Where should I post my ideas?

Jul 6, 2013 at 7:57 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I was going to announce a mod and I'm going to need a little help, but where should I put my ideas since Ideas and Dev. is closing?

Jul 6, 2013 at 8:00 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You don't
make something, then post about it

Jul 6, 2013 at 8:04 PM
kay

Wait, Noxid, do you know where I can get a uncrowned Doctor facepic?

Jul 6, 2013 at 8:07 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
uhhh
take the regular one and erase the crown

Jul 13, 2013 at 4:22 AM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Pyroaid said:
Wait, Noxid, do you know where I can get a uncrowned Doctor facepic?
He doesn't. But I do.

diph.php

Jul 13, 2013 at 6:23 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
ZarroTsu said:
He doesn't. But I do.

diph.php
May I please, please. PLEASE use this face pic for Sue's story?

I've been trying for DAYS to get his hair right.

I'd appreciate if if I could.

Jul 13, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Jul 13, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I wouldn't have posted it in this topic if it weren't implying free use.

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Kay thnx.
XP

Jul 28, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Noxid said:
You don't
make something, then post about it
(sorry for bringing up this topic so late- kind of new...) But that kind of sucks for someone like me... I wanted to post an idea of mine and hand it off to someone more experienced that would like to use it. (with credit of the idea for me of course.) With what knowledge I have on modding I could never do what I have planned. :c Is there anything at all I could do about it? Personally I think it's a really good idea that I'd love to see put to use...

Jul 28, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Based Member
ThePalm-TopTiger said:
I wanted to post an idea of mine and hand it off to someone more experienced that would like to use it. (with credit of the idea for me of course.) With what knowledge I have on modding I could never do what I have planned. :c Is there anything at all I could do about it? Personally I think it's a really good idea that I'd love to see put to use...
Sorry to break it to you, but that's the reason the ideas and development section is closing. New users would post an idea, and either abandon it quickly, ask for people to hold their hand throughout development, or simply throw the idea out there in the hopes of some modder taking up the idea and making it. In the end it would only amount to spam. You're probably going to have to learn modding and do this yourself if you want this to happen.
A wise man once said:
Nobody is going to make your mod for you. The Cave Story modding community is not a large one, and typically anyone with the skills to contribute to a mod is already working on one. Thus if you come out and say that you have an idea for the "best mod evar," and need a team of a dozen supporting artists and script writers, you should probably just get out. Mods typically work best as solo projects, or, if you want, you can collaborate with someone you already know who also wants to make a mod. There are no hand-outs.

Jul 28, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Professional Whatever
I WILL HELP ALL THE PEOPLE

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
HaydenStudios said:
Sorry to break it to you, but that's the reason the ideas and development section is closing. New users would post an idea, and either abandon it quickly, ask for people to hold their hand throughout development, or simply throw the idea out there in the hopes of some modder taking up the idea and making it. In the end it would only amount to spam. You're probably going to have to learn modding and do this yourself if you want this to happen.
hmmm I understand. :c It's a shame to see such a good idea go to waste though... It's something on a level I don't see myself getting to. It's not really an idea for an entire mod; just something to be used in one for an upgrading system of weapons. (It wouldn't just be making them stronger- but adding new affects and such that I wouldn't know anywhere to begin with adding) I guess I'll just befriend someone who's good enough to do it and see if they want to add it or not. >< Thank you for the answer! (And for being nice too... Some people that have replied to me about things like this have been quite rude. >>)

Jul 28, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
ThePalm-TopTiger said:
(And for being nice too... Some people that have replied to me about things like this have been quite rude. >>)
I think everyone on this forum is tired of "idea" guys. Pretty much anyone can have an idea for an awesome game or mechanic that sounds really cool and would be fun to play. But the real problem is being able to turn that idea into something tangible/playable, which pretty much everyone who ever posted in the ideas section lacked.