Who made Quote and Curly?

Aug 20, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
i think quote and curly where made by the booster or the doctor.

how i think booster made them to help destroy the crown before anyone got to it really think that true thought its possible and maybe thats why quote got stuff from when he saw booster for the first time.

How i think the docotor made them is that they where built to help them like Balrog and missery but malfuntioned and then turned agiast the doctor and the doctor attack the causeing qoute to lose his memory. there we go! thats what i think :D

Aug 20, 2013 at 7:06 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
While the creators of Quote, Curly and the rest of the robots remains unnamed, I don't think it was Booster or the Doctor. I think that Pixel would have put some kind of mention about that.

Aug 20, 2013 at 7:08 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Uhh, no it wasn't the doctor, he was a professional chief before he became a doctor

As for booster, he likely had something to do with the killer robots in general, but nothing to do with Quote or Curly specifically. (this explains why he acts strangely in the shack toward you, is brings back memories to him.)

Someone made Curly and Quote to rebel against the current wearer of the crown and over throw him. they didn't kill him, but the did damage him extensively before going into hibernation.

E: ninja'd

Aug 20, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I've always thought it was unnamed scientists on the surface who made them.

Perhaps there was a small organization or a rival country who opposed the governments's lust for the Crown and designed two "special" robot soldiers to destroy the threat rather than take it.

Clearly they're designed better than the generic killer robots, anyway.

Aug 20, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
Bombchu Link said:
Uhh, no it wasn't the doctor, he was a professional chief before he became a doctor
p184385-0-indianchiefheaddresswarbonnet.gif

Professional Chief, never heard that one before.

Aug 21, 2013 at 5:14 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Essentially there is no (or next to no) chance that Quote and Curly's creator appears in the game. Furthermore there is no evidence that there wasn't two people, or three people, or even an entire team of people working on Quote and Curly as opposed to a single creator. In fact I find that more likely after hearing Polaris' rival nation theory.

However, if the governments on the surface craved the power the crown held then this could suggest authoritarianism. Naturally this could promote the idea that an anti-government rebel force might be behind Quote and Curly as opposed to a rival nation.

Aug 25, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Clearly they're designed better than the generic killer robots, anyway.
I don't know if we can assume that? After all the only killer robot we meet in the game has been rotting for 10 years in that waterlogged place, and still powers up!
There wasn't much of a face left on him...

What if they were all around the level of the original Quote and Curly? That would make the events of the ten years ago pretty tricky...

Of course it's quite possible they have been restored or even improved, since that time when they lost their memory... perhaps in preparation for Ballos specifically...

(What are the chances a super gunsmith and a super robot are sealed in the same small cave by the one and only eye door? And that Curly happens to be under the watchful eye of Jenka...)

I once had a theory that Quote and Curly were like the other Killer Robots, but stolen, reprogrammed, and sent on a different mission to this island...

Aug 25, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Well, I just thought that since Q&C's designers only made two little robots, as opposed to the legions of killer robots, they had to have been made better in order to stand a chance. It's likely that the killer robots tried to destroy the two due to their objective of destroying the Crown, so they would have died pretty quickly if they were only as good as their opponents.

Even if you say that they DIDN'T know, and the two just sort of infiltrated the Island with no problem, you have to remember that an entire squadron of killer robots fell to the Core, while just Quote and Curly managed to destroy it...or get close, anyway.

Jan 26, 2014 at 8:52 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
If there's one thing we know that the government was not involved with cause if they did they could send a REAL army to fetch the crown for the president or dictator or king or queen. This island is surely keep away from the public including most of the countries in the world. Either way when you give Curly the Ma-pingion she starts talking about her Quote and the other robots coming to the island. Also if their creators were booster or the doctor both would be wrong. 1. Booster would be to old to keep up with everything going on. 2. The doctor was a chief before coming to the island he wouldn't build Quote and Curly to destroy the crown he probley would tell them to get him the crown he could take the crown for him-self. Plus Curly would've recalled an old man or tall skinny man giving order to do this or that but she didn't so it wasn't neither booster or the doctor. It had to be someone else. It could have been the 2 nations like Polaris said about one country wanting the power of the crown and one country thinking the power would be to much for anybody to control.

Jan 28, 2014 at 12:12 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
OK, I have a theory that may answer this..

You know Cave Story Beta?
Well, theres this one picture that makes me think Momorin's Dad. If you don't think so, look at these Cave Story Beta credit pictures. Look at the top left and bottom right.
p120955-0-prtphoto.gif

DONT PAY ANY ATTENTION TO THE ISLAND AND LITTLE PUUS.

Jan 28, 2014 at 12:24 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
hmm... I would imagine it would have been most of the countries on earth competing for the demon crown (except the ones that couldn't fund such campaigns)

Jan 28, 2014 at 12:27 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
2DBro said:
OK, I have a theory that may answer this..

You know Cave Story Beta?
Well, theres this one picture that makes me think Momorin's Dad. If you don't think so, look at these Cave Story Beta credit pictures. Look at the top left and bottom right.
p120955-0-prtphoto.gif

DONT PAY ANY ATTENTION TO THE ISLAND AND LITTLE PUUS.
I think that's beta Booster...

And wouldn't Momorin recognize Quote if that were true?

Jan 28, 2014 at 1:29 AM
2dbro
Beta didn't have a Booster,
and if it did, BOOSTER WOULD BE SHORTER. lul.

But true, Momorin must have to recognize him,
maybe that isn't Momorin?

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:27 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
In the top left picture, the girl next to Suu was Misery. But maybe... in the beta version Quote was built by Chivalry!

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:36 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
Edit: Ninja'd
2DBro said:
But true, Momorin must have to recognize him,
maybe that isn't Momorin?
That teenage girl "Momorin" is actually a teenage girl "Misery".
And the man is the Hermit Gunsmith if I recall (isn't there a caption right under where you found that image?)

The beta is almost completely different from the released game regarding it's characters and story.

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:55 AM
2dbro
Huh..
Wait, Misery? Huh. Probably not what I'm thinking, but I guess that was the BETA Misery.
There was no caption under the image, so what TLincoln said, his name is Chivalry, I guess.

Also, her shirt has DD on it..
Do you think that is the facility that made the robots?
The fact that Quote was in Beta, means that Chivalry and Misery, maybe, made Quote.
Why didn't they give Quote the ability to talk?!

Misery made it to the full Cave Story, but heh, I don't think it's THAT Misery.

p184396-0-genius.jpg

Jan 28, 2014 at 3:16 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
2DBro said:
Huh..
Wait, Misery? Huh. Probably not what I'm thinking, but I guess that was the BETA Misery.
There was no caption under the image, so what TLincoln said, his name is Chivalry, I guess.

You do realize he was being facetious, correct? There's this whole joke about Momorin saying "Chivalry is dead, I tell you", and Randolf thinking that Chivalry was the name of her husband/Sue and Kazuma's father. Not like you were around for that but still, come on dude.

Also leepicreactionimagelulz.jpg

Jan 28, 2014 at 3:35 AM
2dbro
Okay..

I need to search up this guy
dud i didnt even know who chivalry is jez
BACK ME UP WIKIPEDIA

I figured out, It must've been Booster. OMG POLARIS EVERYONE GIVE POLARIS A PAT ON THE BACK AND A HUGE ROUND OF APPLAUSE.

Jan 28, 2014 at 4:10 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
I...I was just guessing. :greydroll:

We don't know much about the beta. Can we please leave it at that?...