Which is the hardest boss in Cave Story?

Jun 2, 2014 at 4:34 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Woah, hold on there. I was relating my experience of the Core's difficulty from when I first played CS. All of CS' bosses are easy when you've played CS to death like all of us have, so the only way to accurately judge difficulty is from a beginner's perspective. I suppose I should have been clearer in that regard.

Jun 20, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm still working away at getting a 100% playthrough. But in the normal playthrough, the final boss was the hardest by far. The core thingy that had its 2 mutated henchman!

Jul 19, 2014 at 3:23 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Honestly after trying to get S rank on Boss Rush for a while now, the boss that has been giving the most trouble has been either the Core or Ballos' 3rd form. Trying to dodge him as he moves around the room, plus the high damage from being hit is a real pain. Monster X really isn't that difficult when you learn his attack pattern, and he's become one of my favourite bosses to fight now!

Jul 19, 2014 at 5:28 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
The core was probably the hardest in my opinion.

May 15, 2015 at 9:32 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I have encountered (of course) many bosses in Cave Story and I finally after a couple playthroughs, got to the blood stained sanctuary, also known as Hell. Thinking of Ballos, I wondered, what are the hardest bosses. Mine is the Undead Core just because I haven't got to Ballos yet. What do you think is the hardest boss?

May 15, 2015 at 9:44 PM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
May 15, 2015 at 10:27 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
We already have a thread for this. Can the mods move it?

Anyway, it really depends on the situation for me. If i'm doing a hard mode run, Monster X is definitely the hardest.

If not, I can't really say because I have beaten them each so many times they're just not a challenge anymore.