Who was Igor.

Jul 14, 2009 at 12:07 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Igor's detail was never explained, only that his name was mentioned when you killed him. He had two appearances, one at Egg Corridor, and one at the Balcony. He had disappeared after being defeated by quote in the Egg Corridor, so how could he have appeared in the balcony all of a sudden? And also, why was he in the Egg Corridor? Also, why are Egg no.6 and Egg no.1 empty and are filled with an ID card and a computer, don't forget to mention a missile too!

My guess was that he was the original protector of the Egg Corridor, as suggested by some other users, and when the Doctor came, he begun to eat the red flowers to protect his precious eggs. While on the rampage, he accidentally destroyed two of his eggs, it could be possible that he survived after eating some red flowers. So when Egg.00 was about to hatch, he wanted to upgrade security so he had extra security systems hidden in Egg no.6 and Egg no.1. After being defeated by Quote, Misery notices and teleports him to her or Date's lab, for experimentation of the effects of the red flower. They then release him on the balcony.

But my theory opens up new questions, how did he survive after eating the red flowers, and why did Misery offer to test the red flowers in Sand Zone.

Also, there was a suggestion that Igor had 16 eggs and 17 slots, so after Egg .00 was ready to hatch, he increased security of the egg by creating two fake eggs as extra safety precautions.

Feel free to discuss and post your theories.

Jul 14, 2009 at 1:09 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Topic said:
Who was Igor.
A mimiga.
Gaajashin said:
Igor's detail was never explained, only that his name was mentioned when you killed him.
Wrong - Igor was never killed in the Egg Corridor and so you don't see his sprite disappear after you defeat him.

Gaajashin said:
He had two appearances, one at Egg Corridor, and one at the Balcony.
I don't think there is any official mention that the mimiga named Igor reappears at the Balcony. They may simply be two characters that share the same sprite.

Gaajashin said:
He had disappeared after being defeated by quote in the Egg Corridor, so how could he have appeared in the balcony all of a sudden?
As far as I remember, he "disappears" only after you enter the final Egg Room. The conversation with Sue was probably long enough for Igor to be transported back to the teleporter and from there to wherever.
[/QUOTE]And also, why was he in the Egg Corridor?[/quote]
He was a guardian for the Eggs.
Specifically, the only Egg that was ready to hatch; Egg No. 00.

Gaajashin said:
Also, why are Egg no.6 and Egg no.1 empty and are filled with an ID card and a computer, don't forget to mention a missile too!
Someone thought they would be good hiding places?

Unless my memory deceives me, the Missile Launcher was not found in the Eggs.

Gaajashin said:
My guess was that he was the original protector of the Egg Corridor, as suggested by some other users, and when the Doctor came, he begun to eat the red flowers to protect his precious eggs. While on the rampage, he accidentally destroyed two of his eggs, it could be possible that he survived after eating some red flowers. So when Egg.00 was about to hatch, he wanted to upgrade security so he had extra security systems hidden in Egg no.6 and Egg no.1. After being defeated by Quote, Misery notices and teleports him to her or Date's lab, for experimentation of the effects of the red flower. They then release him on the balcony.

But my theory opens up new questions, how did he survive after eating the red flowers, and why did Misery offer to test the red flowers in Sand Zone.
I think it makes more sense that he was flowered and then appointed as the guardian by the Doctor since he says, "No one may touch my master's precious eggs."

The Doctor might later run out of flowers and then sought Jenka who had a huge stock.

Jul 14, 2009 at 1:19 PM
Justin-chan
Unless my memory deceives me, the Missile Launcher was not found in the Eggs.
I think it was found in the room with all the computers.

I think it could be Igor's room and he just recently became enraged, because you see red flowers scattered on the floor near the bed. Maybe someone fed him the flowers in his sleep, and he woke up from the pain and began to rampage.

Jul 14, 2009 at 3:11 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
jcys810 said:
I think it was found in the room with all the computers.

I think it could be Igor's room and he just recently became enraged, because you see red flowers scattered on the floor near the bed. Maybe someone fed him the flowers in his sleep, and he woke up from the pain and began to rampage.

by missiles I meant missile ammo, that is.

Either Misery or Doctor fed him the red flowers in his sleep, but the flowers are considered precious to them, why waste it with several petals left on the ground?

Jul 14, 2009 at 4:09 PM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
Igor was killed at the Egg Corridor, the "Igor" you see at the balcony is just a ravil that reacted differently to the flowers.

