Who would win? Quote, or Master Chief?

Aug 7, 2015 at 2:50 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
TL;DR master chief wins matchup 100/0 master chief chose fox next time

Aug 7, 2015 at 3:33 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Captain Fabulous said:
a life pot

tougher constitution

Wait a minute. Sure, Quote has a lot of health for his game, but what is he up against in Cave Story? Jumping critters, getting poked by spikes -- things like that.
He's not even wearing any kind of armor.

If landing on a sharp spike instakills him, then what would a super-advanced sniper rifle do to him? They're designed to pierce shields and armor.
Quote's weapons might not even be able to penetrate Master Chief's shields. Not only that, but Master Chief has regenerating health/shields, while Quote only has, say, one life pot. Master Chief's technology is just vastly superior.

I've actually never played Halo though.

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:08 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
quote gets blasted by a floor squiggly on a regular basis

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:50 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Anuken said:
Wait a minute. Sure, Quote has a lot of health for his game, but what is he up against in Cave Story? Jumping critters, getting poked by spikes -- things like that.

If landing on a sharp spike instakills him, then what would a super-advanced sniper rifle do to him? They're designed to pierce shields and armor.
quote only takes 5 damage from missiles, and like I said before, he's invincible for a few seconds after he gets hit

Aug 7, 2015 at 6:01 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Noxid said:
quote gets blasted by a floor squiggly on a regular basis
I would love to get blasted by a floor squiggly if you know what I mean.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Aug 7, 2015 at 3:27 PM
Been here way too long...
Anuken said:
Critters are about chest-height on an adult human. Of course they can do some damage to Quote. However, Quote can survive attacks from bosses like the Undead Core, the Heavy Press, and Ballos. Multiple attacks, even. Think of how many attacks from Ballos, a fucking wizard, it actually takes to kill Quote, and then add a life pot onto that. Master Chief can take a few heavy hits, but not on that scale. The Super Missile Launcher or the Spur would make short work of him.

Could Quote tank a sniper round to the face? Probably not. Would he give the Chief time to line up a shot? Also unlikely, what with his abilities to fly and shoot through walls. Cave Story weaponry outclasses Halo weaponry simply because it's not realistic.

Anuken said:
Quote's weapons might not even be able to penetrate Master Chief's shields.
Quote has dealt with worse than some fancy space shields. Like a literal fucking wizard.

Anuken said:
Master Chief's technology is just vastly superior.
What makes you say that?

Goerge Bobicles said:
quote only takes 5 damage from missiles, and like I said before, he's invincible for a few seconds after he gets hit
These are gameplay mechanics, not indications of Quote's realistic abilities. You might also notice that Quote can respawn at a floppy disk after being killed. Still not an ability worth considering in this fight.

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:11 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Captain Fabulous said:
Could Quote tank a sniper round to the face? Probably not. Would he give the Chief time to line up a shot? Also unlikely, what with his abilities to fly and shoot through walls.
Quote can't stay in the air indefinitely. And hitting a moving target with a sniper rifle or automatic isn't as hard as you think.

Quote's weapons (especially the spur, not so much the rocket launcher) have very slow projectile speeds compared to Master Chief's guns. If they're going to be at any distance from each other, Quote will be a disadvantage.

Captain Fabulous said:
Think of how many attacks from Ballos, a fucking wizard, it actually takes to kill Quote
You know what? There's no telling what it's going to take to kill quote. He can die instantly from touching a few sharp spikes, but can take hundreds of hits from a boss. It just doesn't make sense.

There's no real way to tell how much damage Master Chief's weapons will do to him or what his weapons will do to Master Chief.

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:51 PM
Professional Whatever
I don't think I'd survive being impaled by a bed of razor-sharp objects either

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:51 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Doors said:
I don't think I'd survive being impaled by a bed of razor-sharp objects either
But he survived getting completely flattened a few times, isn't that odd?

Aug 7, 2015 at 6:06 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Anuken said:
But he survived getting completely flattened a few times, isn't that odd?
You mean by Balrog, power critters and Ballos's second form?

Aug 7, 2015 at 6:10 PM
War criminal
I do wonder, how DOES Quote survive getting flattened by Ballos' second form if he's much larger than a Press? Balrog and the Power critters are probably considered lighter than the Presses because the Presses are probably just a huge brick of iron(?) while Balrog and the Power critters are probably made of lighter elements. All I can really say is that Ballos was probably still full of hot air in the battle, unable to fully land on Quote.

Aug 7, 2015 at 6:25 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Miccs said:
Yes.

TLincoln said:
I do wonder, how DOES Quote survive getting flattened by Ballos' second form if he's much larger than a Press? Balrog and the Power critters are probably considered lighter than the Presses because the Presses are probably just a huge brick of iron(?) while Balrog and the Power critters are probably made of lighter elements. All I can really say is that Ballos was probably still full of hot air in the battle, unable to fully land on Quote.
I would expect that an impact heavy enough to shake the screen would kill anyone, but there is really no other way to explain it.. As I said, it doesn't make any sense.

Aug 7, 2015 at 6:33 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
TLincoln said:
Maybe Balrog is made of something related to soap, as he is supposed to look like a bar of soap.
For Ballos, I guess you could blame his wizard powers.

Aug 8, 2015 at 7:18 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Miccs said:
during your fight with ballos, I don't think the ground is quite as solid as some of the otherplaces, Its more compact dirt and decaying bones than solid stone

Aug 8, 2015 at 8:03 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Goerge Bobicles said:
during your fight with ballos, I don't think the ground is quite as solid as some of the otherplaces, Its more compact dirt and decaying bones than solid stone
True, Quote and Curly get pushed in the ground when Ballos jumps on them in his second form.

Also, we shouldn't forget that Quote is a robot, and not human. This could explain his durability against attacks.

Aug 24, 2015 at 3:48 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
Master chief. He has regenerating health.

Aug 25, 2015 at 7:46 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Master chief because he has a bigger fan base to pander to.