Wii version, it seemed to match pretty well.

But you know, this has already been discussed before.

Apr 28, 2011 at 8:56 PM
Member Title

Ollie said:
To be honest I don't agree with any of you.
But you know, this has already been discussed before.
Agreed.
Agreed.-(I haven't discussed it with anyone on the forums, but some of my friends also play cave story and we talk about it sometimes)

Kinda beating the dead horse with this thread. We all know what the wii version sounds like, and if you go into options you can change the graphics and the music back to original (or just the graphics or just the music).

Protip: When a word is underlined in red, it means that it is misspelled. (and I am by no means a pro)

Apr 28, 2011 at 9:00 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"

lets just hope that spelling remark was not aimed at me -__-

Apr 28, 2011 at 9:14 PM
/end

JetHawk95 said:

JetHawk95 said:
I font really like the Music in the WII Version at all,

Apr 28, 2011 at 9:24 PM
Member Title

JetHawk95 said:

p97696-0-imagesqtbnand9gcr9n4gjhb40qi5z0walddrbeomnrgrtltx1bgs4ykyvnqtgbth.jpg
It was directed to Mrthadawee

Apr 28, 2011 at 10:32 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Merged with existing thread

Apr 28, 2011 at 11:39 PM
/end
You know, I just want to say that merging threads together makes them look really ugly and out of place.

It's not like having two threads along the same subject lines is going to make the forum implode, it is not like we are going to run out of thread space or room on the forum. I would argue that you should only merge when threads are basically the same (I believe this one to be a little different than the first one) and for threads along the same subject just edit in a link to the other thread(s) in the first post instead of merging them together making them look like some horrorshow.

But, whatever.