Who would win in a fight, Quote or Megaman?

Who would win in a battle. Quote, or Megaman? What about Megaman X?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2012 at 11:29 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
But if I locked every thread I thought was bad, we wouldn't have any threads
And who's to say a bad thread can't be good?

Except for when it gets REALLY bad. then it has to be euthanized.
but we aren't there yet.

Feb 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM
"Huzzah!"
Quote can shoot in four directions. Megaman is limited to two, if memory serves me correctly. Therefore, Quote can easily take on one or both of them.

Feb 26, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Like I said, all in the equipment.
If it's the starting equipment, Quote only has three health points, while even the original Megaman has a whole life bar.
If it's the ending equipment then Megama and X most likely have some weapon that can shoot in several directions (the Thunder Beam in MM1 shoots simultaneouly forward, up and down. The Metal Blade in MM2 shoots in all directions...)

Feb 27, 2012 at 4:40 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
What? the equipment isn't nearly as important as is the player (see 3 hp hell run). The person controlling the character always makes the biggest difference in how well they would do in a fight.

You can't really ague that they're "playing themselves" either unless you can determine how good they would actually canonically be without a governing hand behind them. Cut scene competence could be an indicator of this...

I guess you could argue equally skilled players of each game are controlling megaman and quote, but skill comes in different forms, and would mean different things for each game.

As far as my vote goes all I can say is that me controlling quote would most certainly beat me controlling megaman. I never was very good at megaman...

Feb 27, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Veteran Member
The person controlling the character always makes the biggest difference in how well they would do in a fight.

I guess you could argue equally skilled players of each game are controlling megaman and quote, but skill comes in different forms, and would mean different things for each game.
Which is exactly why we have to discard the notion of "player skill" from the get go when comparing the characters.

You can't really ague that they're "playing themselves" either unless you can determine how good they would actually canonically be without a governing hand behind them. Cut scene competence could be an indicator of this...
Cutscenes yes, or their accomplishments and the strenght of their enemies.
Hayden thought no Megaman had fought anything akin to Ballos, but I proved otherwise (for X, that is) in an earlier post.

Mostly though, I believe the idea is chiefly to objectively evaluate how powerful the character is... which, as I said, is rather hard with Megaman due to how his abilities vary significantly with each game.

Feb 27, 2012 at 5:11 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Hmm, well I commend your efforts in trying to objectively determine power levels by abilities alone, but that simply doesn't fully convey the full power of the characters. Take The Kid(IWBTG) for example. He has no powers or abilities except for a double jump and a tiny little pistol. But he's a badass.

I agree that the difficulty of the games should play some role in determining their respective powers, but even then we can only say that Quote and Megaman are at least as powerful as their respective games (necessary condition). For all we know quote breezed through the entire game and crushed Ballos without taking a hit while Megaman just barely scraped through his levels, or vice versa.

The only skill levels of the characters that we can be absolutely sure are cannon are those in cutscenes, and even then, those could have just been an off day for the character, or a point in time where they were feeling extra destructive. Their Inner strengths really can't be determined.

On the other handwe all know that if we were to put both Quote and Megaman in a fighting game together with some subset of their respective abilities, it would quickly become apparent that one or the other has the edge in combat, when controlled by a wide variety of players in a range of skill levels. And to be honest, that's what most people mean when they ask "which character is stronger" anyway.

Come to think of it, It probably wouldn't be to hard to throw together a game like that, with just one stage and only Quote and Megaman as fighters. Hmm...

Apr 1, 2012 at 5:19 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
well now someone has to make a game where you can do that or something... but Quote can deffinently beat megaman without breaking a sweat but megamanX evenly matched

Apr 1, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Pirate Member
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
let's see.....

The last option.

Megaman would be powerless, but X would be evenly matched.

We are talking about fully-powered-up Quote, and fully-powered-up megaman x, right?

Of course X would win with his ultimate armor, but the armor is always a hard unlockable, or a cheat, so I think X should not be imagined in this armor vs Quote.

Apr 2, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Veteran Member
I think the Ultimate Armor was meant to be canon in X5 alone... at least so long as X5 was supposed to be the final game in the X series. I say this both because it fits that the ultimate armor would be available in the final battle and because X5 is the only game in which you can get it without using a cheat code or a new game+ (though you still have to meet very specific requirements).

...and I guess it might be in Command Mission also since in that too it does not require cheat codes (and it ended up being the last game in the franchise bar the upcoming Online), but that's a completely different armor.

Apr 3, 2012 at 7:52 AM
Pirate Member
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
You can get it without cheats in X4 too.

Also by your standards, the gold armor seems canon too.
Yet we never saw X in it in any game other than X3

Apr 3, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Veteran Member
You can get it without cheats in X4 too.
You can? How?

Also by your standards, the gold armor seems canon too.
Yet we never saw X in it in any game other than X3
How's that a problem? We never saw X in any form of his X3 armor outside of X3. Does that mean no part of X3's armor is canon?

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:27 AM
Pirate Member
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
You can get the armor in X4 by getting every upgrade, all capsules, filling all the subtanks, and being at full health, and going to where you would normally find an armor upgrade in that state.

And yes, It seems that in X1 only the dash part is canon.

In X2 and X3 nothing is canon.

The normal armor in X4 is canon since X can start with it in X5.

The falcon armor is canon since X has it in X6.

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Veteran Member
I don't think we have the same definition of canon (yours seems to be "what's mandatory to get and/or shows up in later games", mine is "what is possible to get in the normal flow of the game").

So, based on the method you describe, you'd have to revisit one of the locations in which you got an armor part and the capsule would reactivate to give you the ultimate armor? I don't remember that, but I guess perhaps I simply did not know.

Apr 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Pirate Member
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
wrong, your definition is false.
You are incorrect.

there is too much proof that armors that you get without cheats are not canon and/or are never used again.

My definition is correct.

Apr 4, 2012 at 4:00 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
wrong, your definition is false.
You are incorrect.

there is too much proof that armors that you get without cheats are not canon and/or are never used again.

My definition is correct.

notsureifserious.tiff

Apr 4, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Veteran Member
*lol* whatever makes your day, man.

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I think quote could defeat regularly Megaman but when X Reaches his full potential (Upgrades and all) I think he's more powerful.
But it would seem Quote has quite some endurance and is persistent. I mean after fighting Misery, Both of the Doctors forms, And the Undead Core (Including Misery and Sue), He went straight into Hell which is a challenge in itself and took on 3 forms of Ballos.. I think Quote is actually a lot stronger then we might realize or appreciate.. It's a tough choice, But in reality I doubt the two hero's would fight. It'd be cool to see them unite and fight together against an enemy :)

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Based Member
Haha, well of course they would never actually want to fight each other. Yes, you do have to credit him for the endurance he has though. Also, wouldn't that be FOUR forms of Ballos?

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Pirate Member
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
then again Quote is an android and cannot actually get tired.
He does not have to be strong have high endurance.

X was a weakling in X1 and we can assume he did the whole game without a break.
Also I like how you made me seem more evil than I am Duke.

Haha, well of course they would never actually want to fight each other.

Why does this thread exist again?

Status
Not open for further replies.