• Sue

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • King and Toroko

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
Sep 20, 2008 at 10:26 PM
I can has squidburger?
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I know this was slightly controversial so I'm just gonna say that I'm not necessarily for all of these options.
I finally got the hang of posting these polls- turns out if you press the Back button while you're changing the options it goes ahead and posts the polls anyways.
You can vote for multiple people.

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:31 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
you know where i stand
btw: this is for the script

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:40 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Uhh... You actually thought King and Toroko don't necessarily need to die? It's a freaking major plot point. Apart from that, I don't really care what you do with the others, but Curly survives. That is, she doesn't die. You shouldn't even have included her. Ya get that, punk?

Ragamuffin said:
btw: this is for the script
Well, duh.

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:43 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
T-Jack said:
Uhh... You actually thought King and Toroko don't necessarily need to die? It's a freaking major plot point.
ya
all though Toroko is my fav char i still think that she needs to die

T-Jack said:
Well, duh.
well soorrryyy just trying to help

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:46 PM
I can has squidburger?
T-Jack said:
Uhh... You actually thought King and Toroko don't necessarily need to die? It's a freaking major plot point. Apart from that, I don't really care what you do with the others, but Curly survives. That is, she doesn't die. You shouldn't even have included her. Ya get that, punk?

Well, duh.
Oh, everyone knows that King and Toroko die. I think so too. I just included it in the poll to be complete. I didn't say that I was opposed to all of the options- just that I wasn't necessarily for them.
Just FYI: I voted for King and Toroko and Misery.

Sep 20, 2008 at 11:49 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
innocent.bystander said:
Wait- who voted Curly?

Someone thought he would be big by voting for every single option since it's a checkbox poll.

Sep 20, 2008 at 11:52 PM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I vote king, toroko, and Curly. One of the most emotional parts of the game was when Curly died in the easy path, and I think that taking that out removes a lot of the feeling in the game. Especially how she sacrificed herself to save Quote. I don't think I've ever felt as sad during a video game, and only once or twice during a book. (Bridge to Terabithia comes to mind)

Also, I don't like the way Toroko and King died right away, one after another. I think king should die at a different time, or possibly not die at all.

Also, I'm detecting a noticeable lack of booster on that list.

Sep 21, 2008 at 12:07 AM
This Troper
dooey100 said:
I vote king, toroko, and Curly. One of the most emotional parts of the game was when Curly died in the easy path, and I think that taking that out removes a lot of the feeling in the game. Especially how she sacrificed herself to save Quote. I don't think I've ever felt as sad during a video game, and only once or twice during a book. (Bridge to Terabithia comes to mind)
Yeah, that was very emotional. Right after killing off Toroko. And King. And Booster. Anybody notice a pattern here?
Code:
10 KILL MAJOR CHARACTER
20 GOTO 10

dooey100 said:
Also, I don't like the way Toroko and King died right away, one after another. I think king should die at a different time, or possibly not die at all.
Then Quote wouldn't get that nifty sword. And we would lose that "King's ghost finishes off Date" scene Atravir planned.

dooey100 said:
Also, I'm detecting a noticeable lack of booster on that list.
Umm... Yeah, that's right. Innocent, where's Booster?

Sep 21, 2008 at 1:21 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well the movie plays out all of the plot points you require to access sacred grounds but uses the normal ending. So Booster and Curly live and King & Toroko die. Also it is confirmed that Atravir intended Quote to live as well.

As I said, I have kept track of this project for a long time now.

Sep 21, 2008 at 3:50 AM
I can has squidburger?
Yup, Atravir wanted Booster to live. I don't mind that.
Okay. Here's my decision so far.
Sue lives.
Quote and Curly live.
Misery- Undecided. I still think she would be better off dead.

Sep 21, 2008 at 3:54 AM
In front of a computer
I still think you should just make it unknown whether Misery lives or not. Don't show that she dies, but don't show that she survives either. Make it ambiguous.

Sep 21, 2008 at 5:12 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
innocent.bystander said:
Misery- Undecided. I still think she would be better off dead.
Misery isn't the bad guy, just like Balrog isn't. Although thousands of years of slavery to the crown has broken her to the point where she tries to take some sick enjoyment out of what she does just to mold the illusion that she actually has a choice in her life. Anyone who has seen the special ending should know that Misery was just as much a victim of the crown as anyone else. Plus Misery is confirmed to be still alive by the spell still holding over Sue. Also Atravir has confirmed that Misery is still alive by the end of the movie script. Though whether or not the audience knows that Misery is still alive? I would say that the audience should be kept in the dark about what happened to Misery.

Sep 21, 2008 at 10:00 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
NOT Misery.

It's important to show that Misery was only forced to do the King's bidding because of the Crown. By killing her off, you're not leaving room for that bit. If you choose to omit the part and depict her as a full-fledged minion, you're changing too much IMO.

Besides, she's hawt.

Sep 21, 2008 at 1:02 PM
This Troper
Well, since we're doing the normal ending, it's not needed to show Misery and Balrog as slaves. I'd go with the "undecided" one here.

Sep 21, 2008 at 2:36 PM
I can has squidburger?
Celtic Minstrel said:
I still think you should just make it unknown whether Misery lives or not. Don't show that she dies, but don't show that she survives either. Make it ambiguous.
Good idea.
Roonil Wazlib said:
Besides, she's hawt.
Good point. I'm leaving it ambiguous.

Sep 21, 2008 at 3:18 PM
Hoxtilicious
NOT Sue.

It's important to show that Sue has escaped to show the "We escaped, but at what cost?" part. By killing her off, you're not leaving room for that bit. If you choose to omit the part and depict her as a girl who isn't even a bit plucky, you're changing too much IMO.

Besides, she's hawt.

Sep 21, 2008 at 3:20 PM
I can has squidburger?
S. P. Gardebiter said:
NOT Sue.

It's important to show that Sue has escaped to show the "We escaped, but at what cost?" part.
I think if she died it would really show more of that part. However...
S. P. Gardebiter said:
By killing her off, you're not leaving room for that bit. If you choose to omit the part and depict her as a girl who isn't even a bit plucky, you're changing too much IMO.
Good point.
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Besides, she's hawt.
She lives. ;D

Sep 21, 2008 at 3:29 PM
This Troper
NOT Curly.

Without her, the audience never learns Quote's backstory, and since it's Momorin who finds her in the water, she takes the poor robot with her.

Besides... eh, you know what would be here.