Why didn't Quote go crazy?

May 18, 2011 at 7:59 PM
X-Calibar Online
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Why didn't Quote go crazy?
Because in the original Cave Story, he doesn't talk...

So everything he does is up to the player. If YOU go crazy and decide to jump in a SPIKE TRAP that says "This is a deathtrap!" then indeed he DID go crazy.

If you like to ride critters like someone (me) then Quote DID go crazy

However, fortunately for Curly and the island... there is New Game and Load. So we can give Quote the happy ending he really deserves :D

meh somethign liek that lol

Okay, better answer uh...
Because reality is subjective. If YOU woke up on the island, were attacked by giant roaches, talking mushrooms etc... you might go crazy.

However, if you have NO memories. Then you just accept what you see as reality. No matter how bizarre it is to us. If it is the reality you are brought into, you have to accept it if you want to live.

May 18, 2011 at 9:47 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
X-Calibar said:
However, if you have NO memories. Then you just accept what you see as reality. No matter how bizarre it is to us. If it is the reality you are brought into, you have to accept it if you want to live.

There are natural instincts we have that we cannot truly "forget". If those instincts get damaged constantly you do go insane. Like a dog being trapped in a cage. Or a human being trapped inside his own boundaries because he doesn't have the will power to do anything other than spend time on the computer all the time and complain about it as well.

May 18, 2011 at 10:03 PM
X-Calibar Online
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
WoodenRat said:
There are natural instincts we have that we cannot truly "forget". If those instincts get damaged constantly you do go insane. Like a dog being trapped in a cage. Or a human being trapped inside his own boundaries because he doesn't have the will power to do anything other than spend time on the computer all the time and complain about it as well.

Although I hate to say it; Quote's not natural, he's a robot. I cannot begin to guess if he has any natural tendencies in his state. I guess if you label him a killer scout robot; then it would be to explore and find a weapon.

But, quote is not close to the norm when comes to robots...?

Well, actually perhaps you could say Quote IS crazy. Because he's not the normal robot. If you aren't doing what society expects of you; you're strange, weird or crazy!

But, personally, I think Quote is insanely not crazy. To be able to cope with everything that happens without doing something bad. Like after falling down, he doesn't shoot King although moments before you were shooting all sorts of other things.
He doesn't kill Toroko, but merely burns her bun or something; etccc

May 18, 2011 at 10:55 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Yeah, I always thought Quote and Curly as outcasts. Yet people who are outcasts, who think differently, tend to do great things.

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:36 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
It is just that Quote is mo fo hardcore, and he just does not care.

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:38 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
They probably forgot to install insanity in his personality core.

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:51 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I just think that all the monsters and weird stuff is real in their world(or even just the island) There's a whole race of bunny people that turn evil when they eat red flowers, but they've known that for many years.