Why the fuck was I banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2019 at 12:58 PM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
You've created 12 forum threads in less than a month, almost all of them are Cave Story theories.

Forums aren't really a place where you can quickly start a topic, discuss it for a bit, and move on.
Firstly, some of the questions you've asked have already been answered in older threads, so you should look in the Theories Category or search for it (above right corner). Secondly, there are Discord servers that are meant for quick discussion of topics, you should probably talk more there. (Discord is a downloadable chat client, people are way more active there, by the way.)
This site's Discord server link: https://discord.gg/0l4989hIisKn4fJ6
At the very least, you can post questions in the Profile Posts. But, again, be careful and don't overdo it (and by being careful I don't mean "post a bit less". Make your topic worth it.)

There's also a problem with your customized soundtrack. I need to repeat what has been said: Copyright does not work like you think it does.
Nothing's restricting me from using them in the first place. No copyright in the music, no trouble.
Copyright has always been there, it's stated everywhere if you look at the game, or its cover, or its title screen, or the site of its publisher, or... well, you get it. Just because you can maybe download it from Youtube doesn't mean it's legal, or okay to do. Posting it online for everybody else to download is even worse.
Sure, the companies might not care for one person doing that. But if they do, the entire forum would be responsible, which is not very nice. Also, that's just piracy, do you know how much effort is put into making music? The musicians deserve some money for their works, at least.

What I'm trying to say is: don't just create entire threads every time something about Cave Story bothers you. You should search more.

May 25, 2019 at 3:21 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
don't just create entire threads every time something about Cave Story bothers you. You should search more.
There's also a problem with your customized soundtrack. I need to repeat what has been said: Copyright does not work like you think it does.
Pretty much these, especially the first thing.
Forums aren't really places where you can just make a thread about every little tiny thing imaginable, especially if it's a subject that you'd just mention once and then move on. (I mean if you actually make enough content somehow to earn a thread a day it'd make more sense but-)
I mean I can understand though if you just are looking for a place to chat because I'm currently in the same kinda boat where my days are slow as heck with almost nobody to talk to for half of it.
As mL already mentioned the CSTSF/Modding Discord servers are more active than the forum currently is so you can probably find more success getting small discussions going on there and I say this even if I'm not in them for my own personal reasons.

May 26, 2019 at 12:11 AM
"Huzzah!"
Making this thread is just gonna get you banned again.

May 26, 2019 at 2:53 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
This thread's existence as a thread as opposed to a profile post or something else is a good example of one of the reasons as to why you were banned

May 26, 2019 at 5:05 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
bro...

May 26, 2019 at 9:11 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Making this thread is just gonna get you banned again.
Someone's learning

I think this has definitely reached the level of SPOT-filling and warn-ignoring that isn't worth persisting with out of hope. Things can always change, but for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.