Who IS Sue's father?!?!?!!?!11!?

May 15, 2012 at 4:02 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
All though there was a lot of evidence throughout the game of this,it still is unclear if this is true or not.

May 15, 2012 at 4:53 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm pretty sure that this was discussed a while back, but I'll go ahead and just say that if you go into the statue chamber and read the plaque below the Doctor's statue, it says that his name is Fuyuhiko Date. Sue's last name is Sakamoto. Since they have different last names, it's completely impossible that they'd be in the same family. Oh, also, the Doctor sought to enrage Sue, so... And really, if this were true, would the Doctor toss his own wife off the edge of the island? One last thing: In the Nicalis translation of Cave Story,
Professor Booster said:
Please honor my final request. If you see Sue one last time, please take her and... escape... from the island. She is Dr. Sakamoto's daughter.
Sound's like this, "Dr. Sakamoto," who is apparently Sue's father is a different person from Fuyuhiko Date.

May 15, 2012 at 4:55 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Sound's like this, "Dr. Sakamoto," who is apparently Sue's father is a different person from Fuyuhiko Date.
Or booster could've been refering to Momorin. Can girls not have the title of "Dr." too? (Hint: they can)

May 15, 2012 at 5:02 AM
Been here way too long...
Sue's last name is Sakamoto. Since they have different last names, it's completely impossible that they'd be in the same family.
Or she just has her mother's last name? Because of reasons? Way to perpetuate the patriarchy.

May 15, 2012 at 5:13 AM
Based Member
Or booster could've been refering to Momorin. Can girls not have the title of "Dr." too? (Hint: they can)
Well, there is a chance that he was referring to Momorin, but for the context given, it really seems like you'd most likely be referring to someone's father. Even if it is talking about a daughter.
Or she just has her mother's last name? Because of reasons? Way to perpetuate the patriarchy.
Some people do that... But really, what are the odds? If he really were their father, we would be going through an entire game of his family members referring to him as "the Doctor," and making absolutely no mention whatsoever of him being their dad.

May 15, 2012 at 5:19 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Well, there is a chance that he was referring to Momorin, but for the context given, it really seems like you'd most likely be referring to someone's father. Even if it is talking about a daughter.

I don't see how the context given would imply that he was talking about the father. Also what's this nonsense about a daughter?

May 15, 2012 at 5:24 AM
Based Member
Also what's this nonsense about a daughter?
Oh, sorry, I've been reading too much Lord of the Rings. What I mean is this:
Say that a man and a woman marry each other. The mother's is named Eomund, and the father's name is Theoden. They then have a son named Eomer, and a daughter named Eowyn.
If the son Eomer were introducing himself, he'd say, "I am Eomer, son of Theoden."
But if the daughter Eowyn were introducing herself, she'd say, "I am Eowyn, daughter of Eomund."
That's what that nonsense about a daughter is. Even though when you refer to one of a daughter's parents that you're more likely referring to a mother than if you're referring to the parent of a son, I still think that in the context of Arthur's house in the Nicalis translation, that Professor Booster is referring to a father.

May 15, 2012 at 5:29 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Color me impressed

May 15, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
May 15, 2012 at 2:09 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
Uuuuuh... ok. I guess the answers pretty obvious. :T

But Momorin on plantation, in the hideout says: 'Chivalry is dead, let me tell you.' Maybe that Chivalry was Sue's father?

Chivarly IS probably a name, if we're talking about who IS sue's father.

This just keeps nagging me. If Fuhikyo isn't, then who is???

DISCUSS.

May 15, 2012 at 5:17 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
You guys are...what.

No.

"Chivalry is dead" is a commonly used phrase. It means "1/10 respect is over retard". Heck, Sebti even just explained what it is. Besides, it's pretty weird to be in a hideout with someone and then have them say "My husband is dead, let me tell you".

May 15, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Oh my god who would actually think that Chivalry is his father's name
How HIGH do you have to BE to come up with this theory
It's not anyone's name, it's not even close to anyone's name
How do you not know what chivalry is, how does someone even begin to think this

I'm quitting the theories section forever I can't deal with this

May 15, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Been here way too long...
THEN WHO WAS CHIVALRY