Why did Misery told Ballos to create the Demon Crown

Sep 26, 2020 at 12:29 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
If there is any plothole in Cave Story, is why did Misery told Ballos to create the Demon Crown.

My uncomfirmed theory Misery wants Ballos to create the crown because she wants other people to do her bidding,
but instead, Ballos curses Misery forcing her to do the bidding of all who wore it.

Post your thoughts here

Sep 26, 2020 at 2:50 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Sep 26, 2020 at 3:14 AM
War criminal
Oh my god, I remember that thread. I think that was before I came across the theory of Jenka having made the Core. Yes I'm saying it because of this statement, I was but a fool.
Sure, Jenka had powers but even they're very diminutive compared to those of Ballos.
Both theories are very interesting, though.

Sep 26, 2020 at 3:42 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
While Serri has the most possible theory:
My take (using Serri's theory as a base.) is that
in 2003 of 2004 Misery told Ballos that she wants magical powers like her mother, Ballos says "OK but on 1 condition, you Balrog, have to follow orders from whoever wore this crown, in the meantime you and Balrog can be put in stasis until the next crown bearer."
It is possible that she still has her powers after the crown is destroyed. I dont think the Demon Crown is the source of Misery's power. Ballos gave her those powers in order for Misery to be a witch like Jenka.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020 at 7:09 AM
"Huzzah!"
obviously it was teenage rebellion, yo

but yeah she probably wanted power, maybe for revenge or to prove herself or just be stronger or whatever - i feel like someone brought up somewhere that she’s not really that strong compared to what jenka and ballos were said to have done, so that could’ve had something to do with it.
tbh i do wish her reasoning had been expanded on in-game a little more, rather than just ‘forced ballos to make the crown & got cursed’.
oh well, it’s fun to speculate.

Sep 26, 2020 at 2:19 PM
Sep 26, 2020 at 6:54 PM
Actual proof... :critter:
Its just speculation.
The 7 hour war takes place 10 years after the events of Cave Story. The 7 hour war takes place after Half Life, The combine and aperture science turrets (not the ones made by the combine.) came to the island because they are in search of the demon crown. And Misery told Ballos to make the demon crown probadly before Half Life or between the events of Half Life and the 7 hour war.
And Misery is made in 2003 so that would be the case.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 3:38 PM
Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 5:46 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
>Half-Life
>7-Hour War
>Robots being built in 1989
>Misery being made in 2003

I'm sorry, are you on LSD or just really misinformed?

Nov 20, 2020 at 9:57 PM
"Huzzah!"
Im tempted to say its bait but I cant really say for sure.

Nov 20, 2020 at 10:54 PM
Nov 21, 2020 at 2:40 AM
War criminal
I think Misery was built in 1989 now.
Read my latest post on this thread.
Also im not on LSD or misimformed.
Kinda sus, tbh. I still think you shouldn't stick to your headcanons as passable theories, it's kinda ridicu- Quote is British, Curly Brace is MC Adore, the Doctor is Hank Kill, Curly Brace is trans, the island takes place above Mount Ebbot. :^)