Who is Balrog

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:49 PM
Off-screen redemption arc
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
We already have a discussion for what Balrog is... but I want to know who he is. What kind of guy is he at heart? Who does he like to hang out with? Why is this suddenly a meme?

Discuss.

Mar 12, 2015 at 10:10 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
He is a miserable pile of secrets.
His rockets are delicious.
And he is the only one Misery trusts.

But none of that matters, for really he is this.

Mar 12, 2015 at 10:11 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Balrog has a part time job as the Kool-aid man

Thats all I know.

Mar 13, 2015 at 1:12 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Oh hey, didn't that meme die off last week?

Balrog is a man of honor.

Balrog is a man of duty.

Balrog is a man of justice.

Balrog..is...DR. TRAN!

Mar 13, 2015 at 1:22 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
Actually i'll post an answer which is relevant:

Balrog is a nice guy. He willfully helped the doctor, but may not have been aware of all that went on. In fact, this happens a lot in dictoral regimes such as the doctor's. The supreme psychopath overlord guy tells a minion to "bring them to me." The minions dont know what for, so they just do as told. This can be seen in Nazi germany. Jews, homosexuals, mentally ill people, etc., were rounded up and later killed. Lots of times the german soldiers knew nothing, or at least little, of what was happening at the camps.

So anyway, balrog is seen as a nurse at the very end of the game, suggesting that he wanted to help all of the people injured when the island crashed.

Mar 13, 2015 at 1:56 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
funwillfunwill said:
Actually i'll post an answer which is relevant:

He willfully helped the doctor,
he says throughout the game that he has to follow the dicktor's orders

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:02 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Goerge Bobicles said:
he says throughout the game that he has to follow the dicktor's orders
He's enslaved by the Demon Crown, soon as Ballos dies he turns nice.
Plus, he helped move that rock leading to Almond, even while still enslaved.
He seems nice, but enslaved-not much he could really do.
He even asks you if you want to fight the first time around, because there was no explicit order.
("I leave the rest to you." isn't very explicit as to what the "rest" of the task is.)

As for the "dicktor" comment: I'd agree that "dicktor" is probably a better way of saying the Doctor's name-best not to confuse it with a certain other Doctor, who is probably not a dicktor.

Mar 13, 2015 at 11:13 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Balrogs were the Valaraukar (Quenya; vala "power" + rauko "monster"), spirits of the Maiar that were seduced and corrupted by Melkor to his service. There were never more than seven, according to Tolkien's son, but in earlier versions of Tolkien's writings there are references to entire armies of Balrogs, at least before the destruction of Utumno. Gothmog was their captain during the First Age.

Mar 13, 2015 at 12:20 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Doors said:
Balrogs were the Valaraukar (Quenya; vala "power" + rauko "monster"), spirits of the Maiar that were seduced and corrupted by Melkor to his service. There were never more than seven, according to Tolkien's son, but in earlier versions of Tolkien's writings there are references to entire armies of Balrogs, at least before the destruction of Utumno. Gothmog was their captain during the First Age.
If someone says "Who", they're typically referring to a specific person. I really don't think this is what they're talking about.
oh but uh i think i found who he's actually talking about
Balrog, known as M. Bison (マイク・バイソン Maiku Baison?) in Japan, is a character from the Street Fighter series. He first appeared as a boss character in Street Fighter II. Balrog is a tall, heavily built and very muscular black boxer. He wears blue boxing trunks with white trim and a torn white shirt under a blue tank top. He wears red boxing gloves and boxing shoes. His hairstyle consists of short hair in what appears to be wide cornrows; this hairstyle is similar to Mike Tyson's haircuts from the time Street Fighter II was released. Official artworks at the time also depicted him sans a canine tooth in the upper right side of his mouth.

Mar 13, 2015 at 11:16 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Balrog is a man of many names:
Kool Aid Guy in disguise
Soap bar toaster thing
OOH YEAAAH
Balfrog

He is a lover, a passionate fighter, a writer, a doctor, and a demolition expert.
But really, he's just Balrog.
The man with a mystery.
The man with a destiny.
The man that jumps through walls shouting.

I could go on.