• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

Who is Ballos's wife and who is his child?

Old topic!
The last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.
Oct 23, 2018 at 4:52 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Whenever I do the Blood-Stained Sanctuary, something always nags at me.
When you enter, the dog (who was apparently also there at the Core) says that Jenka has a brother named Ballos. Later when you enter Ballos's seal chamber, he mentions a wife and child. (I don't remember if he said the child was a daughter or what.) Who are these people?
The easy way out would be to say Jenka and Misery, as all three of them are family. However, this is clearly false as evidenced by the fact that Ballos is Jenka's sister.
Could the child be Balrog? I don't think he specifically said "daughter", and he calls Jenka his auntie. But would that make the wife another sentient toaster?

Oct 23, 2018 at 5:12 AM
Perfectionist
CS Beta Content Discord Admin
CSE Discord Moderator
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
I'm not sure if that dog is one of the ones that we help for Jenka, or a ghost.
(who was apparently also there at the Core)
Er-- what?

Ballos killed his wife and child. As he says right here...
Ballos said:
As I looked on, unable to quell [my magic's] fiery rage, it took from me my loved ones, my children, my dearest wife...
Their cries of agony soared above the flames.
And this was right after he went insane, which would mean they are long dead.
And if "fiery rage" is to be taken literally, there probably aren't any bodies to bury.

Jenka is Ballos's brother, as the game states. Balrog probably isn't actually related to Jenka, referring to her as "grandmother" is just respectful language used in Japanese, although he's probably taunting her. It would be mocking the respect that that kind of language usually implies.

Oct 23, 2018 at 7:12 PM
UwU Lord
"Huzzah!"
balrog probably isn't related to jenka
tbh I don't really know how balrog would be related to anyone.

considering that they [the wife & child] aren't expanded on at all other than the mention that they even exist, i don't think theres any good way of identifying them.

Oct 24, 2018 at 1:58 AM
Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Oct 24, 2018 at 2:03 AM
Soup Man
"All your forum are belong to us!"
obviously the wife was misery and the children were quote and curly