Who would win? Quote, or Master Chief?

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:10 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I mean, honestly! Some would say "Master Chief!" right off the bat, but, consider this: Could Master Cheif beat Ballos? I can't imagine Master Chief beating Ballos, but then again, Quote has a speed advantage, so he can dodge Ballos's moves easier. I don't even know.

NOTE: This is saying if they both had optimal equipment. If they fought, who would win? (Curly is not helping Quote.)

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:14 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I got an answer from that. Considering the strengths and weaknesses of both characters, I would have to say but one simple answer: Yes.

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:16 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Attheshows said:
I would have to say but one simple answer: Yes.
"Yes" as in Quote?

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:17 PM
No, I mean yes, as in yes, the opposite of no. Usually associated with consent or confirmation.

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:20 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Attheshows said:
No, I mean yes, as in yes, the opposite of no. Usually associated with consent or confirmation.
Maybe.

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:28 PM
Maybe? maybe what? Maybe Master Chef or Comma? Maybe the fact that this thread is just gonna crash and burn? Maybe that you will regret making it? Maybe my dinner will burn, or. OR. Maybe, just maybe yes?

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:29 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Something like that.

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:32 PM
Your answers are too short, non-descriptive and otherwise lacking in content. Care to elaborate on 'Something like that.'?

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:38 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
attheshows please quench the raging fire in your butt

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:50 PM
What if I told you that it's a neverending inferno. It hurts, you know. :c

Aug 6, 2015 at 12:48 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Captain Fabulous said:
How about this:

Quote has the Spur, Blade, Bubbler, Super Missile Launcher, Fireball, Booster v2.0, and 1 Life pot.

Master Chief has whatever choice of 2 weapons you want, and whatever Armor ability.

Aug 6, 2015 at 2:07 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Fixer90 said:
How about this:

Quote has the Spur, Blade, Bubbler, Super Missile Launcher, Fireball, Booster v2.0, and 1 Life pot.

Master Chief has whatever choice of 2 weapons you want, and whatever Armor ability.
Master Chief has a regenerating shield, Qoute has timed invincibility every time he is hit.

Aug 6, 2015 at 2:09 AM
I think Master Chef has an advantage cause well, he can cook. //thread

Aug 6, 2015 at 2:42 PM
Been here way too long...
Quote has the clear upper hand here, and it'll take some specific preparations on the Chief's part to turn the tables.

The weapons each party uses are going to make all the difference in this fight. Master Chief has some advantages over Quote: he has Cortana, an advanced AI, to calculate trajectories, odds, and that sort of thing. He has better close-quarters combat training than Quote. He is faster and stronger, and he has a huge pool of equipment to choose from.

Meanwhile, Quote has five weapons in his arsenal, which means he can already fight effectively at any range, he has the Booster, which means he can avoid hand-to-hand combat, and he's got a life pot, which means he will take a very long time to kill.

I don't know how Cortana can help in this fight, and Chief's strength, speed and training are nullified by an opponent that can fly and shoot through walls. That means the only way to make this a fair fight is Chief's equipment. It has to be two things he can carry, and an armour ability. Let's assume the space marine gets some prior knowledge of Quote, otherwise he'll bring whatever he usually carries and get destroyed.

Chief's greatest asset would be stealth. If he tries to beat Quote at his own game, he will lose. If he could somehow dodge all the super missiles, he'd still have to fight through a cloud of lethal bubbles and a possessed (?) sword. So Active Camo would be the prime choice of armour ability, right? WRONG, idiot. Everyone who's played a Halo match knows that you can see it. Quote's not going to miss the wiggly waves. Chief needs the Hologram tech. Two seconds of misdirection would be enough for Quote to turn away from Master Chief's hiding spot and fire his cloud of bubbles, if he's got one. A plasma sword would most likely finish the fight at this point.

I think Master Chief's only other chance of winning is to use the Power Drain equipment. It's not an armour ability or a weapon, so I guess it's not allowed. Besides that, Quote wins by having more firepower and tougher constitution.

Aug 6, 2015 at 9:05 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Captain Fabulous said:
Quote has the clear upper hand here, and it'll take some specific preparations on the Chief's part to turn the tables.

The weapons each party uses are going to make all the difference in this fight. Master Chief has some advantages over Quote: he has Cortana, an advanced AI, to calculate trajectories, odds, and that sort of thing. He has better close-quarters combat training than Quote. He is faster and stronger, and he has a huge pool of equipment to choose from.

Meanwhile, Quote has five weapons in his arsenal, which means he can already fight effectively at any range, he has the Booster, which means he can avoid hand-to-hand combat, and he's got a life pot, which means he will take a very long time to kill.

I don't know how Cortana can help in this fight, and Chief's strength, speed and training are nullified by an opponent that can fly and shoot through walls. That means the only way to make this a fair fight is Chief's equipment. It has to be two things he can carry, and an armour ability. Let's assume the space marine gets some prior knowledge of Quote, otherwise he'll bring whatever he usually carries and get destroyed.

Chief's greatest asset would be stealth. If he tries to beat Quote at his own game, he will lose. If he could somehow dodge all the super missiles, he'd still have to fight through a cloud of lethal bubbles and a possessed (?) sword. So Active Camo would be the prime choice of armour ability, right? WRONG, idiot. Everyone who's played a Halo match knows that you can see it. Quote's not going to miss the wiggly waves. Chief needs the Hologram tech. Two seconds of misdirection would be enough for Quote to turn away from Master Chief's hiding spot and fire his cloud of bubbles, if he's got one. A plasma sword would most likely finish the fight at this point.

I think Master Chief's only other chance of winning is to use the Power Drain equipment. It's not an armour ability or a weapon, so I guess it's not allowed. Besides that, Quote wins by having more firepower and tougher constitution.

Not sure if this would change much, but you forgot that quote can only shoot parallel to the X or Y axis.

Aug 6, 2015 at 11:14 PM
Professional Whatever
Snake? Bubbler? Lv3 Blade? Lv3 Rocket launcher?

Aug 7, 2015 at 12:37 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Anuken said:
Not sure if this would change much, but you forgot that quote can only shoot parallel to the X or Y axis.
well, that's another question. will the arena be in 2d or 3d?

Aug 7, 2015 at 2:42 AM
Been here way too long...
Anuken said:
and cave story is not and xbox game so I guess he can't fight mastur cheif :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) ;^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^)