Jul 14, 2009 at 5:01 PM
Respwnt
Gaajashin said:
by missiles I meant missile ammo, that is.
Oh sorry, I misread.

Well, this one IS a good question.

Gaajashin said:
Either Misery or Doctor or Balrog fed him the red flowers in his sleep, but the flowers are considered precious to them, why waste it with several petals left on the ground?
Fixed. And there is your answer.

Jul 14, 2009 at 9:39 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Wait, no. They had no red flowers at the time you encountered Igor.

Jul 14, 2009 at 10:31 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
So instead of bringing them to the plantation to start growing more flowers from the clippings he found and beginning his run for world domination a couple days sooner, he feeds them to Igor to spite Quote? Logic.

Jul 14, 2009 at 10:46 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Of course that's what he did. It's more subtle, and therefore more evil. Evil Genius 101 right there.

Jul 15, 2009 at 1:09 AM
Banned
JacobX891 said:
You don't know that. Date could have found a few growing naturally somewhere on the island.

Then he could have used them to grow more. That's how plants work, if you didn't know.

Jul 15, 2009 at 1:19 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
It's possible that Date found some petals of a dead red flower from before when Jenka sealed them up.
Arthur had a secret stash of red flower petals but no red flowers.

Jul 15, 2009 at 3:31 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Older Theory

We had a bit of a discussion with Igor in another thread, along with the idea behind the two empty eggs.
Basically Igor ate the Red Flowers himself to better defend the Corridor, and the two empty eggs were either always empty or the dragons in them died pretty earlier. They were then replaced with the current stuff to upgrade the security system of the Egg Corridor.

Jul 15, 2009 at 5:11 AM
Banned
VoidMage_Lowell said:
We had a bit of a discussion with Igor in another thread, along with the idea behind the two empty eggs.
Basically Igor ate the Red Flowers himself to better defend the Corridor, and the two empty eggs were either always empty or the dragons in them died pretty earlier. They were then replaced with the current stuff to upgrade the security system of the Egg Corridor.

I don't think that Igor would have been smart enough or small enough in red flower-mode to fill the dead eggs with stuff.

Jul 15, 2009 at 5:19 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Interpretation

Never said he filled the eggs with stuff. But if he did, he could have done it before going berserk.

It makes more sense that he wasn't the only one who's job it was to watch over the Egg Corridor.
Something could've happened that made said help disappear and forced him to eat the Red Flowers out of desperation....

Jul 15, 2009 at 9:42 AM
Respwnt
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Never said he filled the eggs with stuff. But if he did, he could have done it before going berserk.

It makes more sense that he wasn't the only one who's job it was to watch over the Egg Corridor.
Something could've happened that made said help disappear and forced him to eat the Red Flowers out of desperation....

Who would be the "Master" then? Besides, mimigas don't seem to even know of the Skydragons' existence, as is apparent after talking to the fat one in the Mimiga Village.

Jul 15, 2009 at 10:42 AM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Roonil Wazlib said:
Who would be the "Master" then? Besides, mimigas don't seem to even know of the Skydragons' existence, as is apparent after talking to the fat one in the Mimiga Village.
I'm afraid that's pretty much unknown (although we can still theorize about it). And I must say, that is one (only?) weak point of the story: That "Master" line sets up a possible sub-plot, then is thrown away immediately with little to no explanation at all.
Also, Mimiga Village isn't the only place where Mimigas live. Who knows how many of them were all around the Island before the scientists arrived?
Anyway, this is steering dangerously off-topic. Basically, all I could say was already said, so briefly: Igor was appointed the guardian of the Dragon Eggs, possibly along with a few others, by an unknown Master. He did his job well, but then he ate some Red Flowers (presumably in response to the Doctor's reign), flipped the FUCK out and punched out Cthulhu Sue. The rest's history. The two fake eggs were "installed" (not saying how) in order to increase Egg No.00's security. Dunno why, but they were.

Jul 16, 2009 at 5:38 AM
You'd think the Doctor would do something about Kazuma stealing his eggs, though. Like putting another Igor (or five) down there. As is obvious from the Balcony, there's more than one.

Jul 16, 2009 at 6:02 AM
Respwnt
Captain Fabulous said:
You'd think the Doctor would do something about Kazuma stealing his eggs, though. Like putting another Igor (or five) down there. As is obvious from the Balcony, there's more than one.

I thought we'd agreed that the mimiga on the Balcony was not necessarily Igor. =O

Jul 16, 2009 at 6:03 AM
By Igor I meant "Mimiga goon", not a specific person.
And there's no reason that Igor couldn't be cloned.