Who the hell is Kanpachi anyway?

Nov 27, 2011 at 1:33 PM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Who is Kanpachi anyway?
He, his rod, and his badass way of life.
Maybe he's Arthur's teacher, then gave up on life and went fishing when his pupil died?

(posting this on the S.P.O.T so that you can't accuse me for spamming)

Nov 27, 2011 at 1:55 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I don't care what subform it is. I don't like all the spam you're creating.
Let me be serious with you for a minute. No one cares about your pointless threads. I think if anyone gave a crap about the mystery of Kanpachi we would have a thread for it already. Stop making me post things like this.

Nov 27, 2011 at 2:02 PM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Fine.
POSTS BEYOND THIS POINT IS NOT MY FAULT
[/thread]

Nov 27, 2011 at 4:55 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Cave Story said:
I think if anyone gave a crap about the mystery of Kanpachi we would have a thread for it already. Stop making me post things like this.

Okay this is not fair.
As much as I am irritated by all these spammy threads, this pisses me off. I dunno how many forums you go to Cave Story, but that is exactly what you're supposed to do. If there isn't a thread about it, an you think there should, make one. Whether or not this thread should've been made doesn't matter, if it didn't exist than he has all the right to make it.
The real issue at hand is kwote's saddening lack of search button use, which would clear many of these issues up. And even then, your snide comments in each thread he makes are way more annoying than the thread itself, why can't you just ignore it an let it die?

Second of all, he isn't making you post anything. You're just getting annoyed with all these threads he's making because you don't find them worthy. What you need to do is stop letting your post count and join date go to your head, everyone thought the same thing about you when you first joined as you do kwote, all new users take a bit to learn the rules and taboos.

Nov 27, 2011 at 5:45 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I would like to say that post count/ join date make no difference on my opinion of members.
And you do have a point, I was similar to Kwote when I joined. But I've learned, I've stopped, and now I see how annoying someone like that actually is. I admit I did overreact a tad, though.

Nov 27, 2011 at 5:59 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
cultr1 said:
What you need to do is stop letting your post count and join date go to your head, everyone thought the same thing about you when you first joined as you do kwote, all new users take a bit to learn the rules and taboos.
for what it's worth, I don't think there are any taboos here besides "lurk a little before you post, and don't act like a total idiot"
which is pretty much the (unwritten) expectation of every online forum ever

so yeah, based off first impressions, I think cave story was a great poster, despite the fact that he's joined like about a year after me, and hasn't really gotten the "feel" for the forum yet, necessarily
meanwhile kwote, maybe not so much
I sort of lump them in as having joined around the same time, although that may not be the case

so, if a forum member gets pissy because someone's making too many spammy threads, that's totally the fault of said person's horrible posting, not necessarily about the forum member getting uppity about their status as an older, more well known member of the forums

really I could understand this post if this community was a bit more elitist but to be honest it's not that much really;
post well, and you're received well

Nov 27, 2011 at 6:12 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Cave Story said:
I think if anyone gave a crap about the mystery of Kanpachi we would have a thread for it already.

I'll have you know I care very deeply about the mystery of Kanpachi

Nov 27, 2011 at 7:08 PM
Been here way too long...
He's the final evolution of Chinfish
You need a Fish Stone to make him evolve

Nov 27, 2011 at 7:25 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Captain Fabulous said:
He's the final evolution of Eggfish
You need a Fish Stone to make him evolve