Why does Ballos try to kill Quote and Curly?

Jun 5, 2018 at 10:08 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
1. He wants to die
2. He's about to anyway (the island literally falls faster than Quote if you jump off unless you believe the crash landing cutscene wasn't shown in chronological order) so even if Quote and Curly refused to kill him it would be a moot point
3. Even if he's like a jellyfish and can't die unless he's killed he doesn't have to fight back

Jun 5, 2018 at 11:34 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Given the statements in the story and Ballos himself saying that he cannot fully control his raging power, I thought it was all in clear text. Nah, he just wants to avenge the Doctor and the Chinfish!

Jun 6, 2018 at 12:02 AM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
because he a little angry at the people or whatever that story was when you go through the game

also quote and curly were kind of attacking him because he was making the island fall or something

Jun 6, 2018 at 7:03 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Because Quote wants to destroy the power of the demon crown meaning Quote has to kill Ballos.

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:21 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Because Quote wants to destroy the power of the demon crown meaning Quote has to kill Ballos.
Oh, I know, but what I meant was why did Ballos fight back instead of just letting Quote and Curly kill him. Especially given that the island is about to crash anyways so even if they didn't have the mission in them to destroy the crown, he would have died. However, Serri's answer is quite acceptable. He did seem rather lucid in the pre-fight conversation, but I guess if you feel as guilty as he does then you don't feel particularly beholden to rational thought, huh?

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:48 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Because Ballos doesn't want to die. He might not of been aware that it was falling also.

Jun 8, 2018 at 11:08 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Throughout the whole pre-fight monologue, Ballos makes it pretty clear that he's had some serious bi-polar issues since he snapped from all that torture. His powers running wild, him laughing as his fire consumed his own wife and child. Also, when he says "kill me or I- I will kill you!" He appears to be changing his state of mind. Clearly he's lost control.

Jun 18, 2018 at 4:45 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
he's tripping on shrooms basically.

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:28 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Jun 18, 2018 at 7:53 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Jun 18, 2018 at 8:30 PM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Walrus_Guy is innocent. He doesn't need to know.

On topic: Being punished hard, then burning your magic in rage, and then getting locked into solitary for a long time will break just about anyone's psyche. He most likely tried, with what's left of his previous self, to stop, slow down, or at least warn Quote and Curly before completely losing control of himself and actually wait HaydenStudios already said that.
Uh. Um.

Death by being crushed is quicker than being slowly shot down?

Last edited: