Why do the Gaudi in the labyrinth shop act friendly, but the ones outside try to kill you?

Aug 15, 2012 at 12:19 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I really have no idea as to why this is.

My best guess is that since they are inside a building they are a little more civilized?

Really nothing else I can think of.

Aug 15, 2012 at 3:24 PM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
No idea, honestly. I'm sure this thought went through everyone's mind.

I'm assuming that the ones indoors are maybe... "Off the clock", so to speak. I mean it's their job to guard the labyrinth, they probably don't particularly want to injure/kill Quote.

That's my best guess.

Aug 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
They want your business.

Aug 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Banned
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
no there trying TO MUG Quote! i mean the place looks like crap they see a shiny robot and then give meh your shit bro.

Aug 15, 2012 at 4:41 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Let's think about it this way, when you first see a Gaudi, your instinct is to shoot first, ask questions later. In the next room, they see you shoot a critter and that might anger them, seeing as how they are allies. The only reason the Gaudis in the shop don't attack you is because they didn't see anything.

Aug 15, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Professional Whatever
Yes but there's a door between each room. They can't have seen it so easily, and if they did, all that's blocking the shop is a door as well, so they would see it too.

Also bryce that would mean that they're attacking quote but the point of this thread is to find out why they don't attack him in the shop.

Aug 15, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Banned
no i mean the ones in the shop have stuff to live while the ones outside dont they see qoute come along and try to kill him and take his stuff to sell it and get stuff to live.

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I guess they're just more intelligent, since they manage to run a shop while all the other gaudis are outside jumping around doing nothing, only thinking about eating.

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I can only guess...
Shop Guadi ; Mmmkay if anybody suspicious shows up, smack 'im. If he's okey, let 'im in.
Gaurd Guadi : Okey boss.

Thus, the shop Guadi are under the impression that Quote has been okayed by Guadi security. Maybe.
I actually think it's weirder how the Guadi near the Core have armor/weapons, but the others don't.

Aug 16, 2012 at 3:22 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
The Gaudis outside are barbarous savages. Quote smelled like mimiga, and they thought he was food. The ones in the story are civilized, and have to stay inside the shop so they savages outside don't maul them. (The ones outside forgot how to use doors)

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:11 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
The ones outside don't try to kill you unless they're flying or armored. The regular ones just walk around and you only take damage from them if you run into them. Clearly Quote does not know how to handle himself around Gaudi outside of the shop.

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:15 AM
Professional Whatever
Well maybe the stupid Gaudi should just stay out of Quote's way
Inconsiderate jerks.

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Pirate Member
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Basically the civilized ones were placed in the building, and the warriors were placed outside.

Aug 16, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
I think the Gaudis inside the shop are the leaders pulling strings and preventing their goons from going apeshit and eat each other.
The gaudi who remarked that Quote smelled like mimiga is going to snap soon and will have to be kicked outside.

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Maybe the Gaudi inside the shop are just happy to have a shelter, and do not feel the need to get killed by Quote and lose it.

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:44 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I think the gaudi inside the building are union

Aug 17, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Jenka sent the gaudi to that building to protect something. Perhaps they were already civilized when they were sent there. The other gaudi outside lived there were savages like minerguy667 said?

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:17 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Maybe those gaudis realised that business is business, money is more important than attacking some random guy.

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:56 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator