White Space (Android)

Oct 26, 2016 at 6:22 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I've been lurking on the forum for along time and i decided to make an account for this.

I made a game, it's a "bullet hell" game with 2 different play modes. you move the ship left and right dodging a variety of different bullets and bullet patterns, the game modes dictate the types of patterns and difficulty.
Honestly that's all their is to say play it if you want, here's a screenshot~
diph.php
You can get it HERE. (Android only).
also leave feedback please~

Oct 27, 2016 at 1:03 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
If I'm going to install this may I know why it says it wants access to my phone media or files? It's probably a technicality but it's not the first time I've seen it and I'd like some actual details for once :hoppy:

Oct 27, 2016 at 9:36 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
If I'm going to install this may I know why it says it wants access to my phone media or files? It's probably a technicality but it's not the first time I've seen it and I'd like some actual details for once :hoppy:
The game needs to save a save file (Which contains the highscore) so it needs access to the files to save.

Oct 27, 2016 at 10:16 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
The game needs to save a save file (Which contains the highscore) so it needs access to the files to save.
couldn't you have just used SharedPreferences or Internal Storage without needing the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission

Oct 29, 2016 at 12:29 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Okay I tried it. Seems well-made for what it is, the movement is responsive and the patterns were fast without being annoying to deal with. Such things are difficult to get right, particularly for novice developers, therefore I say good work! \o/

Oct 30, 2016 at 3:28 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Okay I tried it. Seems well-made for what it is, the movement is responsive and the patterns were fast without being annoying to deal with. Such things are difficult to get right, particularly for novice developers, therefore I say good work! \o/
Thank you!