Why did Booster survive?

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Agent of the System
"All your forum are belong to us!"
It simply drives the story along and builds drama, and excitement, wither good or bad.

You talk to him, he dies and passes on his booster 2.0. Very touching, and emotional.

You leave him, he comes back for a shocker, and builds more to the story.

Good to be back.

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Look who's back. Anyway...
X-Calibar said:
If Booster is on the verge of death, not even another Cure-all would probably save him in time. Although... there is one other item that might.

The answer lies with the dogs (and their master)
And why do you say that? What makes the life pot more effective than the Cure-All? Of course a life pot can work wonders by healing Quote instantly and bringing him up to full health even when it's down to one, but we haven't seen it heal anyone on the edge of death, seeing as how at 1 HP, Quote can still jump around and shoot just as well as at full health- it's just that if one thing hits him, he's dead.

As for what the Cure-All can do, Curly was in bed and explaining how she was in no fit state to go to the Boulder Chamber before the Cure-All was retrieved. But once you give the Cure-All to Doctor Gero, talk to Curly, and head out the door, you can turn right back around and go back in the moment after you've gotten out, and see the bed empty, hearing that she went to the Boulder Chamber. We then later see that she quickly got out of bed and took a shortcut which enabled her to beat Quote to the Boulder chamber, and apparently had been waiting for your arrival for some time. She would have to have been pretty fit to be able to do that, and that's pretty impressive to go from what Curly was in the Clinic to being able to do that so quickly. So I'm not seeing why you think the Life Pot could have saved Professor Booster in his thoroughly weakened state, and that the Cure-All couldn't have. I think it could have.

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
True enough~ I think we both agree the Cure-All and the Life Pot have powerful healing abilities. I didn't remember that Curly vanishes the moment you leave the room and come back in. And as for the Life Pot's limitations... We never get to see it in a cutscene, so it's left to our imaginations...

As for my theory, it was more of a joke, in a serious tone ;D Though, anything is possible...

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:41 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Honestly, there's a lot of possibilities for Booster's survival.
As it has been said, talking takes quite a damn lot of energy for old people, and Booster, being so injured, couldn't take it anymore and simply passed away.
However, left stranded for death, he simply couldn't accept that to happen. He collected himself and went on for the oh-so-fortunately placed teleporter that he could easilly get to.
Back at Arthur's house, he probably bandaged himself up a bit and slept on the bed to recover some strength.
Then he goes wandering around the island to collect stuff for making booster 2.0 and that's why you see the very moment he teleports into Arthur's house.
Or, he could have stayed at that pit fixing the teleporter AND making booster 2.0, although it's less ikely since he was almost dead at the time.

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Crystalwarrior said:
Back at Arthur's house, he probably bandaged himself up a bit and slept on the bed to recover some strength.
Plausible, considering that in video games sleeping is akin to a full three-month surgical programme

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:17 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
DoubleThink said:
Plausible, considering that in video games sleeping is akin to a full three-month surgical programme
Hahah, I know right.

Feb 23, 2013 at 9:42 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
When you fall down the pit there is no way out, he is weak so he gives you the Booster v0.8 so you can escape and save the island, but if you leave him he does not have to give you the Booster v0.8,
so he has a way out.

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
PixelVortex said:
When you fall down the pit there is no way out, he is weak so he gives you the Booster v0.8 so you can escape and save the island, but if you leave him he does not have to give you the Booster v0.8,
so he has a way out.
It's been said before but the teleporter is a more likely way out.
How would you go at using a jetpack after sustaining such injuries?

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:35 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
DoubleThink said:
Clearly all the beds on the island are magic items and casts cure critical wounds when slept in.
Jenka has had plenty of time over the centuries to enchant them.

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Based Member
andwhyisit said:
How would you go at using a jetpack after sustaining such injuries?
Would it really be that hard? We don't know exactly what buttons you have to press or whatever to operate it, but it probably isn't much more than pressing a few buttons or something, which probably wouldn't be that hard to do even if you were injured.

Feb 24, 2013 at 4:39 AM
Professional Whatever
Considering Quote can handle a rocket launcher while boosting, it doesn't seem like much of a problem to operate the thing.

Mar 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
MagicDoors said:
Considering Quote can handle a rocket launcher while boosting, it doesn't seem like much of a problem to operate the thing.
It sure does seem that way, considering the Missile Launcher takes at least one whole arm to hold and keep stable.
unless it's shoulder mounted

Mar 20, 2013 at 9:52 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I just saw this on Pixel's BBS.

> Why would Booster die when Quote attend to him,
> but survive if he get ignored?

Booster's spirit needed development of booster.

Mar 21, 2013 at 2:20 AM
/end
Booster needed a boost!

-gets shot-

Mar 21, 2013 at 2:21 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
He survived because he's just that awesome.

Mar 23, 2013 at 7:00 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I thought someone; specifically andwhyisit pulled a whole "You can't assume a person dies without actually seeing the body" but I guess I'm wrong.
Anyway, I think that Booster survived with the help of Jenka. Look at the best ending people, when the credits get's to Jenka's House, it's Booster that visits her. (On a side note, if you get the normal ending where Booster and Curly die, he doesn't show up) I suggest that sometime after Quote jumps over the pit and skips booster, he's able to save up enough strength long enough for Jenka (Or maybe one of her puppies) to save him. That way, when the time comes again, Booster is sent back to the Labyrinth back where he was and repairs the teleporter to the Labyrinth. (Either that, or the dog that Jenka sent gives him the life pot, then the dog leaves with Booster still in the Labyrinth.)

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I see someone has already bothered Pixel with this. Often when we discuss some theory someone asks Pixel directly... I think it's a bit too much asking Pixel for the solution of our every theory. Anyway the answer is like this @ his BBS:

> Why would Booster die when Quote attend to him,
> but survive if he get ignored?
Booster's spirit needed development of booster.

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:04 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Whoever it was, they just copy-pasted the first post.