Who's played Shovel Knight?

Jul 6, 2014 at 9:34 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Oh god, I loved this game! I might complain about the length if it wasn't for New Game+ and over 200 FRIGGIN' CHEAT CODES! The soundtrack was made by the same people that did the Mega Man 2 soundtrack, so you know that's good!

Jul 6, 2014 at 10:44 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
MimigaEmpire159 said:
The soundtrack was made by the same people that did the Mega Man 2 soundtrack, so you know that's good!
Uh, no, there were 2 songs written by someone who wrote the Mega Man soundtrack and part of one song from Mega Man 2.

Jul 8, 2014 at 12:39 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
...oops...sorry, must have got the wrong info. Either way, though, the soundtrack is wonderful!

Jul 8, 2014 at 2:00 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I've heard of Shovel Knight. Looks like a really fun game. :3

Jul 8, 2014 at 5:01 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
I've been really hyped about this game for quite a while now, and it's nice to see that it's finally out! The downside, though, is that it happened to come out near the end of the Steam Summer Sales, the time of the summer when my wallet is at it's emptiest (in reality, I do have almost enough for it, but I'm saving up for a shirt I saw on TeeFury). I do plan on getting it as soon as I can, though, because the mix of Mega Man, Castlevania, Dark Souls, and weaponized garden tools is too good to pass up.

A reviewer of Shovel Knight also summed it up in a two word phrase that cemented my decision of getting it:
"Catch her."

Jul 8, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I HATE SHIELD KNIGHT BECAUSE I LOVE HER.

Honestly this was a really fun game. Some of the levels seemed to have a bit of a steep difficulty curve which turned me off of the game a bit, but the game is gorgeous and really fun to play. Not to mention shield knight. God I hate her.

Jul 8, 2014 at 7:32 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
Doors said:
I HATE SHIELD KNIGHT BECAUSE I LOVE HER.

Honestly this was a really fun game. Some of the levels seemed to have a bit of a steep difficulty curve which turned me off of the game a bit, but the game is gorgeous and really fun to play. Not to mention shield knight. God I hate her.
I'd ask why you're having such conflicted feelings for Shield Knight, but I fear it'd spoil something. (I've seen a bit of gameplay, so I know who she is and stuff, as well as the meaning of "Catch her", but that's about it).

Jul 8, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Professional Whatever
No that's it like

Those dream sequences about make me cry

They're amazing and you can feel the emotion between the two knights

Jul 8, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
Doors said:
No that's it like

Those dream sequences about make me cry

They're amazing and you can feel the emotion between the two knights
Oh, that.

Yeah, I love how they can cram so many feels into such a short sequence.

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:17 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Shovel Knight was fantastic. I gave it $75 on Kickstarter early on to listen in on their design meetings. They are really great over at yacht club, they take their time and do things right. I was not expecting any of the Shield Knight segments, or a few other things, but it surprised me with all these things and it's quality. Fuckin buy it. Do it.

Jul 10, 2014 at 12:26 AM
"Huzzah!"
I want it, NOW!!!

Jul 14, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
I do actually look forward to getting this if I ever end up with my own computer. Steam gift cards are a thing, right? :3

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:39 PM
Professional Whatever
Yeah. Haven't seen one anywhere though. I'm guessing most game stores have them, or if not, you can just get a credit gift card from somewhere.

Jul 14, 2014 at 4:00 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Good to know. I guess I'll keep a lookout to know where to find one for the future. ^_^

Aug 2, 2014 at 11:40 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I can't wait to get it on my Wii U!

Aug 30, 2014 at 9:22 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I've had it for a while, it's a great game, the difficulty was fair (most of the time), and not much things that break the game other than the red ichor, silver armor (kinda), and the item that made you invincible (forgot the name).
Due to silver armor being broken-ish, I spent most of my time using red armor, or gold.
Something I honestly dont understand why people think plague knight is hard, tbh I had a harder time with spectre knight.
Also. Butt cheat.

Sep 3, 2014 at 2:49 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Got this a few days ago, already fell in love with it. Just beat spectre knight, took me a few tries but it's fairly easy once you get the patterns down. Didn't expect him to turn out the lights though.

Dream sequences are fantastic as well. Glad this got so much support on Kickstarter.

Nov 18, 2014 at 2:45 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
Bumping due to relevance.
One of my friends got me Shovel Knight on Steam yesterday for my birthday, and I managed to beat it in the same day. Loved the game, loved the music...
Also, two words: the stinger.

Dec 1, 2014 at 7:20 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Just tried it out and it's kinda OK. I kinda understand why was all the hype but I have to say that was the first game from a long time to frustrate me a lot. The funny part: Recently I beated Super Meat Boy without complaint. :momo: Maybe because it's the first action platformer with melee combat I ever tried to beat blah blah blah. Yeah... (I guess after time I'll learn to love it)
However It is platform game at it's finest with nice close combat and nice items both passive and active. It's great by combining it's easyness and hardness; linearity and nonlinearity; simpleness and complexity. I have love for retro games and this fits in perfectly.

Sorry for long and critic-like post. Here have a Chinfish :chin: